Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Bogut should make the all-star team

I know I'll get a little "Bucks homer" hate for this, but keep in mind that I am also frequently accused by other few Bucks fans of not liking anybody on the team. I really do try to be objective. Meanwhile, the Bucks are never televised, so I know not many of you are watching Bogut and the Bucks. He started the season off pretty slow, but has been really getting it done as of late. Here's my case:

-Only two players in the NBA average 15 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks. Bogut and Dwight Howard.

-Bogut is tied for 2nd in blocks (after Dwight, and tied with Josh Smith, and Sam Dalembert), plus he takes a lot of charges.

-The Bucks are a lot better than everybody thought they would be. The over/under in Vegas pre-season was 26.5 wins, but the Bucks are on pace for 34 wins. None of the major sports media (ESPN, SI, Yahoo, etc.) put the Bucks as the 9th seed in the East.

-Who is Bogut's competition at the backup center spot?

Brook Lopez? Lopez puts up 3 more points, but fewer rebounds, blocks, and a lower fg%. He also is a member of the worst team ever, which should probably disqualify him.

Shaq? Shaq plays on an elite team, but he only puts up 11 and 6. I think his reign is over.

What about the non-centers as backup center? David Lee's offensive numbers (19.4 points on 55% shooting) and rebounding (11.4 per) are fantastic, but he's a "short" 6'9", and doesn't play any defense. Should we really consider somebody with 0.3 blocks per game as an all-star center? If so, what's the point of having positions at all in the all-star game?

Ok, let's have it.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bogut should make the all-star team

Wow, only 2 players in the nba average 15,10,2

I agree throw him in, though i can see David Lee or Lopez being put in instead
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

He has a good shot at it, the backup center spot in the east is basically between him and David Lee, could go either way.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think it really matters, but sure, let him in...

"The Bucks are a lot better than everybody thought they would be" is probably a bit of a stretch... they are an 18-25 team and on the bubble for the lottery...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Trademan
Banned

Trademan has an OK reputation so far

I will cry like a little girl if he does make it.

Aussie love baby
Trademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Bucks are playing well because of the duo of Jennings and Bogut. So I agree Bogut should be invited to the all star game as a reserve, but I have a feeling the Lee will make it instead of him.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
"The Bucks are a lot better than everybody thought they would be" is probably a bit of a stretch... they are an 18-25 team and on the bubble for the lottery...
They are 9th in the east and were predicted to be 14th-15th. All sorts of people predicted Nets above Bucks for instance.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
The Bucks are playing well because of the duo of Jennings and Bogut.
Not because of Jennings. Jennings in November was insanely hot, but ever since that Spurs game early in the season, he's been hurting the team with his 17 shots per game at 35% shooting.

Bogut has been the clear best player, as the key to our very respectable defense, and Luke Ridnour has actually been the next most important guy. Check his numbers.

Jennings is the future we hope, so he starts and gets the green light for the sake of his development.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
They are 9th in the east and were predicted to be 14th-15th. All sorts of people predicted Nets above Bucks for instance.

well, i guess anything that's in the lottery pool to me is a fail... but from your perspective, i see your point.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He should make it but I think it will be Lee the one who gets chosen.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

I would say Milwaukee is getting what they expected from Bougt (still not quite what he's capable of as a #1 pick and his talent)

If anything him being healthy is the surprise along with the play of Jennings, Ilyasova and even Ridnour.

I'm guessing Lee gets the nod as NY is probably exceeding expectations as much as Milwaukee with Lee as their clear best player and more impressive stats... and yes I know NY scores 101 ppg vs. Milwaukee's 99ppg, for a 2% increase and thus inflated stats.

Iverson / Rondo
Wade / JJ
LBJ / J.Smith / G.Wallace
KG / Bosh
Howard / Lee

1 spot for players like:
Pierce, Allen, Bogut, Granger, Rose, Jamison
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

noah? I do think bogut should deserve some consideration.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #13
adamcz
Bucks fan

I guess I just don't see how Lee is a center in the first place. He blocks one shot every three games. He's short. What makes him a center? Can anybody provide me a definition of a center that would include Lee?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2k8
Wow, only 2 players in the nba average 15,10,2

It's a sad state of affairs when it comes to big men. Keep them in the post where they belong, not outside bombing three's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademan
I will cry like a little girl if he does make it.

Aussie love baby

You and me, both.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I guess I just don't see how Lee is a center in the first place. He blocks one shot every three games. He's short. What makes him a center? Can anybody provide me a definition of a center that would include Lee?
I would call someone who plays almost all of their minutes at a certain position, that position.

Besides it's the all-star game.. since when does defense matter?
Rebounding and transition play is much more important.. Lee's speciality.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: