Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
nestea()

Default Official Miami Dolphins (7-9) Off-Season Thread

After a disappointing season where we finished with a losing record and missed the playoffs, we have some needs that have to be taken care of.

Break down:

QB: Henne had a solid season as pretty much a rookie. I expect him to get better next year because he had a lot of great moment where he showed he can play some damn good football and lead his team to victory. Of course he had his bad moments as does every young player but he should limit those next year. White gives us another option at wildcat who can throw and run.

RB: Brown and Cobbs return from injury. We have the best 2 RB's and Cobbs as another guy who can get solid yards while giving the other two a rest. Ricky is probably going to retire after next year so we need to do what we need to do this year. Lousaka Polite was a Probowl snub and was arguably the best FB in the whole league. He is a great blocker and was almost perfect of run of 4th and 1 or 3rd and 1.

WR: Biggest need. Ginn is sh*t. Bess is a nice piece of the puzzle but not a #1 or 2 receiver on a competing team. I like what I saw from Hartline. I hear this guy Brennan Marion is good and he was out this whole year. Camarillo is fine. I think we should give Pat Turner more time than he got this year. It would be smart to go after Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, or maybe Vincent Jackson.

TE: Fasano is decent and I think his spot could easily be taken as starter but he's fine as long as we have a better backup. Maybe a bigger, stronger, TE would be useful. Maybe someone like Leonard Pope or Alge Crumpler would help. Although Haynos was OK he could be replaced.

OL: Starters are very good. but some could get injured like last year, so we need some depth. Garner was solid but that's about it. I died a little every time Joe Berger was in the game. Not much of a need but could be better.

DL: Starks and Langford were great runstoppers and are still young enough to get a whole lot better. Merling seems to do a good job when he gets in the game. Ferguson was having another good year and clogged the inside running lane. Soliai is also a nice NT. Ferguson isn't going to get any better and is coming off a season ending injury. We aren't going to keep him and this is a big need. He is what made the 3-4 effective. I've heard things from Casey Hampton to Vince Wilfork, but those probably won't happen. We could address this need in the draft or FA. Tony Brown would be a nice fit but isn't really a big guy.

LB: Porter is gone. Release him or trade him for nothing but he isn't staying and has said he doesn't want to come back. Re-sign JT because it's always nice to have a smart guy who can play multiple positions. I couldn't believe I saw him in a different jersey 2 years ago. He needs to stay. Cameron Wake had a good number of sacks in limited PT. He needs to get a bigger role. Crowder was solid. Our #2 need is pass defending LB's. Porter blitzed every play. Taylor is too slow. Crowder isn't much of a pass defending guy. Akin Ayodele is trash. We could use our first rounder on Alabama's Rolando McClain. He seems like a guy who could step in on day 1 and be productive.

CB: What a useful '09 Draft. Who who Will Allen would be out for the year. We have a great future at corner. Sean Smith and Vontae Davis were outstanding. Each of them could develop into top corners. Allen comes back and we have little Nate Jones as a backup.

S: Yeremiah Bell had 100 tackles and had a great year and he made the Probowl for the first time. Gibril Wilson wasn't as good as he could have been. He couldn't tackle a 4 year old. I think he will be fine next year. Chris Clemons and Tyrone Culver were excellent backups and Clemons was only a rookie. We are fine here.

K/P: Carpenter only missed 3 FG's all year and two were from around 50 yards. He also replaced Kaeding as the kicker for the Probowl. Brandon Fields showed signs of being a nice punter but he also showed signs of someone who should be looking for a job. We could use an upgrade at P.

KR/PR: Ginn, Bess, and Cobbs didn't even do alright. They were just awful. We need to get someone would can actually run kicks back effectively.

IF we address all of those things we will be a playoff team and could be dangerous. I can't wait for the start of the season.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official Miami Dolphins (7-9) Off-Season Thread

Fins definetly need some better receivers. Ted Ginn has been garbage, I agree. Can't see them going after any big name FO receivers but they could very well draft Dez Bryant or one of the other top receivers in the draft.

Last edited by takeittothehoop : 01-27-2010 at 09:27 PM.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

what pick do the Dolphins have? I doubt Dez falls past 10.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Miami has pick #12. Might have to move up 2 spots to get him. I think they definetly should. WR is such a big need for them. They could trade back a bit and take Damian Williams if they still wanted a WR but didn't want to move up.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm actually more concerned about our TEs than recievers, though we probably should draft a reciever anyway. Fasano is about the most replaceable starter on the team. Between Haynos and Sperry, it seems as if I'm watching the same exact player on the field. They are all so mediocre. If we had a better TE, that would open up the field for our recievers, and also provide a better blocker for our running.

My biggest concern is the defense. If we lose Porter, can Starks, Wake, and a 36 yr old Jason Taylor pick up the slack?

I also have this bad feeling that if Tebow drops to the 12th, the Dolphins will somehow feel they can't pass him up.

Last edited by beasted86 : 01-28-2010 at 01:26 AM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
nestea()

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
I also have this bad feeling that if Tebow drops to the 12th, the Dolphins will somehow feel they can't pass him up.

God, please don't let this happen.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

Miami Heat by 11
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea()
God, please don't let this happen.
I know it's going to happen.

If he drops to the 12th, there's basically no chance they pass on him. These clowns are going to say "Tebow will be great for the Wildcat", and they will draft him.

I honestly don't believe in his perceived "rushing game"
Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
KOLBCTEW
HellMaster

KOLBCTEW has an OK reputation so far

Might not be such a bad pick, I believe Tebow will succeed in the NFL; just has a number of things he needs to work on and he's already shown he's dedicated enough to do it.
Quote:
I honestly don't believe in his perceived "rushing game"
Same thing everyone said when he went to the SEC.
KOLBCTEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

My guess is their first rounder is either Dez Bryant or Dan Williams.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #11
nestea()

Has anyone seen the things they are saying on ESPN insider rumors? They said we might go after Brandon Marshall. They said for Ginn + 2nd round pick.

Maybe Dumervil, Casey Hampton, Anquan Boldin, Vince Wilfork.....many other great players with possibilities.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #12
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea()
Has anyone seen the things they are saying on ESPN insider rumors? They said we might go after Brandon Marshall. They said for Ginn + 2nd round pick.

Maybe Dumervil, Casey Hampton, Anquan Boldin, Vince Wilfork.....many other great players with possibilities.
That would be awesome, but I don't think it's realistic.

How many teams give up 100+ reception 1000+ yrd recievers for essentially a special teams guy/slot reciever?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #13
nestea()

Quote:
That would be awesome, but I don't think it's realistic.

How many teams give up 100+ reception 1000+ yrd recievers for essentially a special teams guy/slot reciever?

Ask ESPN.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #14
nestea()

Ended up getting Brandon Marshall and Dansby. Filled top 2 needs. Good job fins.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

did you hear their gm (or whoever it was) the other day on espn saying that the dolphins will be playing in the superbowl? pretty bold statement if you ask me..
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: