Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-03-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Default Tomorrow @ Denver

They'll be taking a long flight back to denver tonight from LA to get ready for a rested Wolves team. KG's gonna have to come up big though if we're gonna have a chance and he's gonna need some help against the Nuggets frontcourt because they got a ton of talented big men they can throw at him. This is the kind of team that Mike James could come up big against, as I dont see Andre Miller being able to shut him down at all. Hassell has always played Melo tough as well so Ricky Davis will have to stay up in JR Smith's face to prevent him from going off. Nuggets lost a close one in LA tonight and the Wolves had a full days rest so i'll change my original prediction of a Nuggets win to a Wolves win, 91-88.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
They'll be taking a long flight back to denver tonight from LA to get ready for a rested Wolves team. KG's gonna have to come up big though if we're gonna have a chance and he's gonna need some help against the Nuggets frontcourt because they got a ton of talented big men they can throw at him. This is the kind of team that Mike James could come up big against, as I dont see Andre Miller being able to shut him down at all. Hassell has always played Melo tough as well so Ricky Davis will have to stay up in JR Smith's face to prevent him from going off. Nuggets lost a close one in LA tonight and the Wolves had a full days rest so i'll change my original prediction of a Nuggets win to a Wolves win, 91-88.
I like your call, only be cause of the tough loss by the Nuggets. I don't know whether that makes a difference though. It's always a tough bout between these two teams. They are in the same division. I think the Wolves have this one though, I told you guys we will win 7/10 of the first games and I stand by my word. KG will take us there. I've never seen the guy so active ont he floor like a mad man when he's on the floor. The difference between last season and this season is KG can take a rest and our players keep us in the game instead our players blowing a 15 point lead while KG is on the bench. We ready 4 war!
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

doesnt look very good for us at the moment, 77-72, denvers startin to pull away
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
doesnt look very good for us at the moment, 77-72, denvers startin to pull away

tied at 79... spoke too soon.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

someone guard lil boykins!! :rollingeyes:

And Craig Smith is the $hit!!

Last edited by jrt1584 : 11-03-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

about 2 minutes to go & we're up, 109-106... here's where we find out if anything has changed from last year. C'mon!!

Edit: 2-0! 112-109... KG cashed in with 27/15 and got help from a bunch of people tonight, including Smith, Davis, & James. Great win!

Last edited by jrt1584 : 11-03-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

great win, but lets hope they dont get satisfied and lose to portland tommorow
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 07:21 AM   #8
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

no way we do that...this team is not young. we have veteran players all around the board. they've been around long enough to know not to get too cocky. with all the veteran leadership it goes well for our team. I mean a great like Garnett to keep their heads in the game at all times. you have Trenton Hassell who you know will tell you straight up that you have to keep your head straight and not do stupid **** outside of what we really needs to be done. we have the pieces, they've all been down that road. Garnett, Trenton, Davis, James and Blount. Name one player out of that starting roster that hasn't gone down on that long haul through a season. DEFENSIVELY SOUND, OFFENSIVELY EXPLOSIVE AND GOOD FREE THROW SHOOTING. WE HAVE TO STAY WITH THOSE STRENGTHS AND WE'RE NOT THAT BAD OF A REBOUNDING TEAM AS PEOPLE THINK AND COULD MAKE POSSIBLE TRADES BUT IT BETTER BE A SMART ONE IF WE DO ONE. I FEEL LIKE PEOPE DON'T SEE THIS AS A TEAM THAT COULD CONTEND. AND ANOTHER THING, WHEN DID TIM DUNCAN BECOME THE BETTER PLAYER THAN GARNETT?? ****ING RIDICULOUS THERES PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT DUMB ****.

AND ONTOP OF THAT FOYE PLAYED ONLY 8 MINUTES LAST NIGHT, GOD...

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-04-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thats the only thing wrong with this season, Foye's minutes. But were 2-0 so Im fine with it. Craig Smith produced well and thats where we really need help, up front.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #10
04mzwach

Craig Smith has that hook shot and nobody's going to stop that. He could be a legit 15 point scorer this season if what he's shown so far is what it's all about. I love this guy. Maybe not this season though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: