Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation
Default Pistons being bought out?

What's the latest rumors you guys have heard? I was reading the power rankings on ESPN and in the comments, rumors that Detroit is moving to Pittsburgh?!?!?

Please say it isn't so... If this happens, it will be more devastating to me than the days Isiah Thomas or Steve Yzerman retired..........................
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #2
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pistons being bought out?

I freaking hope not. I loathe the Pistons as a Pacers fan, but this would be truly disturbing. Though I wouldn't want to play in Detroit either, yuck. That city is dead.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pittsburgh can't support an NBA team. Most of the credible places (like ESPN) have said there is no way that is more than just a rumor. I would highly doubt Detroit moves. It's not impossible just very unlikely. What we need to hope is the team gets sold to the right owners who are committed to winning. I'm liking some of the new trade rumors going around out there. If any of those come true we could be back in the mix faster than we thought.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

With our attendance history for the last decade, I don't understand someone buying and moving this team. There are other teams that could be had for cheaper that could be moved... especially the Bucks, though I love our "rivalry" to the west.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I freaking hope not. I loathe the Pistons as a Pacers fan, but this would be truly disturbing. Though I wouldn't want to play in Detroit either, yuck. That city is dead.
they play in auburn hills, a suburb 25 miles away from detroit.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
With our attendance history for the last decade, I don't understand someone buying and moving this team. There are other teams that could be had for cheaper that could be moved... especially the Bucks, though I love our "rivalry" to the west.

Attendance has actually been way down. It goes to show that without a winner the fans aren't going to pay the prices. Plus looking back at that run Detroit had they used to practically give away tickets to fill the stands. So if you look at the price they were getting per head it wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the Pistons will go anywhere. I just think the attendance statistic is a little skewed.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: