Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Looking Ahead To The Draft

It's obvious this team is not going to make the playoffs this year. In fact, it looks like we could end up with a fairly good lottery pick, with a very small chance of getting #1 overall (but doubtful). Since we aren't going to win many games this year all we have to look forward to is the trade deadline and the draft, since those are the two ways we are going to get better. We have a nice young group of guys and really aren't that far off from being right in the thick of things. Next season our conference could be the most difficult in the NBA if Lebron resigns in Cleveland and Chicago gets their prime time player. With a trade and a draft pick we could be right in that conversation too. So here are my choices (in order).

John Wall - If there was somehow a miracle and we got that #1 pick we would obviously need to go with John Wall. That's a no brainer. He's an instant game changer and will be an all-star caliber player for years.

Demarcus Cousins - Wall is really the only lock for a PG at the top of the draft. Detroit really needs that big man (it's been years now). I think Cousins will be able to come in and play right away for them.

Cole Aldrich - Again, I'm going Center for this one. Detroit really needs a go to center that can be a core player in their organization for years to come. We have Daye and Villaneuva (for young PF's and no I don't think Maxiell is a guy who is a necessity to this team). We need that other guy next to those two.

Greg Monroe - Yes, another C. This guy will be a late lottery pick though, so if we fall to around 12 this guy will be a good pickup. He's a lefty and has size and upside.

Evan Turner - This is a tough one because we already have 2 shooting guards, and a million SF's. If we make a trade though, this kid is probably right up there with John Wall for my picks. He is an instant game changer and I'd take him over Rip and BG.

Who I don't want Joe D to draft....
Donatas Motiejunas - I don't want another project big man from over seas. Enough said..

Solomon Alabi - See the statement about Donatas Motiejunas.

If we somehow fall out of the lottery.......
I'd probably go with a PG. I like Scottie Reynolds and Greivis Vasquez. The one that is the most interesting to me is Jon Scheyer out of Duke though. A big PG who can pass and read the court well. I also wouldn't mind Kalin Lucas with a later pick. He's a hometown guy and could be solid in the NBA but probably not an immediate impact guy. I think a PG is a pretty solid pick as far as not having to worry if they are going to be a complete bust or not. We are seeing how some of these rookie PG's are coming in the league and producing right away (Jennings, Collison, Curry, etc). Plus we may lose Bynum too.

That's my wish list for right now. Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by dd24 : 02-09-2010 at 02:05 PM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: