Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Cavs Want Rip

I can understand why they would look into getting Rip from us, but the only piece on their roster I would want is Lebron. Obviously there's no way Cleveland trades Lebron. I don't see how they think they could pull this trade off. They're probably offering either a combination of Delonte West and Varejao or maybe just Ilgauskus. I really don't want either but I'd take Ilgauskas just for the expirer if I really had to. It might give us a shot at signing someone like David Lee next year.

Quote:
Several sources said the Cavs have included the Houston Rockets and Detroit Pistons in their conversations, possibly in an attempt to set up three-team deals. The Cavs’ major targets are still believed to be forwards Antawn Jamison and Troy Murphy. But they also have had conversations about shooting guards and the talks with the Pistons could involve Richard Hamilton, who has been made available in recent weeks. — Cleveland Plain Dealer
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Cavs Want Rip

No way the cavs would give AV and delont west for rip hamilton- rip looks like a guy detroit should want to unload for anything- maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see rip having any kind of good trade value- other teams know you'd be lucky to get rid of him- and what more could you want than sending your worst contract to the team in your division that you're trying to chase down? I am biased though, all I think about with rip is I think 2 seasons ago he doesn't even run down the court on the last possesion of a second to last playoff game- standing and crying and acting hurt- his guy doubles the ball and its a loss- and then rip plays the next game- imo if you won't even run down the court and occupy a spot you better really be hurt- he's a *****, I know I wouldn't want him on my team

Last edited by el gringos : 02-13-2010 at 09:14 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cavs Want Rip

Wow, Rip is far better than those two players. Like I said before I wouldn't want those two players for Rip. He is a guy who is capable of putting up over 20ppg. He plays very good defense. There's no way Joe D just gives him away to whoever wants him. That's not what Detroit is trying to do. Everybody tries to take down the value of our guys whenever they are rumored in a trade. People said the same thing about Chauncey. Look how that turned out for Denver. Any team should want Rip.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: