Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Billups for Parker and JAmison?

Should i dump billups for these 2?
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

if u need ur assists no but for any other senario Parker and Jamison is a steal
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaKid
if u need ur assists no but for any other senario Parker and Jamison is a steal
^what he said
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #4
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

billups is way more valuable than jamison. u can argue that parker is not valuable at all (fg and points are his only upside). billups started off slow in the 3's, but those will pick up
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Yes, you bette do that trade

billups for parker is close, throw in jaminson it's a done deal
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRZ66
billups is way more valuable than jamison. u can argue that parker is not valuable at all (fg and points are his only upside). billups started off slow in the 3's, but those will pick up

Is this Smush or Tony? If it's Tony you have to do it. He's hitting almost all of his FT's and he'll still get around 4 assists per game. FG% is obviously good and he'll give you a steal per game, and maybe a three if your lucky. He really isn't THAT much worse than Chauncey (although Billups is better for sure).

I think the big question in these two for ones is who you have to drop. Because if you're recieving two players for one, you're going to have to lose someone else anyways. So my opinion is why not include them in the trade instead. Take this example...

Say someone proposes you a trade where you get Andre Miller and Ron Artest and you give up Jermaine O'Neal. Now, let's say this is a small league, and doing this trade would force you to drop Luol Deng. Now, instead of dropping Deng and recieving no compensation for him, a better option would definately be to offer Deng in the deal to go with Jermaine, and then to get an upgrade on one of the players you're recieving. So you make a counter offer giving up Jermaine and Deng for Artest and Kirk Hinrich, instead of Miller. Now you're giving up the same players, but instead of getting Artest and Miller, you're getting Artest and Hinrich, who definately make a better duo.

Just something to think about.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default re

sorry its tony. Ill go ahead with it.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

But who would you be dropping? Unless you've already done it in which it doesn't matter, but it does make a big difference. You aren't really only losing one player, you're actually losing two. Chauncey and your worst guy.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #9
SRZ66
Local High School Star

chauncey = elite fantasy player. jamison and parker are nowhere near elite, plus you'd have to drop someone....
Old 11-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

i dunno if chauncey is elite....good and better than a lot, sure, but i dont see putting him in the same category as chris paul, KG, Lebron, Marion, et al. i think since jamison shoots the threes (as PF), rebounds, etc AND you get shooting percentage out of parker, i like this trade...but also, i think heed ridonks adivce and look to see who you've gotta drop before you say yes or no, that will be the biggest factor in the trade...i didnt think about that and burned myself a little on a trade already...apparently, patience really is a virtue...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #11
supercybergeek
I airball my layups

supercybergeek has an OK reputation so far

jamison is the valuable one, tony parker is has good games here and there and is solid. But Billups is pretty valuable. All these fantasy questions are usaully more about what you need. But straight up, Billups A- grade, Jamison B+, Parker B-
supercybergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #12
StillAKnickfan
I brick open layups

StillAKnickfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercybergeek
jamison is the valuable one, tony parker is has good games here and there and is solid. But Billups is pretty valuable. All these fantasy questions are usaully more about what you need. But straight up, Billups A- grade, Jamison B+, Parker B-

Billups is a great pg but for those 2 i cant see how you pass that up. Jamison gets underrated every years and every year he puts up solid numbers plus with parker ur lossing some assists but parker will be a solid pg. Your getting a steal no way would I pass this up.
StillAKnickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:15 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

id do it in a sec
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #14
SRZ66
Local High School Star

ill take my previous advice back after lastnight's games :)
*edit* god damn chauncey, hit some ****ing 3's please
Old 11-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #15
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

heh well he certainly did last night against my kings...i would still have done the trade though..once sheed settles down with the refs, i think his threes will become more dangerous...and jamison, still every year is underrated...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: