Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default panathinaikos out!

Panathinaikos are out of the euroleague with 0-4 in the top 16. Barcelona surely with a foot in the next round.
Barcelona had 2 really bad spells in the game,but as soon as they played their game they always looked far better. As soon as Pekovic went out with 5 that was over for Pana. lakovic with those 2 3pts in a row when barca were 11 down and Vazquez with the offensive rebound over Batiste won the game. Barca showed they are champion material for such a comeback in OAKA.Caja laboral wasted a great chance against khimki when they missed 3 out of 4 free throws in the end that would have given them the basket average over the russians. Unicaja as is the norm this year were poor. Clearly prokom and cska through. The group of death will be decided in the end for sure,whatever team wins away will go through.If not it will be basket average. I can see madrid winning in turkey,I hope I am wrong!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

I think PAO will try to get Maroussi through now. If they win at Pionir and lose at OAKA then Maroussi will advance. Even though they both play in the same city (Maroussi) they are not really rivals. Maroussi has always been more like a partner club.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

i think partizan will beat pao and barca will beat maroussi next week.And none of that unsportsmanship will take place.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

by the way Lakas what do you think of Pana going out? you said they would go through for sure and that there was no way that barca would win in OAKA.They need big changes for next year. Nicholas is a player that I don't think is pana material,he is more a player for one of the turkish teams or mayba macabbi,prokom something like that. jasikevicius is way past his best and should maybe think of joining zalgiris for the end of his career. Spanoulis today was poor,but still a great player.Batiste has been superb for pana but he is 33.Fotsis is like Damir Markota only better,but the same in the sense that they are both capable of great games but too often disappear.Haislip doesnt fit pana either, a bit like nicholas.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
i think partizan will beat pao and barca will beat maroussi next week.And none of that unsportsmanship will take place.

Hard for PAO to beat Partizan at Pionir. However, Maroussi can easily beat Barca at OAKA. It's probably 50/50 but Maroussi can definitely beat them.

Obradovic never wants to beat Partizan for obvious reasons. However despite that he always tries to tank those games no way in hell will he want an 0-6 finish. They will have to get 1 win or he will definitely be fired by the club's new owner.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Hard for PAO to beat Partizan at Pionir. However, Maroussi can easily beat Barca at OAKA. It's probably 50/50 but Maroussi can definitely beat them.

Obradovic never wants to beat Partizan for obvious reasons. However despite that he always tries to tank those games no way in hell will he want an 0-6 finish. They will have to get 1 win or he will definitely be fired by the club's new owner.
therefore if they dont beat partizan they will go out to win against maroussi.
How can you say that Maroussi can EASILY beat barca?? that they can beat them? of course! this is basketball and anyone can beat anyone, but to say they can beat them easily! You could argue that barca could beat Maroussi easily having already won in oaka and also having beaten Maroussi easily at home.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
by the way Lakas what do you think of Pana going out? you said they would go through for sure and that there was no way that barca would win in OAKA.They need big changes for next year. Nicholas is a player that I don't think is pana material,he is more a player for one of the turkish teams or mayba macabbi,prokom something like that. jasikevicius is way past his best and should maybe think of joining zalgiris for the end of his career. Spanoulis today was poor,but still a great player.Batiste has been superb for pana but he is 33.Fotsis is like Damir Markota only better,but the same in the sense that they are both capable of great games but too often disappear.Haislip doesnt fit pana either, a bit like nicholas.


Well Obradovic should be fired. He should have been fired in 2008. But the owners love him. However, there is new owner next year. Since there is a new owner I would expect Obradovic will be fired as he should have been 2 years ago.

PAO will win the Greek championship regardless (I really don't even have much doubt at all). Them losing this game just makes it easier and more likely to win the Greek championship.

So because of that I am sure there will be pressure to keep Obradovic. But he should have been fired 2 years ago and now with the new owner I am pretty sure he will be fired after this year. He had the 2nd largest budget 2 years ago and missed the playoffs (with an injured team) but did win the Greek double. Still, he should have been fired then.

Now he has one of the 3 highest budgets (CSKA, Olympiacos, PAO), Olympiacos is obviously the highest and after that is either CSKA or PAO and he will end up missing the playoffs and winning just the Greek championship.

If they go 0-6 in top 16 I am pretty sure he will not return next year. As for the players Jasikevicius will probably retire, but regardless he will not be in the team again. His career is over one way or the other.

Pekovic will go to the NBA. Batiste and Diamantidis will still be with the team I am sure. But they should both take pay cuts as they are both overpaid. Batiste probably would not be re-signed normally but he can get a Greek passport this summer so that increases his value.

Spanoulis IMHO I think he will leave the team and return to the NBA. PAO basketball owners bought into the football club and took it over and now their nephew/son is taking over both the football and basketball clubs next year.

The budget and focus on the basketball club is now about 1/3 of what it was as the football club comes first and a lot more money is being spent on the football club. Also, the new owner really does not like certain players in my opinion and I don't think he likes the coach either. The only reason Spanoulis signed with PAO in the first place was because the owner likes him so much. I don't think he will feel the same with the new owner but who knows.

It's hard to say about Nicholas but I think they might replace him with Zisis. Anyway there is nothing wrong with PAO except for the fact the coach has lost his touch and needs to be replaced. Bartzokas should replace him.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
therefore if they dont beat partizan they will go out to win against maroussi.
How can you say that Maroussi can EASILY beat barca?? that they can beat them? of course! this is basketball and anyone can beat anyone, but to say they can beat them easily! You could argue that barca could beat Maroussi easily having already won in oaka and also having beaten Maroussi easily at home.

Panathinaikos cannot go 0-6 in the top 16 or the coach will be fired. They can't allow a game against Maroussi at the end to decide that since Maroussi is a better club than Partizan and harder to beat.

Therefore, the most logical choice is they will have to try to beat Partizan at Pionir. Granted that is very difficult for any team and Obradovic never wants to beat his own club. But I think it's pretty clear that they would have to win that game.

Because everyone will know if both PAO and Maroussi are eliminated and Maroussi tanks the last game at OAKA so they can get 1 win.

I didn't say Maroussi would easily beat Barca. I said they can and I said the game is 50/50. Meaning it could easily happen. You really need to work on your reading comprehension my friend because I have to explain everything 3 times.

Maroussi is much better than you believe they are. But don't worry you will find out. No one outside of Greece seems to understand Maroussi has always been a major club. You realize they made Euroleague 5 times in like the last 10 years but every time the owner had to forfeit because they could not meet certain requirements?

They are very used to playing at Aris, against PAO, Olympiacos, etc. They are much stronger than people outside of Greece think.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 02-25-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star
 
Nero Tulip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,286
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

They couldn't meet certain requirements?

Anyway it must really suck to be greek these days, my condolecences.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Panathinaikos cannot go 0-6 in the top 16 or the coach will be fired. They can't allow a game against Maroussi at the end to decide that since Maroussi is a better club than Partizan and harder to beat.

Therefore, the most logical choice is they will have to try to beat Partizan at Pionir. Granted that is very difficult for any team and Obradovic never wants to beat his own club. But I think it's pretty clear that they would have to win that game.

Because everyone will know if both PAO and Maroussi are eliminated and Maroussi tanks the last game at OAKA so they can get 1 win.

I didn't say Maroussi would easily beat Barca. I said they can and I said the game is 50/50. Meaning it could easily happen. You really need to work on your reading comprehension my friend because I have to explain everything 3 times.

Maroussi is much better than you believe they are. But don't worry you will find out. No one outside of Greece seems to understand Maroussi has always been a major club. You realize they made Euroleague 5 times in like the last 10 years but every time the owner had to forfeit because they could not meet certain requirements?

They are very used to playing at Aris, against PAO, Olympiacos, etc. They are much stronger than people outside of Greece think.
your words not mine. 'can easily beat barca' I dont need to work on any comprehension. If you'd said maroussi can beat barca, yes i agree.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Hyman
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 404
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Barça will beat Maroussi at least +10 points

I think that the probability of Maroussi winning that match are 10-90%

If the odds give Barcelona an 85% possibility for winning the match, make sure I will bet money for them

IMO Barça are going to win with relative ease both matches they've got left.

Last edited by Hyman : 02-26-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
your words not mine. 'can easily beat barca' I dont need to work on any comprehension. If you'd said maroussi can beat barca, yes i agree.

I'm not discussing with you anymore. You pretend to be nice but you twist words and manipulate just like these other guys.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #13
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
They couldn't meet certain requirements?

Anyway it must really suck to be greek these days, my condolecences.

I am sure Greeks are sad that they can have 2 teams in the top 8, which can also be the same for Spain. I am sure they are heart broken.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
I'm not discussing with you anymore. You pretend to be nice but you twist words and manipulate just like these other guys.
I dont pretend anything. I am not twisting words just quoting your own.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

PAO beat Olympiacos so they clinch home court advantage. No way will Olympiacos win the Greek Championship. That is just some fantasy of Gridner's.
Cups and Euroleague are different because they are mainly a series of 1 game playoffs (except the one round of Euroleague), but a league finals is a 5 game playoff.

Olympiacos isn't as good as PAO and they can't beat them on the road in a 5 game playoff.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy