Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Make it into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and probablyget swept in by the Cavs or the Magic?

OR

Miss out on the playoffs and possibly get lucky in the draft lottery and then possibly pick up a really good rookie?

-I was really excited when it looked like our Bulls were going to be able to nab the 5th or 6th seed in the East. I thought we would have a legitimate chance at upsetting the Hawks or the Celtics (Im assuming that they are going to finish 3rd and 4th) with the way that we had been playing when we were on the good run. Now with the combination of poor play by a few on the team, lack of consistency by a greater part of the team, and injuries we find ourselves in what could turn itself into a struggle to even make it into the playoffs.

In my opinion I would rather make it into the playoffs at all costs regardless of the seeding. It's more games our guys get to play, some more home games, and some more playoff experience for the core guys that will be sticking around (More specifically being Rose, Deng, Gibson, and JJ). Even if it means going up against the Cavs or the Magic. I think our team can get atleast 1 W against those teams.

I will say this though, if we play hard until the end of the season, and don't give up, and just miss out on the playoffs by a game or so by losing a few close games and sigficant injuries then ill be proud of what our team accomplished and know that they could have done better if no injuries had occured or if more help had been brought in. I'll also look at the fact that we would have probably been swept anyway. Who knows what could happen in the draft lottery. Sometimes crazy unexpected things happen.... DROSE for example!! lol But we'll see. We got a real tough rest of the season and a very important Noah out with injury. Just want our team to compete, play hard, and learn from their mistakes. And whatever our record is it is. And if we're in the plyoffs we're in. If not we look forward to the draft.
Most importantly our goal is to be a top team NEXT SEASON and we work n improving our team up until that point and hope the Front Office makes the right moves when it comes to bringing in free agents and making draft picks. Either way its an exciting time to be a BULLS fan!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,684
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Make it into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and probablyget swept in by the Cavs or the Magic?

OR

Miss out on the playoffs and possibly get lucky in the draft lottery and then possibly pick up a really good rookie?

-I was really excited when it looked like our Bulls were going to be able to nab the 5th or 6th seed in the East. I thought we would have a legitimate chance at upsetting the Hawks or the Celtics (Im assuming that they are going to finish 3rd and 4th) with the way that we had been playing when we were on the good run. Now with the combination of poor play by a few on the team, lack of consistency by a greater part of the team, and injuries we find ourselves in what could turn itself into a struggle to even make it into the playoffs.

In my opinion I would rather make it into the playoffs at all costs regardless of the seeding. It's more games our guys get to play, some more home games, and some more playoff experience for the core guys that will be sticking around (More specifically being Rose, Deng, Gibson, and JJ). Even if it means going up against the Cavs or the Magic. I think our team can get atleast 1 W against those teams.

I will say this though, if we play hard until the end of the season, and don't give up, and just miss out on the playoffs by a game or so by losing a few close games and sigficant injuries then ill be proud of what our team accomplished and know that they could have done better if no injuries had occured or if more help had been brought in. I'll also look at the fact that we would have probably been swept anyway. Who knows what could happen in the draft lottery. Sometimes crazy unexpected things happen.... DROSE for example!! lol But we'll see. We got a real tough rest of the season and a very important Noah out with injury. Just want our team to compete, play hard, and learn from their mistakes. And whatever our record is it is. And if we're in the plyoffs we're in. If not we look forward to the draft.
Most importantly our goal is to be a top team NEXT SEASON and we work n improving our team up until that point and hope the Front Office makes the right moves when it comes to bringing in free agents and making draft picks. Either way its an exciting time to be a BULLS fan!
i think alot of what or how the bulls finish this year, will have a huge bearing on key big name FAs signing with us
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,314
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

This draft class is weak. The players that look good, are real NBA gambles at this point, making this question a no brainer.

PLAYOFFS
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,552
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Make it into the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed and probablyget swept in by the Cavs or the Magic?

OR

Miss out on the playoffs and possibly get lucky in the draft lottery and then possibly pick up a really good rookie?

-I was really excited when it looked like our Bulls were going to be able to nab the 5th or 6th seed in the East. I thought we would have a legitimate chance at upsetting the Hawks or the Celtics (Im assuming that they are going to finish 3rd and 4th) with the way that we had been playing when we were on the good run. Now with the combination of poor play by a few on the team, lack of consistency by a greater part of the team, and injuries we find ourselves in what could turn itself into a struggle to even make it into the playoffs.

In my opinion I would rather make it into the playoffs at all costs regardless of the seeding. It's more games our guys get to play, some more home games, and some more playoff experience for the core guys that will be sticking around (More specifically being Rose, Deng, Gibson, and JJ). Even if it means going up against the Cavs or the Magic. I think our team can get atleast 1 W against those teams.

I will say this though, if we play hard until the end of the season, and don't give up, and just miss out on the playoffs by a game or so by losing a few close games and sigficant injuries then ill be proud of what our team accomplished and know that they could have done better if no injuries had occured or if more help had been brought in. I'll also look at the fact that we would have probably been swept anyway. Who knows what could happen in the draft lottery. Sometimes crazy unexpected things happen.... DROSE for example!! lol But we'll see. We got a real tough rest of the season and a very important Noah out with injury. Just want our team to compete, play hard, and learn from their mistakes. And whatever our record is it is. And if we're in the plyoffs we're in. If not we look forward to the draft.
Most importantly our goal is to be a top team NEXT SEASON and we work n improving our team up until that point and hope the Front Office makes the right moves when it comes to bringing in free agents and making draft picks. Either way its an exciting time to be a BULLS fan!
You have been making intelligent/sensible posts and I enjoy reading them etc.
For me, Ill rather see them in the playoffs and COMPETE HARD. If they get swept, so be it for as long as they play the MOST of their abilities, dive for those loose balls, not commit a ton of unforced silly mistakes, bone head plays etc. If they miss open perimeter shots, gets over powered by Lebron or Howard, so be it. I really think those big time free agents are monitoring them if they are competing atleast, worthy to be considered to be their future home. If they give up, play luck luster as if they don't care if they lose, Im pretty sure these guys would rather play ELSEWHERE.
quite frankly, Im really sick and tired of seeing this team suck and then Bulls fans hoping for the league to give them a present a high draft pick then squander them.
They had Elton Brand, then they traded him for Chandler which they traded for PJ Brown. Brown probably saw he had enough and pretended he's done, then got excited again to play for a WORTHY team like Boston.
Bulls get Duhon, then he went to New York.
They get a another HIGH draft pick get Ben Gordon then he's gone to FA.
They get ANOTHER high pick, drafted Aldridge, traded him to Tyrus Thomas, then traded Thomas for who again? Flip Murray?
Its just a matter of time before they lose Kirk.
If they suck 2-3 more years, I would not be surprised if Rose signs with ANOTHER team, now what? oh, maybe next year, they will draft the next Howard or Lebron?
This will NEVER end until they have this winners mentality instead of the Clippers mindset of "oh it's ok to miss the playoffs, we'll get a good draft pick anyway".

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 03-08-2010 at 09:55 PM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 489
methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
i think alot of what or how the bulls finish this year, will have a huge bearing on key big name FAs signing with us

This.

And if they aren't gonna be 5-6 anymore, I want a piece of the Cavs. Might lose to em, but screw em. I want to see them work for it at the hands of our boys.

The only lottery guy who really excites me (in terms of what he would do for this team) is Evan Turner. But moving up and getting Rose was enough of a pipe dream. That shi* don't happen twice. No way they luck out and get to #2 in the lottery.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,684
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
You have been making intelligent/sensible posts and I enjoy reading them etc.
For me, Ill rather see them in the playoffs and COMPETE HARD. If they get swept, so be it for as long as they play the MOST of their abilities, dive for those loose balls, not commit a ton of unforced silly mistakes, bone head plays etc. If they miss open perimeter shots, gets over powered by Lebron or Howard, so be it. I really think those big time free agents are monitoring them if they are competing atleast, worthy to be considered to be their future home. If they give up, play luck luster as if they don't care if they lose, Im pretty sure these guys would rather play ELSEWHERE.
quite frankly, Im really sick and tired of seeing this team suck and then Bulls fans hoping for the league to give them a present a high draft pick then squander them.
They had Elton Brand, then they traded him for Chandler which they traded for PJ Brown. Brown probably saw he had enough and pretended he's done, then got excited again to play for a WORTHY team like Boston.
Bulls get Duhon, then he went to New York.
They get a another HIGH draft pick get Ben Gordon then he's gone to FA.
They get ANOTHER high pick, drafted Aldridge, traded him to Tyrus Thomas, then traded Thomas for who again? Flip Murray?
Its just a matter of time before they lose Kirk.
If they suck 2-3 more years, I would not be surprised if Rose signs with ANOTHER team, now what? oh, maybe next year, they will draft the next Howard or Lebron?
This will NEVER end until they have this winners mentality instead of the Clippers mindset of "oh it's ok to miss the playoffs, we'll get a good draft pick anyway".
great post tam great post
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,684
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
This.

And if they aren't gonna be 5-6 anymore, I want a piece of the Cavs. Might lose to em, but screw em. I want to see them work for it at the hands of our boys.

The only lottery guy who really excites me (in terms of what he would do for this team) is Evan Turner. But moving up and getting Rose was enough of a pipe dream. That shi* don't happen twice. No way they luck out and get to #2 in the lottery.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
This.

And if they aren't gonna be 5-6 anymore, I want a piece of the Cavs. Might lose to em, but screw em. I want to see them work for it at the hands of our boys.

The only lottery guy who really excites me (in terms of what he would do for this team) is Evan Turner. But moving up and getting Rose was enough of a pipe dream. That shi* don't happen twice. No way they luck out and get to #2 in the lottery.

Evan Turner would be awesome, but I agree with what seems is going to be the majority that we must fight to get into the playoffs no matter what seed that ends up being at. We have a good enough team to make it there without question. And I think we have enough character on this team to go out there and compete in a series no matter the opponent. I want to see that fire in DRose's eyes when he decides to try and take over a playoff game and get us the win. I want to see Deng notice that he needs to step up and help Rose in order for us to succeed. I want to see Noah come back and show us everything that we've been missing and give us an extreme boost. Any which way I want to see us in there and want to see our guys play hard, compete, and whatever happens happens. And I also agree with the assumption that possible incoming free agents will look at a playoff team on the verge of taking the next step forward with an addition of a star as something that is extremely appealing and could make the difference in a signing.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

[quote=tamaraw08]You have been making intelligent/sensible posts and I enjoy reading them etc.

Thanks man.

I just try to read everyone's opinions on all the subjects we bring up and then explain how I interpret them and then make my own opinions on what I think.

I enjoy reading your posts as well as well as alot of other people's posts on this forum.

We have alot of good discussions on here.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
Millennium X
Decent playground baller
 
Millennium X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 349
Millennium X is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMillennium X is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
This.

And if they aren't gonna be 5-6 anymore, I want a piece of the Cavs. Might lose to em, but screw em. I want to see them work for it at the hands of our boys.

The only lottery guy who really excites me (in terms of what he would do for this team) is Evan Turner. But moving up and getting Rose was enough of a pipe dream. That shi* don't happen twice. No way they luck out and get to #2 in the lottery.
Lol might lose to them? The Cavs would spank the crap out of our boys and probably sweep them.

They aren't making the playoffs to advance to the 2nd round b/c even if they do make it (which doesn't look likely right now) they'd lose to any of the top 4 teams.
Millennium X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
Millennium X
Decent playground baller
 
Millennium X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 349
Millennium X is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMillennium X is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

the answer is you prefer making the playoffs because realistically the Bulls aren't going to get a good pick. If they get a lottery pick they'll have the 9th best record in the east which is good for nothing.

but not just make the playoffs, since it's on national tv everyone is going to be watching. Just try not to get embarrassed and make it a competitive series. I'm not talking about a 7 game series or anything but something like what Philly did to Detroit when they lost in 6 games.
Millennium X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,314
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Even with Noah out, this team could do some damage in the playoffs. I doubt 2nd round, but I also doubt we would be swept. This team holds back on its capabilities, and its a major reason why we don't have a better record right now. Come playoff time, the shoes will be laced, and 48 minutes will be the minimum level of intensity out of this squad.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
methusala
Serious playground baller
 
methusala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 489
methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium X
Lol might lose to them? The Cavs would spank the crap out of our boys and probably sweep them.

They aren't making the playoffs to advance to the 2nd round b/c even if they do make it (which doesn't look likely right now) they'd lose to any of the top 4 teams.

Well just go ahead and don't watch a single game the rest of the season then. You won't be missed.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
drwax26
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 832
drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

There really isnt a win win with this scenario cause if we get 9th in the east we prolly still wont get a high pick and if we make the playoffs we will prolly get embarassed because we have injuries and are missing a key player with other starters hobbling. So its really just personal preference. From an organizational standpoint its better to make the playoffs cause the team gets money. I personally dont care about this season anymore cause if we are 7 or 8 we will get smacked around. But i wouldnt mind seeing guys like James Johnson and Acie Law get some playing time .
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
aem
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 221
aem has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What would we prefer as Bulls fans?

The Bulls are a different team in the playoffs... Injuries or not I expect them to be there and I expect them to compete HARD.

Nobody (aside from us) believed they'd take Boston to 7 games.

And yeah I know, we had Ben Gordon.. Still, Derrick is a different player and (God Willing) Joakim will be back. Its so hard for me to not believe in them, even when they're struggling.

They have a habit of proving us wrong, time and time again.
aem is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy