Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 03-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
rifleman
I airball my layups

rifleman has an OK reputation so far
Default (Aussies) Foot Locker Elite Classic

Hey,

Have any of you guys heard of this? I was looking at buying Rugby League Tickets, and saw this on the proticket website:

http://www.highstakeshoops.com/

The Foot Locker Elite Classic - High Stakes Hoops is like no previous basketball event in Australia. Eight teams will compete for a minimum total prize pool of $250,000 over a five-day period at the Adelaide Dome. All games will be broadcast live on ONE HD.

Also featuring some other ISH like a "gamebreaker" (4 minutes of 3ptrs worth 4), less timeouts, and apparently Mark Bradtke is gonna be involved, plus other old skoolers.

Anyways, sounds interesting and I'll watch a game or two I think. However, given the lack of funding for NBL (not just this year, but also the occasions when the Newcastle Falcons/Pirates have gotten the boot), I find it amazing that a company will be willing to put $250K prize money on the line, amongst other costs.

C
rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: (Aussies) Foot Locker Elite Classic

I hope to god you didnt buy tickets to that foot locker shit.. I just saw some of it on oneHD...

Aussie bball is shit at best but that "tournament" takes the cake...
Standard 40yo unathletic players, dim lighting, shit court, slow, boring, 3 point love fest...

And a HUUUUUGE crowd of about 100 people

I heard the commentator say it was 10k prize? No way anyone would be retarded enough to put up more than that...

Go to an NRL game u will love it, great atmosphere i go regularly...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: