Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default We have to keep fighting

Another loss tonight. Seeing our starting lineup was devastating to have to deal with, but something that just happened with injuries. No DRose, Deng, Noah, or Hinrich. Our top 4 guys all out. We had to pretty much know that we were going to more than likely lose this one. That's 8 in a row now with Dallas and Cleveland coming up next so we can get ready to make that 10 in a row. Our next win must and hopefully will be against Philadelphia. I know its extremely difficult to show support and have some faith in times like this but we should and we have to. We've discussed in other threads that we would rather make the playoffs no matter what it takes. So let making the playoffs at all costs be our #1 goal for the remainder of the season. Sure, we've been playing horrible as of late and all our main guys are injured but we only have to catch up to atleast Toronto. The raptors have loss 5 in a row and their leader Chris Bosh is questioning his teamates. He's the guy that I want to be our #1 offseason target and if we can make it into the playoffs over his team I think it will definately be something he notices and looks into. #2 goal should be to focus on winning while still having a balance of giving the young guys shots to see what they can do. I like what I saw out of Acie Law tonight. We should try our hardest to pass the Raptors and get that 8th seed. If we miss out so be it, but we can't give up.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We have to keep fighting

Am I the only one that was on the edge of my seat for most of this game?

That was an awesome game, and it really sucks that Pargo made 3 bad turnovers late in the game. I really liked Acie, Pargo, JJ, Hakim in this one. Those guys played their hearts out, and I was really impressed. I didn't think we would have a shot in this game, but we fought and played hard to make it very interesting.

I'm just trying to be optimistic because there is way too much to dislike right now. Still, any Bulls fan has to feel awefully good to see how we handled the single worst line-up situation that we have had since 2002. Props to VDN and the bench warmers for not being cowards and accepting failure. This team is going to go on a rampage once everyone is back, which should be fairly soon.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Another loss tonight. Seeing our starting lineup was devastating to have to deal with, but something that just happened with injuries. No DRose, Deng, Noah, or Hinrich. Our top 4 guys all out. We had to pretty much know that we were going to more than likely lose this one. That's 8 in a row now with Dallas and Cleveland coming up next so we can get ready to make that 10 in a row. Our next win must and hopefully will be against Philadelphia. I know its extremely difficult to show support and have some faith in times like this but we should and we have to. We've discussed in other threads that we would rather make the playoffs no matter what it takes. So let making the playoffs at all costs be our #1 goal for the remainder of the season. Sure, we've been playing horrible as of late and all our main guys are injured but we only have to catch up to atleast Toronto. The raptors have loss 5 in a row and their leader Chris Bosh is questioning his teamates. He's the guy that I want to be our #1 offseason target and if we can make it into the playoffs over his team I think it will definately be something he notices and looks into. #2 goal should be to focus on winning while still having a balance of giving the young guys shots to see what they can do. I like what I saw out of Acie Law tonight. We should try our hardest to pass the Raptors and get that 8th seed. If we miss out so be it, but we can't give up.
Kirk was out too?
Wow, these leaders are showing great fortitude, to be out there fighting for the team at all cost, right?
YOu are so right about Bosh AND other future FA's monitoring this team, see if they have the WILL to fight and compete in times of adversity.
I know some fans really think they are short of talent. Well, I think the otherwise. Noah, Rose, Deng, Kirk and the rooks plusWarrick, these guys can compete if only they have a legit shooter and PF. But not like this. Not when the leaders all of a sudden have this nagging injuries, so bad they couldn't play through it?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kirk was suspended by the league for bumping a ref.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

I thought last nights game was a good one. In the first quarter Acie Law was controlling the tempo. He did a great job last night. Everyone was driving the lane and making some good interior passes. There were also some silly passes made that probably cost us the game. With the guys we have been playing it is a surprise that we were in a position to win against the Heat and Griz. The lack of experience is what cost us both of those games.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All of the Pargo turnovers in crunch time was like a Twilight Zone episode. All it was missing was the eerie tune. With all of the injuries and misfortune, I think this is a Twilight Zone episode. It's funny that Pargo was complaining about playing time, Pargo doesn't even deserve to be in the NBA. He jacks up the most ridiculous shots, and there's no excuse for destroying your teams comeback with three careless turnovers when down by only 4 and 5 points. I'm counting the days until the end of the season to celebrate his contract coming to an end.

It was a well played game and could have easily been won. I really liked the way Acie Law and Flip played. Acie is a hidden gem, I've been wanting him to get some more time. With some playing time I could see him being worthy of being Rose's full-time back-up at the point.

And James Johnson, he's turning into a player. I'm loving that.

All this losing sucks...but go Bulls.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
All of the Pargo turnovers in crunch time was like a Twilight Zone episode. All it was missing was the eerie tune. With all of the injuries and misfortune, I think this is a Twilight Zone episode. It's funny that Pargo was complaining about playing time, Pargo doesn't even deserve to be in the NBA. He jacks up the most ridiculous shots, and there's no excuse for destroying your teams comeback with three careless turnovers when down by only 4 and 5 points. I'm counting the days until the end of the season to celebrate his contract coming to an end.

It was a well played game and could have easily been won. I really liked the way Acie Law and Flip played. Acie is a hidden gem, I've been wanting him to get some more time. With some playing time I could see him being worthy of being Rose's full-time back-up at the point.

At least Toronto is playing just as bad
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

What? I have not seen the last few games...what was that all about?
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

It was tough not having our main guys out there. I couldn't watch the game, but it sucks that this string of bad luck is happening to the Bulls.

We might have to prepare for next year because it's not looking good this year.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

Being a veteran of what atleast 5 years in the league? You have to ask him this question. What are odds that the league will suspend you for bumping a ref?
What's next Brad Miller sits out due to indigestion.
Isn't it ironic that Gibson has been suffering from Plantar Fascitis and he is still playing while Deng and other leaders who gets paid atleast double than his salaries are all "hurt"?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Injuries are something that I won't really comment on. I'm not going to question someone's heart when it comes to being hurt. I want to see competitiveness and fire on the court and the occasional playing through minor injuries. But when it comes to other circumstances that may or may not have different levels of severity I really don't know what goes on. I'm sure the player has some say in the situation but if the medical staff clears them to play I don't think they can just be like "I don't feel like playin tonight so I'm just not going to" But again I'll say I don't know. Can't underestimate the role the medical staff plays in this all
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

Im just wondering if Forman and Paxson have formarlly apologized to Vinny re: supplying him with a player like Pargo. Or if Vinny was the one who told them to get Janerro. Witnessing how other then available shooters like Parker or Jamario Moon shoot so well. Or missing out on teams that were giving up Q Richardson or Rasual Butler etc, makes my stomach sick.
Re: Law and Flip, I would have to see them play atleast 25 games before commenting on their value.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Being a veteran of what atleast 5 years in the league? You have to ask him this question. What are odds that the league will suspend you for bumping a ref?
What's next Brad Miller sits out due to indigestion.
Isn't it ironic that Gibson has been suffering from Plantar Fascitis and he is still playing while Deng and other leaders who gets paid atleast double than his salaries are all "hurt"?

On the other hand, you have to ask what are the repercussions of malingering. Aside from having trainers, doctors, elite health plans, and players all around them that know hooky when they see it, I really doubt the conspiracy theory.

Kirk did let his emotions get the best of him. Being a 5 year vet, and keeping cool for THAT long means a lot more to me, than ref frustrations. Kirk got another TF today. Did you see that? Dirk grabbed him, he had a CLOSED fist and hacked Kirk in the ribs, as he was falling after the loose ball. I'm going to watch and see if Dirk gets away with it, Kirk capped his emotions pretty quick on that play, but not before he got a push in and a technical. Fu**ing refs run this league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: