Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Default Which players should the Bulls consider resigning

Rose, Deng, Noah, Gibson and Johnson are the players that are sure to be on this team next season. So out of the remaining players on this current team which guys would you like to see get resigned. For me Warrick would be a nice piece to hold onto for a couple more years, Acie Law would be another guy that could make big strides in the near future, he hasn't had many opportunities to play in the past, but if he plays similar to how he played against the Grizzlies I'd be more than happy to keep him here as a back up to Rose, the potential is there and he could still become a solid player off the bench, definatley will be a better option than Pargo. If there's one more player I'd consider it would be Miller, but I would like to see what big name free agent they would bring in before deciding on keeping him or not. So a guy like Bosh would definately lessen the need to bring back Miller and Asik would be fine as the next option at center since Bosh and Noah will likely split most of the playing time at center. Hinrich should be traded to free up more cash so that the team will have even more flexibility. Sure I'd like to keep him, but not for what he's being paid and I'm sure there a few teams that wouldn't mind making him their starter.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 03-17-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
drwax26
High School Starter

Default Re: Which players should the Bulls consider resigning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Rose, Deng, Noah, Gibson and Johnson are the players that are sure to be on this team next season. So out of the remaining players on this current team which guys would you like to see get resigned. For me Warrick would be a nice piece to hold onto for a couple more years, Acie Law would be another guy that could make big strides in the near future, he hasn't had many opportunities to play in the past, but if he plays similar to how he played against the Grizzlies I'd be more than happy to keep him here as a back up to Rose, the potential is there and he could still become a solid player off the bench, definatley will be a better option than Pargo. If there's one more player I'd consider it would be Miller, but I would like to see what big name free agent they would bring in before deciding on keeping him or not. So a guy like Bosh would definately lessen the need to bring back Miller and Asik would be fine as the next option at center since Bosh and Noah will likely split most of the playing time at center. Hinrich should be traded to free up more cash so that the team will have even more flexibility. Sure I'd like to keep him, but not for what he's being paid and I'm sure there a few teams that wouldn't mind making him their starter.

I def agree I would also add in flip murray a nice lil spark off the bench. I say Law, Warrick, Murray and like you said trade hinrich and dont bring back Pargo or Brown.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

I agree but I think you guys are underestimating the importance of Kirk. He may not be that great of a player, but he is the glue of the team. You take him out and we will fall apart. It's like taking Billups off of the Nuggets.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Definately trade Kirk Hinrich

Resign Warrick, Law, and Flip.

If Brad will take the vet minimum for one year I'd bring him back too
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Acie Law has shown me enough for me to believe that he can takeover the backup PG position. We can feel a little better about shipping out Kirk. Sure, at first we will miss him and everything he brought to the table but it will prove to be better for us. We desperately need the cap space that he takes up in order to add necessary depth to the bench and to significantly upgade the roster as a whole. DRose is going to play the majority of the game anyway. Acie Law can do a good enough job in the minutes when DRose is resting. Bring back Flip to backup the SG position. We can def use him on the bench. Bring back Warrick to backup the PF position. And Brad Miller to backup Noah. I think Noah and Taj have really taken to him and learned a great deal from him. He's a big body that can always be useful and he is a veteran with a high iq who can mentor our big guys. He can also give us some quality minutes against the bigger oponents around the league.

Keepers: DRose, Deng, Noah, Taj, JJ

Resign: Law, Flip, Warrick, Brad

Bye Bye: Pargo, Devin Brown, Jerome James

Maybe bring back for really really really cheap: Alexander and Richard

Trade: Kirk Hinrich
Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I'd like to see the Bulls re-sign Brad Miller.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
I agree but I think you guys are underestimating the importance of Kirk. He may not be that great of a player, but he is the glue of the team. You take him out and we will fall apart. It's like taking Billups off of the Nuggets.

Hinrich is nothing like Billups its an awful comparison. Billups is a championship caliber PG that can run a team as some of the best in the league and kirk just isnt that guy. The bulls may miss a lil of his toughness(Luol Deng i hope u read this) but as far as defense i think we will still play good team defense. Also, by trading hinrich we can add cap space to provide depth for our team and still have the flexibility to acquire a superstar.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Which players should the Bulls consider resigning

What has Flip Murray shown to make a case for being on this team next year? Shooting under 40% from the field, under 30% for 3-pointers, negligible contributions across the board...he's the 2010 version of Larry Hughes. We can do better for a backup SG.

Warrick and Law should be resigned, and if Miller will take the minimum or near it then bring him back too. He's great for the development of the young bigs, and having a big man that has range is always a good thing.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Flip Murray is shit and we don't need Warrick.
Bring over Omer Asik and try and get a shooting guard.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

I say Acie Law is the only one that should be re-signed. The Bulls will live to regret letting him go. I really like what I see from him everytime he's on the court.

I say keep Acie, focus on the bigger fish in free agency, then trade Deng or Kirk at the trade dead-line to sure up whatever need...the next few years will be fun to watch. I'm not sweating this season at all because the Bulls will look so much different next year.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG

Sorry but that is an awful comparrison, Nuggets don't win anything without billups! Chicago would drop a few games without kirk but nothing in comparrison to Denver.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

I think we should resign Acie and possibly Warrick. Law can really disrupt a team with his penetration. I think if we played Rose and Law at the same time for a few minutes a game this team could really push the tempo. It would be great to watch. Law is also a pretty good shooter. His defense could use work but that is ok.

Warrick just doesn't have consistency. Some nights he looks great and others he looks like he doesn't know where to go or what to do. He has talent but if we sign a stud PF there is no need for him.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Ok then I agree to let Flip go. And maybe bring in Rashard McCants or Von Wafer if they have fully recovered from their injuries and show in their workouts that they are back in game shape. Both guys can be instant offense off the bench and both are good shooters. Both will be looking for that 2nd chance next year and will be coming out to prove that they can still play and get into a rotation in the league and I think both will come out and play well next season. Both would benefit from having DRose and Acie Law penetrating and kicking out to them giving them open looks. Acie Law should definately be brought back as I want Kirk to be traded and then Law can be Rose's backup. If we sign a stating PF then we have Taj at the backup 4 so Warrick wouldn't be needed unless his salary demands are low and he would be nice for depth. I still think Brad has one more decent year in him where he can provide us with some good things and still be a mentor to our young bigs.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

I want to see pargo's charred corpse hanging from the rafters of the UC after this season...
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: