Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Okafor of old a new treat

Quote:
Okafor of old a new treat
SCOTT FOWLER
Noting the sports world:

• The best news for the Charlotte Bobcats this season has to be the re-emergence of big man Emeka Okafor.

Okafor missed about two-thirds of the Bobcats' games last season because of a severe ankle injury -- coach Bernie Bickerstaff calls the lost season Okafor's "sabbatical." Even before getting hurt, Okafor had looked too bulky and had regressed slightly from the superb player who was the NBA Rookie of the Year in 2004-05.

But this season, Okafor has been jumping around as if there were hidden springs in his legs, as one opposing player already has noted. He leads the NBA in blocks (4.33 per game).

In the fourth quarter of Charlotte's upset win against Cleveland and LeBron James Saturday night, Okafor showed his old shooting touch with a couple of soft bank shots. He still gets into foul trouble too often, but his teammates are learning to trust him again.

"We honestly didn't know what to expect," Charlotte's Gerald Wallace said of Okafor. "He'd been gone so long. We didn't know where he wanted the ball or how he would fit in. But it's working out. And I can say this for certain -- we've got our shot-blocker back."

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...s/15947344.htm

Last edited by Timmeh : 11-07-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Okafor will only keep getting better this year, it wouldn't surprise me to see him on the all-star team this year as either a PF or a C.

Also, I edited your post just a bit, the rest of the article was about other things not pertaining to the Cats.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

I've been loving that when we drafted him I expected him to be among the league leaders in shots blocked every year, and that was something that I was dissapointed in. Looks like that shift to the C and the defensive freedom that comes with it has worked wonders.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Huge game for Meka. 28 and 18 with 2 blocks. Not only is he leading the league in blocks (3.75 per) but he's shooting 49% and putting up 17pts and 11rebs. Pretty good start of the year for Meka.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: