Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Billups leaving is looking more and more realistic

At first what seemed like just a rumor is starting to look more real. When Billups was asked whether or not he's going to stay with detroit next year this was his response:

"I'd like to stay here. But you know and I know this is a business. I'm no different than anyone else. I like to be appreciated."

I think that the combination of the disappointment he has in Ben Wallace leaving + the disappointment he's gonna feel if the pistons don't win a championship this year (which they probably won't) will make him want to leave.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

we meet again bokes. yet another thread dooming the pistons eh? i mean... who can get him realistically. he'll be offered anywhere from 14 mil up from us... and the only team that could compete with that would be the bucks, hawks, grizzlies, magic, and bobcats. He could go to one of those places I guess. I don't know I think its a lot more likely he'll stay here than ben was going to stay here.

Last edited by final.wrath : 11-11-2006 at 09:34 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

going to Bucks, Hawks and Griz looks realistic... these teams need a PG... Magics have up and coming star Jameer Nelson and Bobcats have Felton + Knight...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #4
bloomen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bloomen has an OK reputation so far

Billups will stay if we pay him.

JoeD just didn't want to make big ben our highest payed player for 6 ppg.
bloomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stating the obvious means he is going to leave?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I heard Joe D say he was willing to offer Billups way more than the contract they offered Ben. I think Detroit will beat any offer out there and Chauncey will remain a Piston. Joe even went as far to say there wasn't a team rule that said he couldn't go over the cap, although I don't think they would need to to keep him around. It was actually something they talked about on ESPN radio, I can't remember the exact interview though. It was a few weeks ago.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Please send him to the Bobcats.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 AM   #8
dinks101
I hit open layups

dinks101 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Please send him to the Bobcats.
Bobcats dont need him as someone said they have Knight and Felton who have the PG spot locked down
dinks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:32 AM   #9
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

As a cavs fan. Id kill for chauncey. Snow isn't cutting it
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:36 AM   #10
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

if us cavs had chauncy id flip. him n lebron would be awesome. too bad we dnt have enough money unless we can trade hughes for someones expiring contract.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
if us cavs had chauncy id flip. him n lebron would be awesome. too bad we dnt have enough money unless we can trade hughes for someones expiring contract.

Yeah we might be able to make a deal with them. Just us being in the same division wouldn't be too good, that is, IF chauncey were to even leave, which is kidna up in the air right now.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #12
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Billups in a Bucks uniform would be good. Bogut is a good rebounder and an excellent passer who could help create shots for Billups or Redd. Villa would also help with getting those guys the ball.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:34 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

he's playin real good this season... epsecially this month... prehaps because he wants Pistons to pay him more if they re-sign...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #14
dirksaballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dirksaballer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
going to Bucks, Hawks and Griz looks realistic... these teams need a PG... Magics have up and coming star Jameer Nelson and Bobcats have Felton + Knight...
Dirk Terry and Billups can u say nba champs
dirksaballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:50 AM   #15
pmga
I airball my layups

pmga has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world

The Bucks already have Mo Williams who has been playing extremely well lately. The Hawks aren't even contenders or will be soon.
pmga is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: