Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Your favorite single play?

If you had to pick a play or moment that is most memorable to you, or that is your favorite moment from the NFL, what would yours be?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, it would have to be a tie from two plays in one game. The 2002 NFC Championship Game, Buccaneers @ Eagles.

First, it was the 71-yard catch by Joe Jurevicius on third-and-2, with the crowd howling, and with the Bucs' back against the wall. JJ ran a short, 8-yard crossing route, but took it 71 yards. It gave the Bucs life. It reversed momentum. It put the Bucs in control. And it gave life to the Tampa Bay sideline. That play changed the course of the game as the Eagles had basically owned the first quarter.

Then, the second play was when Philadelphia was threatening to pull within 3 points with just 4 minutes left. They had moved the ball to the Bucs 10-yard line. Down by 10 points, McNabb threw a pass intended for wide receiver Antonio Freeman. But Ronde Barber stepped in front of Freeman, after showing a blitz prior to the snap, for the interception and returned it a NFC Title game record 92 yards for a touchdown, pointing at his name on the back of his jersey while shutting down The Vet, and the Bucs punched their ticket to San Diego and a Super Bowl win.

That is my favorite play/moment as a NFL fan. What is yours?

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 04-11-2010 at 11:34 PM.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation
Default Re: Your favorite single play?

Santonio Holmes catch vs the Cardinals... as a Steelers fan I cannot explain how special it was when he made that catch... On first look I saw three defenders and thought it was going to be picked off.. then Holmes brought it down and somehow got his feet in I was so excited and couldn't control how happy I was... But now Im ****ing pissed because Santonio just got traded...

Anyway, here is video of the play, but Im sure everyone has seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOfouSAAkZY
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

You a Rams fan Swaggin916, or is that just your favorite play?

And I've tried erasing those playoffs that year from my memory b/c it SHOULD'VE been my Bucs in the Super Bowl that year. But thanks to that BS call by the refs in the NFCCG on the Bert Emanuel "drop", the Rams were there instead.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:05 AM   #5
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have too many...all from the 90s Cowboys teams...

the Dallas / 49ers rivalry was probably the best the NFL ever got for me...those were the actual Super Bowl games those years...that rivalry was just fantastic...

so many stars on both teams it was ridiculous...so many HOFers

from 1994:

49ers:

-Steve Young
-Jerry Rice
-Ricky Watters
-Dana Stubblefield
-Ken Norton Jr.
-Deion Sanders
-Merton Hanks
-ect

Cowboys:

-Troy Aikman
-Michael Irvin
-Emmitt Smith
-Larry Allen
-Charles Haley
-Jay Novacek
-Darren Woodson
-ect
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas vs. Redskins...WEEK 1

OVERTIME...

3rd and short...(2 yards)

BOMB TO ROCKET FOR THE WIN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eezGFRZtW-8

I was drunk as f*ck that day, and the whole game was a downer for the most part, and nothing sucks more than your team looking like sh*t on week1, because you wait SO LONG for football to finally get here and your hopes are so high...

well that game we were down big time (forget how much but it was alot) and we made a miracle comeback...

not my favorite, but it came to mind...

after that pass, we were all drinking to celebrate, and no longer to drown our sorrows...lol
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Cowboys have produced some really nice plays:

Classic from the choker

Good ol' bonehead Leon Lett

Santana burns the Cowboys twice

I won't make it all about the Cowboys:

"He's running the wrong way."

I always liked Jim Marshall's wrong way run. I liked how he crossed the goal line, casually tossed the ball away and then realized he just completely ****ed up while a player from the other team came up to him and congratulated him on his blunder.

There's a whole lot of catches I could go with, and maybe if I liked the Giants I could give Tyree some love, but I gotta go with:

And, then Riggins' pimpdaddy run in the SB on 4th and 1:

Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=969OaxTLz6M
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

One of my favorite plays as well, even though it wasn't a highly significant game. Dante Hall that year was amazing. Probably the only time a KR was mentioned for MVP votes.

Too bad he never found a team that could use him on offense the way he shouldve been used. He was a beast.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
If you had to pick a play or moment that is most memorable to you, or that is your favorite moment from the NFL, what would yours be?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, it would have to be a tie from two plays in one game. The 2002 NFC Championship Game, Buccaneers @ Eagles.

First, it was the 71-yard catch by Joe Jurevicius on third-and-2, with the crowd howling, and with the Bucs' back against the wall. JJ ran a short, 8-yard crossing route, but took it 71 yards. It gave the Bucs life. It reversed momentum. It put the Bucs in control. And it gave life to the Tampa Bay sideline. That play changed the course of the game as the Eagles had basically owned the first quarter.

Then, the second play was when Philadelphia was threatening to pull within 3 points with just 4 minutes left. They had moved the ball to the Bucs 10-yard line. Down by 10 points, McNabb threw a pass intended for wide receiver Antonio Freeman. But Ronde Barber stepped in front of Freeman, after showing a blitz prior to the snap, for the interception and returned it a NFC Title game record 92 yards for a touchdown, pointing at his name on the back of his jersey while shutting down The Vet, and the Bucs punched their ticket to San Diego and a Super Bowl win.

That is my favorite play/moment as a NFL fan. What is yours?

Back breakers, i remember those plays like yesterday.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #12
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Posterize beat me to it.

My favorite player of all time.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My favorite Eagle plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBknFEbFgtE (wow)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou0CDgm-9pA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FuF85O4Q8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0whDD8oWw&feature=fvw (that's for MK2V1GP, you know Brian Westbrook ran only a 4.57 40 time?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiMtGsFHwA

And moments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSrF81Q8rM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NGCJeYmt0w
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #14
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
My favorite Eagle plays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0whDD8oWw&feature=fvw (that's for MK2V1GP, you know Brian Westbrook ran only a 4.57 40 time?)

Ummm, you DO realize you LOST that game, right???

I see your Westbrook TD from that game, and raise you THE play of the game from that same game:

http://www.bucpower.com/bryant-phi06.wmv

If that video didn't come up for you, here it is again, but longer and poor quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yUbC7Vc4d8

Last edited by MK2V1GP : 04-12-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First one that came to my head. Prolly cause itīs still fresh in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsyn8...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWEzC...eature=related
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: