Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Default Reggie Wayne getting no love from the fans

Theres a poll on ESPN on who the best wide receiver is. And while I voted for Larry Fitzgerald, I thought it was gonna be close between him and Wayne, but to my surprise, the guy only got 7% of the votes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...pollId= 89257
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Reggie Wayne getting no love from the fans

The top 4 WRs are Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson.

Reggie Wayne is probably 5th.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Why would Reggie Wayne get more votes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
The top 4 WRs are Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson.

Reggie Wayne is probably 5th.

I'll take Steve Smith over Reggie Wayne.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I'll take Moss over anyone not named Andre or Fitz...

on another note, I bet stat wise next year Miles Austin rapes every other WR in the league, including Andre...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Steve Smith is on the downhill path of his career. And did you hear what he said earlier this offseason? He flat out said he doesn't want to be a no. 1 WR anymore? That's crazy coming from a player like him. I think he was saying it b/c he's tired of fighting through double teams. So the quote may be taken a bit out of context, but still, you don't hear WRs say they don't want to be "the man" anymore.

Quote:
"I would like a younger guy to come in and take my spot. I don't want to be a No. 1 anymore

And cudos on not bein too much of a homer, prime lol. ;)
Old 04-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Miles' style looked EXREMELY similiar to a prime Terrell Owens last year...

If he blasts everyone out of the water next year like I think he will, It is very possible I will declare him the best WR in the NFL...

he has the size, he has the speed, his hands are a little suspect but still better than Owens...

my homerism my hit a new high this year...I can't wait...
Old 04-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Miles Austin.

Quote:
Steve Smith is on the downhill path of his career. And did you hear what he said earlier this offseason? He flat out said he doesn't want to be a no. 1 WR anymore? That's crazy coming from a player like him. I think he was saying it b/c he's tired of fighting through double teams. So the quote may be taken a bit out of context, but still, you don't hear WRs say they don't want to be "the man" anymore.

Smith on the down? I dunno about that. He's still went in last season dispite his QB being the joke of the century. Production wise i dont know what to expect out of him next seaon moreso dealing with the QB and not his actual game. Reggie Wayne is nice but I dont see why he would be getting more fan love in that poll.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Miles' style looked EXREMELY similiar to a prime Terrell Owens last year...

If he blasts everyone out of the water next year like I think he will, It is very possible I will declare him the best WR in the NFL...

he has the size, he has the speed, his hands are a little suspect but still better than Owens...

my homerism my hit a new high this year...I can't wait...

Until you mentioned it, and I had to look it up, I didn't realize they were both 6'3 and Miles is only 10 lbs lighter than TO. Obviously he's not as ripped or strong as TO, but I didn't ever make the connection as to how "big" Austin is.

While I agree he'll probably be a top 5 WR next year, he's not going to "rape every other WR in the NFL" He's not THAT good. It's rare for one player to be head and shoulders above everyone else at that position.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
northwinds
Banned

I'd vote for the undrafted kid who has caught more balls than anyone else in the league over the past three years.....but he wasn't on the list.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #10
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
I'd vote for the undrafted kid who has caught more balls than anyone else in the league over the past three years.....but he wasn't on the list.
Miles only really started last year, he hasn't caught more passes than everyone else over the last 3 years...

unless you are talking about the 5' 9", 185 lb slot reciever that takes advantage of Moss's presence and is constantly gaurded by LBs...but there is no way you are reffering to him...lol
Old 04-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #11
HisAirness3
Banned

How Randy Moss was 3rd in the poll, though Marshall was quite close is a joke. Randy Moss is clearly and I mean clearly past his prime, it's ridiculous how his reputation is still carrying him.....He's a one-dimensional WR that quits and can't win.

There's a reason why Revis called this loser "a slouch" and If I also recall correctly, he said Wes Welker is a tougher cover than Moss is.

1. AJ
2. Fitz
3. Smith (Panthers)
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Marshall/Wayne

Let's face it, Give Calvin or Smith a decent QB and they'll be dominating the stat-sheet as much as AJ and Fitz are.
Quote:
I'll take Moss over anyone not named Andre or Fitz...

on another note, I bet stat wise next year Miles Austin rapes every other WR in the league, including Andre...
Go ahead, I hope you enjoy losing and I hope you enjoy having a one-dimensional quitter on your team. Because that's exactly what you'll be getting. I'll enjoy winning and having a someone that wants to be out on the field with either Fitz or AJ.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #12
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Steve Smith in 2005 was the most dominant wide receiver in NFL History. Triple teams? Quadruple teams? Quintuple teams?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #13
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
How Randy Moss was 3rd in the poll, though Marshall was quite close is a joke. Randy Moss is clearly and I mean clearly past his prime, it's ridiculous how his reputation is still carrying him.....He's a one-dimensional WR that quits and can't win.

There's a reason why Revis called this loser "a slouch" and If I also recall correctly, he said Wes Welker is a tougher cover than Moss is.

1. AJ
2. Fitz
3. Smith (Panthers)
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Marshall/Wayne

Let's face it, Give Calvin or Smith a decent QB and they'll be dominating the stat-sheet as much as AJ and Fitz are.
Go ahead, I hope you enjoy losing and I hope you enjoy having a one-dimensional quitter on your team. Because that's exactly what you'll be getting. I'll enjoy winning and having a someone that wants to be out on the field with either Fitz or AJ.
wtf are you talking about? Randy Moss led WRs in every stat last year until week 14, the game he supposedly didn't try against Carolina...

Moss STILL finished 5th in yardage dispite that...along with 13 TDs which is tied for 1st!!!

meanwhile Calvin ranked 24th in yardage, and had 5 TDs...and don't blame that on a poor QB, because I can name a ton of WRs that had monster years without a decent QB...like Andre in the past

Terrell Owens had about the same the numbers as Calvin did...WITH THE BILLS!!!

Calvin is a physical freak, no doub, but this past year should have given people a wake up call...at least take him out of the top 5...he doesn't belong right now...
Old 04-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #14
HisAirness3
Banned

Quote:
wtf are you talking about? Randy Moss led WRs in every stat last year until week 14, the game he supposedly didn't try against Carolina...

Moss STILL finished 5th in yardage dispite that...along with 13 TDs which is tied for 1st!!!

meanwhile Calvin ranked 24th in yardage, and had 5 TDs...and don't blame that on a poor QB, because I can name a ton of WRs that had monster years without a decent QB...like Andre in the past

Terrell Owens had about the same the numbers as Calvin did...WITH THE BILLS!!!

Calvin is a physical freak, no doub, but this past year should have given people a wake up call...at least take him out of the top 5...he doesn't belong right now...
So what, you can brag all you want about Moss's stats. The fact that he plays in a team that lives and dies by the pass, an elite QB and Wes Welker may have something to do with that. That's cool, like I said, you can go take Randy Moss, I just hope you enjoy losing because that's what you'll be getting out of him.

Calvin is probably first if we are just talking about potential. You are right that he isn't a proven Top 5, but he probably would be if he were given a semi-decent QB. So maybe he shouldn't be in the Top 5 since he has proven much, but that doesn't put Moss in the top 5, at least to me.

As you can see, I clearly don't like Moss. I did when he was in Minny, but the guy is just a quitter and I don't like quitters. A former basketball teammate of my school was just like Randy, all the talent in the world, but didn't give a shit and then he didn't even play anymore. I don't know about you, but I can't stand those guys.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:41 AM   #15
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
So what, you can brag all you want about Moss's stats. The fact that he plays in a team that lives and dies by the pass, an elite QB and Wes Welker may have something to do with that. That's cool, like I said, you can go take Randy Moss, I just hope you enjoy losing because that's what you'll be getting out of him.

Calvin is probably first if we are just talking about potential. You are right that he isn't a proven Top 5, but he probably would be if he were given a semi-decent QB. So maybe he shouldn't be in the Top 5 since he has proven much, but that doesn't put Moss in the top 5, at least to me.

As you can see, I clearly don't like Moss. I did when he was in Minny, but the guy is just a quitter and I don't like quitters. A former basketball teammate of my school was just like Randy, all the talent in the world, but didn't give a shit and then he didn't even play anymore. I don't know about you, but I can't stand those guys.
I wish he had a better work ethic too but he doesn't...

fact remains, Moss played better than Calvin last year...PERIOD

Welker does good because Moss opens the feild up for him...let's see if little man could ever play the #1 roll...NO WAY.

and Brady was ranked 9th in the NFL...he was still great, but he wasn't even a top 5 QB last year...

"If" Calvin had ect..."...doesn't matter...you could say that about alot of athletes...Andre wasn't on the greatest offense his career...neither was Fitz or Boldin before Warner...

HELL, Roy Williams on the Lions had a year of 1,310 yards, tied with Reggie Wayne for 3rd in the NFL...

WRs can have huge years without a good offense...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: