Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation
Default Leaking basketball valve

Hey guys I have a leaking basketball, I suspect it's from the valve.
It's not a noticeable leak, but after a few days you will notice that the ball has gotten considerably flatter.
Anybody know a site that sells the valve replacement kits? I saw this guide on ebay on how to replace it but the person who write up the guide doesn't even sell the valve changers:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Ball-Repair-...00000007957536

I've seen other guides as well that suggests using fix a flats (for tires) to fix it but those are for holes on the ball itself I believe.

I know I could get a new ball but TF-1000's are expensive where I live and my ball is only around 6-9 months old so if I can avoid paying for another one I will.

Thanks
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Leaking basketball valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Hey guys I have a leaking basketball, I suspect it's from the valve.
It's not a noticeable leak, but after a few days you will notice that the ball has gotten considerably flatter.
Anybody know a site that sells the valve replacement kits? I saw this guide on ebay on how to replace it but the person who write up the guide doesn't even sell the valve changers:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Ball-Repair-...00000007957536

I've seen other guides as well that suggests using fix a flats (for tires) to fix it but those are for holes on the ball itself I believe.

I know I could get a new ball but TF-1000's are expensive where I live and my ball is only around 6-9 months old so if I can avoid paying for another one I will.

Thanks

from that site it looked like the replacement kit was like $35-50, which is around the same price as a new ball.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yea T-1000's are like 30 bucks in Sacramento... considering it's in Cali it's probably more expensive than a lot of other states. T'1000's aren't anywhere near as good as Evolutions's IMO. It's worth the extra 30 bucks.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Wow that's really cheap, about the same as some of the mediocre Nike and Spalding indoor/outdoor balls they sell here...

Even on the eastbay site it's selling for $49.99 US which would be the cheapest place I could find to get it.

Last edited by gyu : 04-19-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
gyu
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
from that site it looked like the replacement kit was like $35-50, which is around the same price as a new ball.
I don't think those are replacement kits on the sides, it doesn't look anything like a valve or anything that would be able to pull out the valve (Like in the instructions).
Old 04-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

You got Sports Authorities where you live? Cus that's where I saw them for 30 bucks.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
gyu
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
You got Sports Authorities where you live? Cus that's where I saw them for 30 bucks.
No, I live in Canada so most of the stores you're familiar with probably aren't even here. There's only 1 place that I know of in my whole city that carries TF's and they're like 60 bucks, I've seen it in a store called 'Sport Chek' before but they were selling it for like 80-90, now they don't carry them anymore and it was just at that one location.

P.S. how much do the Spalding Neverflats sell for in Sac? That's pretty much the most expensive ball you can find in most sporting stores or sporting sections of stores like Wal-Mart where I live, and it goes for about $60 something.
Everything is just so overpriced here!

Last edited by gyu : 04-19-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
No, I live in Canada so most of the stores you're familiar with probably aren't even here. There's only 1 place that I know of in my whole city that carries TF's and they're like 60 bucks, I've seen it in a store called 'Sport Chek' before but they were selling it for like 80-90, now they don't carry them anymore and it was just at that one location.

That's lame dude.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #9
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu

P.S. how much do the Spalding Neverflats sell for in Sac? That's pretty much the most expensive ball you can find in most sporting stores or sporting sections of stores like Wal-Mart where I live, and it goes for about $60 something.
Everything is just so overpriced here!

why not just buy a ball off the internet?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
gyu
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
why not just buy a ball off the internet?
Cheapest I could find online is on www.eastbay.com which is still not that cheap $49.99 US excluding shipping. Like I said my ball is only 6-9 months old so I'd rather not buy another one if I can avoid it. I'd rather put that money towards getting a pair of KD2's and Kobe IV's this summer
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
1manfastbreak
just win

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyu
Cheapest I could find online is on www.eastbay.com which is still not that cheap $49.99 US excluding shipping. Like I said my ball is only 6-9 months old so I'd rather not buy another one if I can avoid it. I'd rather put that money towards getting a pair of KD2's and Kobe IV's this summer

here bruh, TF1000's are sold on all these websites

http://www.sportsauthority.com
http://www.eastbay.com
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com
http://www.dunhamsports.com
http://www.mcsports.com
http:/www.modells.com
http://www.sportchalet.com
http://www.target.com
Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Wow that's amazing dude... yea it's 60 bucks on their site... but it was 30 in the store. Maybe it was mismarked or something. That ball is not worth 60 IMO... but it's worth more than 30 lol.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: