Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation
Default Dwight's lack of post moves

Quote:
TK: Speaking of working hard, you've added a hook shot and some countermoves down low this year. How do you go about adding moves and just getting better down in the post?

DH: I think people have the misconception that you have to have a lot of moves in the post. For a player like myself, it's just one move and a counter on both blocks. I don't have a lot of time to do a lot of moves because of the double teams and how people play me. So the main thing is just finishing in the paint, and playing out of the double team. I've been doing the same thing for a couple years now, and it's just understanding double teams and playing out of them.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba,231358

Opinions?

P.S. not RocketGreatness
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dwight's lack of post moves

Anyone who says Dwight doesn't have post moves now simply hasn't been watching the guy this season. I think it was against the Lakers where he just exploded with a great array of post moves, and he really hasn't looked back since. He's going well with that little baby hook and his jumpers getting better on the block.

I'm not a fan of Howard at all, but to say he has no post moves, or isn't a good post player now, is simply wrong.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Anyone who says Dwight doesn't have post moves now simply hasn't been watching the guy this season. I think it was against the Lakers where he just exploded with a great array of post moves, and he really hasn't looked back since. He's going well with that little baby hook and his jumpers getting better on the block.

I'm not a fan of Howard at all, but to say he has no post moves, or isn't a good post player now, is simply wrong.
Didn't he gets blocked like 4 times till the refs decided to take over? Or we talking about the one the in LA?
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

I agree with Dwight, as long as he's able to get right next to the rim he doesn't need a whole bag of moves.
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah he doesnt need a bag of moves. I appreciate the games he scores 4pts.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected posterPapaya Petee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

4 points 24 rebounds 6 block games? Yeah I appreciate them too.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVVgEUE4or8

proof that dwight has no post moves
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
4 points 24 rebounds 6 block games? Yeah I appreciate them too.

Game 1 vs Charlotte. 5pts 7rbs 9blocks, sure you can bold the 9 blocks if you like.

If Dwight actually worked on his offense he would actually come close to living up to the Superman moniker he so wants. But hey he said he doesnt need but 1 post moves and a couple counters. Like people with more than 1 post moves didnt draw double teams.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've seen Dwight improve with his post moves a little bit this season. However, all his "post moves" were from like 6 ft. and in. He is too easy to defend at this point in his career. If he doesn't get deep position he can't score with his back to the basket and his face-up game is weak.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Anyone who says Dwight doesn't have post moves now simply hasn't been watching the guy this season. I think it was against the Lakers where he just exploded with a great array of post moves, and he really hasn't looked back since. He's going well with that little baby hook and his jumpers getting better on the block. I'm not a fan of Howard at all, but to say he has no post moves, or isn't a good post player now, is simply wrong.

Correct. I have been watching him ever since he came in the league and this year is the first time I've seen any evidence of solid post moves. Not mechanical ones where he decides what he's going to do before he gets the ball. Not off-balance half-assed hooks or weak ass flippers in the paint. I'm talking about solid pivots, going up strong and decisive with half-hooks, that made his scoring seem almost automatic. But I didn't see the playofff game on Saturday, so I'll pay careful attention to the next one to see if Howard didn't fall back on bad habits.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Game 1 vs Charlotte. 5pts 7rbs 9blocks, sure you can bold the 9 blocks if you like.

If Dwight actually worked on his offense he would actually come close to living up to the Superman moniker he so wants. But hey he said he doesnt need but 1 post moves and a couple counters. Like people with more than 1 post moves didnt draw double teams.

Dwight didn't get doubled too much in that game. He simply got into foul trouble early (maybe he was going for the blocks record? I don't know) and wasn't really utilised on offence. He didn't do himself any favours when he got fouled a lot, and missed all his free throws, but it wasn't lack of post moves.

It was Jameer's chucking that got them the big lead, and Jameer's chucking that nearly cost them their lead, he gave Dwight very few chances to score.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #13
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board

Quote:

I appreciate it even more when he scores 5 points and 9 blocks, like Sunday.

A Dwight that isn't scoring is usually a bad sign for the other team, because he tends to over-compensate on defense.

Now a Vince that isn't scoring is something else lol.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:

The Magic would have beaten the Lakers if Howard had a better low post game last year.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
Magic Vinsanity
Local High School Star

Magic Vinsanity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Yeah, he also knocked out 40 points in the deciding game of the ECF last year and averages around 20PPG, but go ahead and point out the 5 point game if it makes your d*ck hard.
Magic Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: