Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default FootballsFuture Forums

Anybody post there? I was checking it out and thinking about creating an account. Looks like some good football talk. It's even got its own forum for baseball, one for basketball, everything. Pretty cool.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: FootballsFuture Forums

yeh im kingtarvaris7 LMAO where's tarvaris though?

best place for football talk online
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I was a member there before I was a member here...

Dooms as well...

I have an accout there but haven't posted there in a while...

they are not very forgiving there and are very quick to ban, I am betting like at least 50% of the posts made in the OTC would cause a ban at FF...

you might do good there, but a poster like GOBB who constantly likes to e-bully would have to change his style up...call someone "stupid" and you will get a warned about it right away...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #4
HisAirness3
Banned

It's a very statstic based website......at least that's the way most people make their argument. Nobody really uses the naked-eye test there, some do, but for the most part you will see a lot of guys using very advanced metric stats. Still the best talk for Football, however it isn't much after that. There off-topic lounge is awfully strict, actually the entire forum is strict in general. I remember there are certain subjects you can't talk about like politics, violence, etc. basically interesting things outside of Sports.

It's a great site for football, but there's no point in posting there about other sports. And as for the off-topic it depends on what you are interested in.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 AM   #5
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/index.php

^^^ I like this place more than FF because they are fun about things...

there is also not only a great Cowboys fan base there, but also a great Eagles fan base...and the Cowboy/Eagle fights are priceless...all the team sections there are pretty active, unlike FF....they also have forums for EVERY sport...and the largest crowd I have seen...

FF is more serious...less fun

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/

^^^ this site I am also a member of, but this site is like 10x more number driven and stat perfectionists than FF is...they are "know it alls" and also that site is extremely fanatsy crazy...they have a section jsut for fantasy...and it is great...

they also have a huge following...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/index.php

^^^ I like this place more than FF because they are fun about things...
that looks like something I'm going to try out. they've got 286 replies on "Eagles acquire Ernie Sims" what's your username on there?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

The Bengals have a great board with an awesome "smack talk" section, where fans of other teams can post.

Although, I borrowed a joke that I heard on here (loved Randy's nickname for Jay Cutler), and got a stern warning from them

http://boards.bengals.com
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I was a member there before I was a member here...

Dooms as well...

I have an accout there but haven't posted there in a while...

they are not very forgiving there and are very quick to ban, I am betting like at least 50% of the posts made in the OTC would cause a ban at FF...

you might do good there, but a poster like GOBB who constantly likes to e-bully would have to change his style up...call someone "stupid" and you will get a warned about it right away...

Sounds like it might be worth checking in to. Sometimes ISH seems like its a waste of time, ESPECIALLY on the NBA Forum with all the trolls, haters, groupies, etc. It'd be nice for a change where there are some actual rules enforced. I know a lot of people here just like to pick at anything and ***** and moan about anything. But that's not me.

The only other board I'm active in is the Tampa Bay Bucs bulletin board. How do you guys have so much time to be posting on numerous places? I spend all my time on here and the TBBBB and that pretty much is enough for me lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Its pretty much the ISH of football imo. Very active team forums. They are strict tho so if you complain about a thread, say a thread is stupid (even if it is), insult, bash others? They have mods who patrol threads constantly giving warnings, editing posts. Even something like posting links to articles or articles themselves you gotta be careful. There are rules they stick at the top of each section but I never read them. Just saw people get stuff edited.

I dont post much in other isolated team forums nor do i venture into the other NFL subforums they have. Mainly Eagles or a team that the Eagles made a trade with where you ask about the player Eagles aquired.

Basketball and Baseball forums? Its mostly "Team" threads and isolated topic threads here and there. They're ok, the Phillies folks are cool. Couple of regulars who are active. Sixers is pretty much dead. There isnt much active talks as you would think there. But its a football messageboard so thats where the main chatter is done. So if you wanna talk football, that is the place. Everything else is no different than here imo. Unless you want to read other peoples thoughts/opinions in different words.

Like I said i check out the Eagles forum and Sixers thread, Phillies thread here and there.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Sounds like it might be worth checking in to. Sometimes ISH seems like its a waste of time, ESPECIALLY on the NBA Forum with all the trolls, haters, groupies, etc. It'd be nice for a change where there are some actual rules enforced. I know a lot of people here just like to pick at anything and ***** and moan about anything. But that's not me.

The only other board I'm active in is the Tampa Bay Bucs bulletin board. How do you guys have so much time to be posting on numerous places? I spend all my time on here and the TBBBB and that pretty much is enough for me lol.

Say you've read the new threads/replies here in the football section. You could leave here and go to that TB bullentin board you frequent. If nothing is said there new? Go to footballfutures and lurk the TB Bucs forum and see whats being said. Kinda how I do it. I'm most active here and not as much as I used to be. But other msgboards I'm in and out depending if an interesting thread or two catches my attention.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Say you've read the new threads/replies here in the football section. You could leave here and go to that TB bullentin board you frequent. If nothing is said there new? Go to footballfutures and lurk the TB Bucs forum and see whats being said. Kinda how I do it. I'm most active here and not as much as I used to be. But other msgboards I'm in and out depending if an interesting thread or two catches my attention.

True. True. No way could I spend as much time on a new one as I do here or the TBBBB. Wouldn't hurt to have an alternate though. Solid point GOBB
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
jazz873
College star

I post in there during the football season. That pro sports daily place looks interesting
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
I post in there during the football season. That pro sports daily place looks interesting
Yeah it does. I'm looking for something a little more grownup where I can just talk sports, and then I can just pop in to ISH here and there. Just looking at the forum they had over 1,000 replies to a 3 game Phillies/Marlins series thread, theres Sixers threads that are active with 3+ pages of replies to the topics, and their Eagles forum is jumpin. My discussions here about Philly sports are limited to GOBB and about 3 others. I'll probably be making an account here soon. Primetime is your account name the same there?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 PM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Yeah it does. I'm looking for something a little more grownup where I can just talk sports, and then I can just pop in to ISH here and there. Just looking at the forum they had over 1,000 replies to a 3 game Phillies/Marlins series thread, theres Sixers threads that are active with 3+ pages of replies to the topics, and their Eagles forum is jumpin. My discussions here about Philly sports are limited to GOBB and about 3 others. I'll probably be making an account here soon. Primetime is your account name the same there?
umm it used to be...

I am currently sharing Doomsday Dallas' account there, my -PRIMETIME- account was banned...

you know how I mentioned that the Dallas/Philly fued in that forum is priceless?...Yeah I could take that stuff a bit far at times...

I am a legend there though...

if you see Dallas fans with these sigs:

they are everywhere...I made them all

prosportsdaily is the best forum I have found for NFL, but that just might be me because the Philly and Dallas fan bases there are so huge...and the team forums are very active...

I need to make a new account though, I will do that before the season starts...

but right now I do post every now and then under the name "Doomsday Dallas"...

psst...*whispers*

PSD also probably has a better basketball section than this place does...

*quit whisper*

The reason I like it here so much is because I never have to worry about a ban...and I know everyone I am dealing with...at PSD I knwo alot of the posters too, but there are just so many sports fans running around that b*tch that it is impossible to know everyone in a thread...
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Alright I just made an account there "StateProperty" with this avy:

so I'll check for you. I really like it from what I've seen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: