Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default help with fouls

Was playing today vs some friends so its 3 on3. im probably the best there and its half court so whenever i drive in, everyone collapses on me. but theres always 1 guy that just lowers his shoulder into me when ever i go in, and the first time i got hit in the jaw pretty bad. it was called a travelling so cause ppl said he "didnt move". well it happened again, but not as bad this time but it still hurt, so i had to settle for floaters. Is lowering your shoulder into someone, but standing still a foul?
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: help with fouls

It is, in order for it to be a offensive foul a defender has to be stationary with 2 feet on the floor and squared up.

If the guy does not have his shoulders squared and is leaning into you it's an easy blocking foul.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It doesnt matter if he is standing still, he still cant throw his shoulder into you.

Basically it depends on whether he is throwing his shoulder forward to knock you off balance or really just standing there 100% stationary.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yea man easy foul.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #5
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way

ill make sure next time, i hate when people play cheap, next time he drives in im gonna nudge by shoulder right into him and take him out
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
yellownpurple
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yellownpurple has not been impressing people

Hey I also have a question about fouls:

In what ways are you able to use non-ball arm while driving in? Say if i'm driving in from the right side, can I use my left arm in a L position to block the person guarding me from reaching the ball?

And is there a site that clearly defines these type of technicalities (the NBA site seems too ambiguous for me)

be great if there are some youtube videos also :) group of friends just started to play ball and we don't really know the rules.
yellownpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Yes you can put your arm out there like as long as it remains stiff and you aren't pushing off with it.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: