Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 05-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
sobleski
I brick open layups

sobleski has an OK reputation so far
Default summer 2011

with all the hype goin on this summer and the pacers coming out and saying that there not making moves til after free agency... what are some trades/ free agent pick ups you want to happen during the summer of 2011?

I would like to bring in a physically imposing big such as nenad kristic or kendrick perkins. u?
sobleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: summer 2011

i can tell u who'd i'd like to get rid of, that's for sure.

mikey junior
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't really see Krstic as physically imposing necessarily. You mean THIS summer as far as trades go? If we wait until next summer it's nothing but capspace, Murphy, Foster, Ford, Dunleavy, Tinsley are all off the books so obviously can't be traded.

The 2011 FA class isn't anything special, some nice pieces, but nothing that'll take you from 35 wins to 50 wins or anything. To get a guy to come here I think we'd have to overpay and that'd be terrible. So trading is the only real scenario I see.

I really haven't thought about it a ton, but Murphy for Hinrich straight up is a deal I'd be very happy with. Then maybe a package of expirings and a future pick for Andre Iguodala, but I'm afraid Philly'd want to package a garbage contract with him (and Iggy's deal isn't exactly below market) and I don't know about that. But let's just pretend and say he can be had for expirings and pick/s, Hinrich/Iguodala/Danny/Hansbrough (draft pick, Udoh?)/Hibbert is infinitely better than anything we've seen in years. I really don't think something like that is outside the realm of possibility. Which means it'll never happen.

Anyway, I don't think any of them are getting traded. I really don't. I think they're all allowed to expire, Bird, Morway, and O'Brien are gone, and the team is sold. So we've got just under 12 months or so to come up with what, ~$400mm? I got a hundred on it.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobleski
I would like to bring in a physically imposing big such as nenad kristic or kendrick perkins. u?
kristic doesn't belong in the same sentence as perkins. 2 totally different players. perkins is a true center while kristic is a 7' jumpshooter.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
sobleski
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
kristic doesn't belong in the same sentence as perkins. 2 totally different players. perkins is a true center while kristic is a 7' jumpshooter.

Nenad is still physical just that's not what he prides his game on, unlike perkins.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:18 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobleski
Nenad is still physical just that's not what he prides his game on, unlike perkins.
i think we need to focus on cutting costs and figuring out our pg situation.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
sobleski
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i think we need to focus on cutting costs and figuring out our pg situation.

well we'll have a ton of money to spend along with 2 drafts in between then so hopefully we can get a pg.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: