Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default I fear the Celtics. Someone comfort me. Let's go Lakers.

If it happens, how do you call it? 50-50? Celtics with the advantage?
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board
Default Re: I fear the Celtics. Someone comfort me. Let's go Lakers.

We'll have to see how both series goes. AT this point though the Celtics do look scary.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
rfm767
Local High School Star

rfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayrfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'll comfort you. LAL wins 4-2. Boston Defence is scary though. But its Lakers time !!!!
rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

It will be tough but Lakers are much improved since 2008. Age didn't seem to hurt the Celtics at all though. The Big 3 and Rondo are playing very well.

The addition of Artest is huge for us. He will destroy Pierce. Pau Gasol got owned in 2008 but has since got tougher and own the Celtics hard. Odom was a no-show in 2008 and I think he might show up this time.

Perkins isn't 100%, same situation as Bynum, so both will get limited minutes and be relative non-factors.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #6
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
That picture somehow always makes me
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 AM   #7
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Lakers are better team, would be favorites (again), while Celtics could be exhausted after several difficult series, they arent getting any younger. Still they have mentality "kill or be killed", its their last shot - so who knows, if Big4 shows up they could do 3rd upset in the row, which would be remarkable.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #8
WBynumToTheHole
I hit open layups

WBynumToTheHole has an OK reputation so far

it depends on rondo and bynum
WBynumToTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Well the thing you have to consider about the Lakers being favored that year, was that it was more about recent performance than the actual make up of the team. The Lakers were supposed to struggle through one of the most historically difficult playoff runs ever, while the Celtics would just continue dominating. Before the playoffs, pretty much everyone had the Celtics as the best team. But then the Celtics struggled through the playoffs, while the Lakers appeared to be clicking and breezing by. So while the Lakers were favored, I'm pretty sure the Celtics were always the better team that year.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know that the series would surely go six or seven but the Lakers are very much capable of beating the C's. They match up well. I would be afraid if this was the Celtics from two seasons ago.. however, with the Lakers having a chip on their shoulder against the green and Boston not having the omnipotent D that they had two seasons ago, then I think the Lakers can pull it out.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 AM   #11
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I know that the series would surely go six or seven but the Lakers are very much capable of beating the C's. They match up well. I would be afraid if this was the Celtics from two seasons ago.. however, with the Lakers having a chip on their shoulder against the green and Boston not having the omnipotent D that they had two seasons ago, then I think the Lakers can pull it out.

In my eyes, Boston is playing every bit as they did 2 seasons ago, including on defense. Statwise Boston is the best defensive team. They guard both the perimeter and the interior very well. KG is just as good as he was 2 seasons ago, as is Ray Allen. Pierce seemed to have dropped off, but then he lights up Orlando. Rondo got better.

It's going to be close with the Lakers being the better team IMHO. Lakers are just a lot better than 2 seasons ago, whereas Boston never changed much.

Last edited by cotdt : 05-18-2010 at 04:26 AM.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: