Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Cavaliers exercise Leon Powe option

The Cleveland Cavaliers have exercised the team option on forward Leon Powe, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today from Cleveland Clinic Courts. Per league and team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5940
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cavaliers exercise Leon Powe option

I'm still holding out hope on Leon. If he continues to work, he could be an important piece on a very good team. No one really expected him to make an impact this past season, even the most optimistic fans. Another six months of treatment, rehabilitation, and work on getting his game legs back... You never know.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Way to go Ferry, i hope you got him for cheaper because this aint the way to convince lebron to stay.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly
Way to go Ferry, i hope you got him for cheaper because this aint the way to convince lebron to stay.
Believe it or not, the Cavs will continue to play professional basketball in Cleveland whether LeBron stays or leaves. Moves will continue to be made and life will go on.

Leon has made a remarkable comeback from a near catastrophic injury and he should be lauded for his efforts. I'm glad the Cavs are rewarding him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Believe it or not, the Cavs will continue to play professional basketball in Cleveland whether LeBron stays or leaves. Moves will continue to be made and life will go on.

Leon has made a remarkable comeback from a near catastrophic injury and he should be lauded for his efforts. I'm glad the Cavs are rewarding him.

Thats true. Yeah but this Chump lebron should get out of my town if he continues to make us beg him.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Good decision

With Shaq leaving, and probably Z as well, we need another big man, and Powe can fill in nicely. He could end up seeing ~15 minutes per game the way things are looking right now.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
BallPhunk
It's all Turkododo do!

BallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputationBallPhunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm still holding out hope on Leon. If he continues to work, he could be an important piece on a very good team. No one really expected him to make an impact this past season, even the most optimistic fans. Another six months of treatment, rehabilitation, and work on getting his game legs back... You never know.

I seriously thought he would make a big difference this year if he made it back. His toughness played a big part in Boston winning. Too bad he didn't recover in enough time this year. If LBJ is gone, it won't matter much...
BallPhunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm glad they exercised his option. He was very solid in his come-back in his limited play.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
Derka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbelly

**** if you don't want him, Boston would probably love him back.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I held a candle-light vigil when I heard we weren't going to sign him.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Powe is great hustle guy with a big heart, Cavs are lucky to have him cheap and (hopefully) healthy from now on. Any team would be lucky to have such solid role player.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harison
Powe is great hustle guy with a big heart, Cavs are lucky to have him cheap and (hopefully) healthy from now on. Any team would be lucky to have such solid role player.

Very few people know exactly what's going to happen with this team, but this is a positive move. The story behind the story was that Powe chose Cleveland because of his AAU experience with Lebron. Him signing a contract GUARANTEES nothing about LBJ, but it does give us a player who has an impeccable reputation amongst the league. In addition, I still wonder if Andy and Boobie - good buddies of LBJ - sign long term contracts if they thought LBJ was leaving? I know...I know...they simply took the money and didn't worry about details.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Powe is a good player. I couldn't believe the Celts let him get away, let alone go to a major rival.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
Wicked_1
Great young streetballer

Wicked_1 has an OK reputation so far

i wish him the best of luck! i've been a big fan of his since back in his oakland tech days! you can do nothing but cheer for him! he's a hard work with a rough past and he just wants to succeed! he deserves it all! they should be doing stories on guys like him instead of aroggant and selfish cats in the league!
Wicked_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #15
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Andy Varejao is under long term contract. I think till the 2015 season.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: