Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
forensic91
I airball my layups

Default Naggin Pains/Injuries? Read these articles

If you're like me, you love to play basketball and nothing sucks more though than being injured or having nagging pains interfere with your game. I have a history of terrible knee pains and two grade 2 ankle sprains. Here are a few articles to help you guys out with pains you might have.

Knee
http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/...etproof+Knees/

Mobility (most back knee pains are caused by a lack of mobility):
I highly suggest that if you have pain knee pain you do ankle/hip mobility exercises

http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/...+Eric+Cressey/

Since I've started doing mobility/foam rolling my knee pain has disappeared and my vert jump has actually increased.

Lower Back
I've been lucky and never really experienced lower back pain, but I know a friend who has and it definitely affects his game.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...roof_that_back

Part 1 and 2 are linked in that article you should check those out too.

As a bonus here are a few tips for those wishing to increase their vertical leap:
http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...cal-jumps.html
http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...cal-jumps.html

Vertical Jump+ Workout program:
Furthermore if you are looking for a good workout program you might wanna check out ''Westside for Skinny bastard III'' on defrancos website. I am currently following that program and its awesome:
http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part3.html

Well that is it. As I said previously these articles have definitely helped me improve my mobility and stay pain free.
My mother is a physical therapist/personal trainer so that is probably why I am so interested in this stuff.
Anyway hope all this stuff is useful to you.

Also if any of you guys have some questions I could try maybe ask my mom and try to answer.
forensic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
richi
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Naggin Pains/Injuries? Read these articles

do you know any strengthing excersises for after you have rolled your ankle, mine is still not the same 6 months on, i do balance excersises but hasnt got rid of the niggling pain that is always there
richi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

thanks for the links man. I found the knee one to be particularly helpful.

That naggin pain in your ankle... I have the same thing in my chest,bicep, and knee. It doesn't seem to want to go away. I just started taking a joint supplement (Mega mens joint from GNC). I am going to see how it works for me... has fish oil, glucosomine, and antioxidents which help lubricate the joints. If after 30 days I don't feel better... I will probably drop it and go on something else.. I will let you know how it goes tho.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #4
MannyO
Super Cool E

THIS IS GREAT. I have knee pains and I was wondering will a knee brace stop the knee from hurting everytime I jump or run?
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
jKimmay

i hear you, i just rolled my ankle pretty bad and it hasnt even been 2 weeks. i couldnt imagine what it feels like for 6.
jKimmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
richi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916

That naggin pain in your ankle... I have the same thing in my chest,bicep, and knee. It doesn't seem to want to go away. I just started taking a joint supplement (Mega mens joint from GNC). I am going to see how it works for me... has fish oil, glucosomine, and antioxidents which help lubricate the joints. If after 30 days I don't feel better... I will probably drop it and go on something else.. I will let you know how it goes tho.

i remember reading something about glucosomine like it doesnt start working fully for 2 weeks so best of giving it a few months before u quite on it, really works well for me
richi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #7
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richi
i remember reading something about glucosomine like it doesnt start working fully for 2 weeks so best of giving it a few months before u quite on it, really works well for me

I thought you said your ankle wasn't good tho? Yea I will probably give it a few months tho... 1 month isn't enough time, I know better than that.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #8
forensic91
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by richi
do you know any strengthing excersises for after you have rolled your ankle, mine is still not the same 6 months on, i do balance excersises but hasnt got rid of the niggling pain that is always there

Where exactly is the pain?
And what kinda pain is it(shooting pain, nagging pain)? Is it localized or more spread out? When does it hurt the most? (morning, night, before, after exercise???) Also have you done mobility exercises? I know my ankle was stiff as a rock after my sprain and that is what was causing the pain.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
forensic91
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916

Glucosamine and fish oil have definitely helped me with my injuries good idea.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #10
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic91
Glucosamine and fish oil have definitely helped me with my injuries good idea.

Nice... yea a few days into it I feel a slight bit better (very slight tho) and think it may be helping. I'm just going to keep at it.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
jKimmay

alright see if you can help me out,
i was ballin up at a local court 2 weeks ago and i was shooting over this kid and i landed on his foot, which caused me to roll my ankle. now i wear a compression sleeve every time i ball up, just in case. and it didnt do a whole lot when i rolled my ankle. now the swelling has gone mostly down, but there is something that still bothers me. i cannot point my foot because it feels like the front part of my ankle is restricting it. so running, or jumping is something i cannot do because it forces me to point my foot. even calf raises are hard to do because its so tight. can anyone relate?
jKimmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
mjkittredge

Plantar fasciitis sucks
http://www.plantar-fasciitis.org/
mjkittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
fazzazz1k
"WE DA BESS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkittredge
Plantar fasciitis sucks

Tell me about it It truly sucks....

It took me amost a year for it to completly vanish and now I tape up before playing ball. The taping has helped a great deal. Now I have lower back pains that I just can't get rid of. I guess at 41, I can't ask for much, LOL
fazzazz1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #14
JustinJDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkittredge
Plantar fasciitis sucks
Uh, don't even say that word man. Its a ****ing *****.

I had that shit for about six months man. Got it around Christmas and it just kept coming and leaving and coming and leaving. Just nagging and nagging and nagging, Jesus Christ. It finally started going away right around the beginning of Summer. Thank God, I couldn't stand it any longer.

I feel you Tony Parker. I feel all of ya. Shit isn't fun.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: