Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Pacers home arena issues continue

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6094

The Pacers still have their home arena issues to deal with.

Sounds like a really tough situation, arena contract issues combined with lack of home fan support.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pacers home arena issues continue

so if there's no deal by wednesday, they're done for?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
so if there's no deal by wednesday, they're done for?
No. You've gotta remember after Wednesday is July 1st, meaning the new NBA season begins. They put out that "deadline" around 6 weeks ago because they'd obviously like to start a new season knowing what their financial situation will be like.

I saw a report a few weeks ago that said the CIB offered a 3 year lease plan, CIB picks up the $15mm, gets half of all non-NBA revenue, then after 3 years a new CBA's in place between the league and union and everything's much more clear about what needs to be done with the Fieldhouse. The Pacers walked away from the table. I'm all for playing hardball, but walking away from that is just stupid. I love this franchise, but I'm not about to let them try and hold the city hostage.

I don't care what Bird says, find me a buyer that'll pay $150mm for breaking the lease on top of the cost of the franchise and all the moving costs. It doesn't exist. The team's not moving, not unless they go to court and somehow overturn the lease. If they do that I'll pack their bags.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
sobleski
I brick open layups

sobleski has an OK reputation so far

didnt need a new thread so i'll put it in here, larry's daughter goes to my school and updated her facebook status around 8 oclock saying her dad got offered the job to coach cleveland.
sobleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobleski
didnt need a new thread so i'll put it in here, larry's daughter goes to my school and updated her facebook status around 8 oclock saying her dad got offered the job to coach cleveland.
That's crazy. Can't see him taking it, his back's awful and that's a helluva grind. Plus he'd only do it three years.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
sobleski
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
That's crazy. Can't see him taking it, his back's awful and that's a helluva grind. Plus he'd only do it three years.
ya i cant see him taking it either, he's a pretty reserved guy and going to cleveland would put him in a huge spotlight, if i'm him i'd be content staying in indiana pretty much having free reign over anything i wanted to do
Old 06-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
my wife's cousin is married to the daughter he had in college. he has absolutely nothing to do w/ her.

so the "deadline" isn't really a deadline?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
sobleski
I brick open layups

Quote:
my wife's cousin is married to the daughter he had in college. he has absolutely nothing to do w/ her.

so the "deadline" isn't really a deadline?

I think me being friends with his daughter and her saying he got offered the job is pretty credible.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
I think me being friends with his daughter and her saying he got offered the job is pretty credible.
i didn't say that it wasn't. i'm being serious about my wife's cousin being his 1st daughter's husband. it's the kid he had while being here in my hometown during his college days.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
sobleski
I brick open layups

Quote:
i didn't say that it wasn't. i'm being serious about my wife's cousin being his 1st daughter's husband. it's the kid he had while being here in my hometown during his college days.
haha the daughter i'm talkin about is adopted and lives with them today.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: