Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
Tizzle
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
Default Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

http://www.rufusonfire.com/2010/6/26...th-the?ref=CBS

I like this pick-up...this kid was projected to be a lottery pick by many last year. Could be a nice back-up PG..couldn't hurt;)
Tizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,292
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzle
http://www.rufusonfire.com/2010/6/26...th-the?ref=CBS

I like this pick-up...this kid was projected to be a lottery pick by many last year. Could be a nice back-up PG..couldn't hurt;)

I like that there is a website called "rufus on fire."

Any depth at PG is good at this point.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,883
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Good pickup for Charlotte. Adding a winner like Collins who is at the same time a talented PG can't hurt the Bobcats at all.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
bballer
King of ISH
 
bballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,365
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

I'm not so sure he is big enough to be an effective PG in the NBA. Only time will tell. I know one thing, dude is strong.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

I think this is a sign that if he performs well enough in summer league, either Felts or DJ is gone.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 883
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
I think this is a sign that if he performs well enough in summer league, either Felts or DJ is gone.

The signs have been there long before. I feel almost sure one if not both won't be on the roster starting this season. We don't have the money for Felton and it seems the FO doesn't trust DJ to start. DJ is also one of the few assets we have...so guys like Collins could be auditioning for his spot.

There's no way we bring back Felton unless we dump some salary or MJ has a sudden change of heart about the LT.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
MikeUK
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hastings U.K.
Posts: 348
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

What happens with the tax if we go over for a couple months then back under after a trade. Do we pay the difference over pro-rata for the couple of months or as if we'd been over all year? Do we loose our share of the 'pot' of money shared out. Is there a set date where you count as over or under and before/after that it doesn't matter?

Sorry for the bunch of questions but I could see us signing Felton and then dumping an expiring and DJ for a smaller but longer term contract.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 883
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeUK
What happens with the tax if we go over for a couple months then back under after a trade. Do we pay the difference over pro-rata for the couple of months or as if we'd been over all year? Do we loose our share of the 'pot' of money shared out. Is there a set date where you count as over or under and before/after that it doesn't matter?

Sorry for the bunch of questions but I could see us signing Felton and then dumping an expiring and DJ for a smaller but longer term contract.

The tax is calculated at the end of the season, so you can be over all during the year but then trade for capspace at the deadline (around the 1st/2nd week of February) to still get under.

I've advocated that previously, but up til now the FO sure doesn't seem like they're willing to do that, and after the moves on draft night I can't say that I blame them. Teams were giving away mid 1st picks just to move 2-3 million for space. I do think Chicago got a heckuva deal in moving Hinrich to WAS.

We'll see.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Spectre, as much as it may seem that DJ and Felts may be gone to begin the season, outside of a trade I cannot see LB being okay with two rookies/summer league signees on his team.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 883
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Spectre, as much as it may seem that DJ and Felts may be gone to begin the season, outside of a trade I cannot see LB being okay with two rookies/summer league signees on his team.

I totally agree...that's why I think we'll revisit that Indiana deal and bring in TJ Ford.

Which I hate. Honestly I'm shocked that Larry Brown would be ok with that...but he must be as it almost happened last February.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL
 
onewickedlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 3,194
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
I totally agree...that's why I think we'll revisit that Indiana deal and bring in TJ Ford.

Which I hate. Honestly I'm shocked that Larry Brown would be ok with that...but he must be as it almost happened last February.

Fords stats for the last season aren't terribly impressive but he looks like an all-star compared to Dooling. So let's forget about Keyon. But is Ford better than Felts?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 883
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Fords stats for the last season aren't terribly impressive but he looks like an all-star compared to Dooling. So let's forget about Keyon. But is Ford better than Felts?

No...but we don't gain salary if we trade for him vs. re-signing Felton outright.

Plus MJ has had a long running fascination with the guy. I'm just glad he's only on a 1 year deal.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL
 
onewickedlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 3,194
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

So according to rumors there are 6 teams interested in Felton. I'm sick.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,292
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
So according to rumors there are 6 teams interested in Felton. I'm sick.

I'm thinking Raymond is history.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Default Re: Sherron Collins signs with the Bobcats....

Maybe we can work a S&T with someone and package Chandler for a better, but not as expensive big guy?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:24 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy