Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Official 2010 Vegas Summer League Thread:

Clippers will take part of the National Basketball Association's 2010 Summer League in Vegas once more this season, and this thread will be used for all discussion on the subject
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official 2010 Vegas Summer League Thread:

Roster:
PG - Eric Bledsoe, Willie Warren, Dashaun Wood
SG - Jeremy Richardson, Trey Johnson
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu, Nik Caner-Medley, Ryan Ayers, Marqus Blakely
PF - Sofoklis Schortsanitis, Richard Hendrix
C - DeAndre Jordan, Rod Benson

Schedule:
Monday July 12 VS Wizards @ 7 PM (COX Pavilion)*
Wednesday July 14 VS Bulls @ 5 PM (Cox Pavilion)*
Thursday July 15 VS Trailblazers @ 7 PM (Cox Pavilion)*
Saturday July 17 VS Spurs @ 5 PM (Cox Pavilion)*
Sunday July 18 VS NBA D-League @ 5:30 PM (Thomas & Mack)

*Denotes game will be shown LIVE on NBAtv

Last edited by qrich : 07-07-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

Rod Benson
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #4
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
Rod Benson

toomuchrodbenson dot com
and he also has a yahoo blog go check him out hes MAD BOOM THO

also I really liked Dashaun Wood a couple years ago. Hes a long shot but I wouldnt mind him on our roster. Willie Warren is more of a SG than a PG to me anyways.

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 06-30-2010 at 05:01 AM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

Its Jeremy Richardson I'm going to look out for, dude is a flat out solid scorer and wouldn't be surprised if he made the roster over Warren.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
Richard™
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Richard™ has an OK reputation so far

Willie Warren playing the PG? maybe the Clippers thinking he could play SG/PG Position if he makes the team...
Richard™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Post #2 updated with final roster and noted games which will be live on NBAtv
Old 07-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Summer League Practice Photos

10 of my favorites:

Blake throwing it down!

Warren, Blake & Sofo. Possible future trio?

Sofo in paint against 5 blue jerseys getting the bucket.

Blake setting a pick for Bledsoe, future P&R combo?

DeAndre!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Clippers debut game about to tip off in about 10-15 minutes, I'm sure Darrell is in attendance.

Sterling is in attendance

Quote:
LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling is here at NBA Summer League, waiting for Clips to play John Wall/Wizards.

http://twitter.com/InsideHoops/status/18402644534
Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #10
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far

in case you want to watch it online...

http://atdhe.net/
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #11
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bledsoe is better than i thought. aminu too, but he looks very nervous. too many turnovers especially for bledsoe and deandre.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #12
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far

No offense to anyone, but the way I've seen Sofo's name being thrown around ISH, you would have thought that he was a god. I kind of expected him to be overrated, and after watching him tonight I think I was right. Maybe it was just one game, but the dude seems to be too old to be just coming into the NBA.

Maybe next game will be different? Hope so. And wow besides all the turnovers, it looked like we picked up Bledsoe at 8 and Aminu at 18.
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
qrich
King Heno

Well, game one was a 89-64 thumping at the hands of Young, McGee & Wall's Wizards squad. Pretty bad considering that we have five guys that will more than likely make the roster + Caner-Medley who might. Anyways, here's a recap of the key players:

DeAndre Jordan (9 Points, 3 Rebounds, 5 Fouls, 5 Turnovers, 1 Block 3-7 from Field, 3-10 from FT Line):

DeAndre was the featured player of the game it seemed as the Clippers went to him in the post seemingly every time, but disappointed with his lack of post moves and would just try to throw it down every time, but would get fouled and clank his free throws. Defensively, isn't a pogo stick anymore and took a charge, but still let his counter part in McGee get 12 boards.

Eric Bledsoe (17 Points, 6 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 1 Steal, 10 Turnovers, 6-15 from Field, 5-8 from FT Line):

Bledsoe started the game out really well with quick layups answering Wall's buckets but seemed nervous afterwards as he dribbled the ball off his leg during a few occasions, leading me to have Marko Jaric flashbacks. Besides that, he made some dazzling passes and was pretty good on defense. Looked like a lottery pick based solely off of his debut game, but still needs to work on taking care of the ball and when to make passes.

Al-Farouq Aminu (11 Points, 7 Rebounds, 1 Steal, 4 Fouls, 3 Turnovers, 3-9 from Field, 0-3 from Three, 5-7 from FT Line):

Aminu seemed way too indecisive and nervous on the court and it all probably has to do with the fact that it was his first ever NBA game. Minus a couple of offensive possessions, he didn't seem too sure nor confident on what move to make and hopefully as time passes, he'll get that down. On defense, he was pretty decent, but nothing spectacular. I did like the fact that he crashed the boards though.

Willie Warren (10 Points, 1 Rebound, 1 Assist, 1 Steal, 4 Fouls, 1 Turnover, 4-7 from Field, 1-1 from Three, 1-1 from FT Line):

Early on in the game, Warren was invisible on the court, but it had to do more with the Clippers trying to feature third year player DeAndre Jordan and rookie point guard Eric Bledsoe more than anything. As the game went on, namely in the fourth quarter, Warren stepped his game up on both ends of the court. He hit a three after airballing a long duece, and had a nice steal on a Wizards inbound pass and got a lay-up in.

Sofoklis Schortsanitis (0 Point, 4 Rebounds, 2 Fouls, 3 Turnovers, 0-3 from Field):

Sofo struggled, not sure if it had to do with adjusting to NBA rules or being nervous, but he greatly struggled on the court. His decision making seemed to be off on the offensive end and had a dunk blocked by the rim. Defensively, I was impressed with how agile he is for his size and he seemed to be in the correct spot. So far, I'd prefer Rhino back over him, hell, even Cook.

Nik Caner-Medley (17 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 Steal, 3 Fouls, 3 Turnovers, 4-9 from Field, 3-4 from Three, 6-6 from FT Line):

Besides Blake Griffin, Medley was arguably our best and most consistent player during the 2009 edition of the Vegas Summer League, and played well once again last night against the Wizards squad as he was the leading scorer for the Clippers and showed that he can hit from deep. He played a pretty solid all around game, and I'd love to have him make the squad this season.

Other Notes:
  • I'd like to see Jeremy Richardson get more playing time. Dude is a potent scorer, averaging 18 points on 49.2% shooting from the field and 40.4% from three and 25 points per outing in the D-League.
  • Rod Benson also needs more playing time. Solid big man who can probably get a training camp invite.
  • DeShaun Wood is not a good PG option, let Warren & Bledsoe take care of that aspect.
  • Even though it might be pre-season, but with five players that are/should make the roster (DeAndre, Aminu, Bledsoe, Warren & Sofo), a blowout loss is kind of blah.

Next we have the Chicago Bulls Wednesday evening.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

How has Willie Warren looked in sumemer league?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #15
qrich
King Heno

Facing the Bulls tonight, should be interesting as they have some solid players like James Johnson, Chris Richard, John Lucas III, AJ Oglivy, Joe Alexander, Morris Almond & Matt Bouldin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
How has Willie Warren looked in sumemer league?

Warren struggled through the first 3 quarters of the game against the Wizards because the Clippers wanted to showcase DeAndre and he didn't get many looks. In fact, he was invisible and I thought he forgot how to play but he stepped it up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: