Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
dealer77
I open layup bricks

Default Now that that's out of the way...

what now for the pistons? I've read a couple articles saying the trade market for our players, namely Tayshaun and Rip, would go up after all the free agents picked their destinations.

New York looks like a pretty terrible team, possibly a place where we could pawn off some of our bad contracts for future draft picks, cap space, etc. Minnesota still is a terrible team, and it looks like Al Jefferson is for sale.

What can the pistons pull together to make some moves and right the ship?
dealer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

Default Re: Now that that's out of the way...

Al Jeff would be nice, they would probably trade for RIP and some extras... As much as I would hate to see Rip go cause RIP>>>BG
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Having a great post player like Al and a great defense is the only shot of beating the new super team any time in the next 5 years. We probably can't top them anyways, but we'll have to try. Monroe and Jefferson up front would be a start.
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

I think it's fair to say Rip's days are coming to an end in Detroit. Joe D isn't going to give him away though. The same goes for Tay, though I think there's a decent chance he might stick around. Dumars doesn't trust the young guys to take over the SF position completely. I can't say I blame him because look how that worked out for us last year..... Right now there's just not a lot of available players. We really need a center, because I think Monroe may just be more of a PF. It would have been awesome if Charlotte would have traded us Chandler. There really isn't anybody available at that spot. I guess we just have to go for the best player who becomes available. Any guesses on who that might be though?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
dealer77
I open layup bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
We really need a center, because I think Monroe may just be more of a PF. It would have been awesome if Charlotte would have traded us Chandler. There really isn't anybody available at that spot. I guess we just have to go for the best player who becomes available. Any guesses on who that might be though?

and it's not kwame brown
Old 07-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer77
and it's not kwame brown

Exactly, I get sick of people who say they would want him as a back up because he's so good defensively..... it's like people have never seen him play. We need a center and aren't even looking at bringing him back.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Exactly, I get sick of people who say they would want him as a back up because he's so good defensively..... it's like people have never seen him play. We need a center and aren't even looking at bringing him back.
I agree that I dont want him back on the pistons. Id rather run out maxiell as the backup 5 with some monroe scattered in as well.

that being said, kwame would be a solid rotation big for a team. hes a very consistent rebounder and solid defender, just dont ever pass him the ball. I think the celts should try and pick him up.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I agree that I dont want him back on the pistons. Id rather run out maxiell as the backup 5 with some monroe scattered in as well.

that being said, kwame would be a solid rotation big for a team. hes a very consistent rebounder and solid defender, just dont ever pass him the ball. I think the celts should try and pick him up.

I honestly think the Celtics are better off with Shaq. We know he always shows up for the post season. I actually think KG's game compliments what he does too. Defensively and offensively he is better than Kwame, especially offensively. He's still just too big for guys to deal with. I don't really worry about his personality. Boston/Rivers have done a good job with controlling egos. I think Shaq knows he's getting older too, so he doesn't have the same chip on his shoulder he did 10 years ago. The Celtics could be a very scary team with him.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
I honestly think the Celtics are better off with Shaq. We know he always shows up for the post season. I actually think KG's game compliments what he does too. Defensively and offensively he is better than Kwame, especially offensively. He's still just too big for guys to deal with. I don't really worry about his personality. Boston/Rivers have done a good job with controlling egos. I think Shaq knows he's getting older too, so he doesn't have the same chip on his shoulder he did 10 years ago. The Celtics could be a very scary team with him.
sure, but shaq sounds like he might not play unless he gets big bucks.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Nobody is going to pay him big bucks though. He has a choice. Either take close to the vets minimum or retire. He's not getting the full MLE from a team and certainly not the 8 million that was being reported that he wanted.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #11
el gringos
Great college starter

Rip for eddy curry is the big trade you are waiting for
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #12
dd24
College superstar

Haha, please no
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
dealer77
I open layup bricks

i'm still disapointed that we didn't get in on the tyson chandler deal. why that didn't happen, i'll never understand
Old 07-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #14
el gringos
Great college starter

The center to go after is Fesenko- he would be a perfect compliment to the skilled group of monroe/villenueva/jerebko/daye- huge, physical, and imo a lot better than many think
----
He is a rfa w jazz- could any s+t be made- I would "overpay" and get him a 5 year 30 mill frontloaded deal and think that could turn out a great gamble
----
Or trade for krstic
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
The center to go after is Fesenko- he would be a perfect compliment to the skilled group of monroe/villenueva/jerebko/daye- huge, physical, and imo a lot better than many think
----
He is a rfa w jazz- could any s+t be made- I would "overpay" and get him a 5 year 30 mill frontloaded deal and think that could turn out a great gamble
----
Or trade for krstic
yeah, I like kyrlo but we would have to really overpay him to get him away from the jazz. full MLE for him? That seems really excessive. Id rather get etan thomas for 2mil/1year and platoon him and wallace and max at the 5 for a year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: