Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
spursdynasty420
Banned
 
spursdynasty420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,982
Default keep sleeping on the spurs

11 Straight 50 win seasons so what makes you ish morons think there wont be another 50 win season after 11 straight?? ooo the old arguement?? cant use the old arguement anymore because we are younger then ever.. so what will the excuse this year be?? I had to make this thread because there is still ISH rejects thinking the spurs are absolutely done and old. morons keep sleepin on them another 50+ win season is coming to a tv near you.

2009-10 San Antonio 50 32 .610 2nd Southwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis

2008-09 San Antonio 54 28 .659 1st Southwest Division 1 4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2007-08 San Antonio 56 26 .683 2nd Southwest Division 9 8 .529 Lost West Conf Finals
2006-07 San Antonio 58 24 .707 2nd Southwest Division 16 4 .800 Won NBA Finals
2005-06 San Antonio 63 19 768 1st Southwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Semis
2004-05 San Antonio 59 23 .720 1st Southwest Division 16 7 .696 Won NBA Finals
2003-04 San Antonio 57 25 .695 2nd Midwest Division 6 4 .600 Lost West Conf Semis
2002-03 San Antonio 60 22 .732 1st Midwest Division 16 9 .640 Won NBA Finals
2001-02 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis
2000-01 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Finals
1999-00 San Antonio 53 29 .646 2nd Midwest Division 1 3 .250 Lost West Conf 1st Rd


The true BIG 3 are out for blood this year.
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
indiefan24
Banned
 
indiefan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 1,763
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
11 Straight 50 win seasons so what makes you ish morons think there wont be another 50 win season after 11 straight?? ooo the old arguement?? cant use the old arguement anymore because we are younger then ever.. so what will the excuse this year be?? I had to make this thread because there is still ISH rejects thinking the spurs are absolutely done and old. morons keep sleepin on them another 50+ win season is coming to a tv near you.

2009-10 San Antonio 50 32 .610 2nd Southwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis

2008-09 San Antonio 54 28 .659 1st Southwest Division 1 4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2007-08 San Antonio 56 26 .683 2nd Southwest Division 9 8 .529 Lost West Conf Finals
2006-07 San Antonio 58 24 .707 2nd Southwest Division 16 4 .800 Won NBA Finals
2005-06 San Antonio 63 19 768 1st Southwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Semis
2004-05 San Antonio 59 23 .720 1st Southwest Division 16 7 .696 Won NBA Finals
2003-04 San Antonio 57 25 .695 2nd Midwest Division 6 4 .600 Lost West Conf Semis
2002-03 San Antonio 60 22 .732 1st Midwest Division 16 9 .640 Won NBA Finals
2001-02 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 4 6 .400 Lost West Conf Semis
2000-01 San Antonio 58 24 .707 1st Midwest Division 7 6 .538 Lost West Conf Finals
1999-00 San Antonio 53 29 .646 2nd Midwest Division 1 3 .250 Lost West Conf 1st Rd


The true BIG 3 are out for blood this year.

420...how appropriate
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,810
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

i hope you are correct, the more the merrier.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
AK47DR91
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

As long as they have Timmy, they're always a threat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Bodin
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Posts: 543
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

I am in a coma.
Bodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Braincells
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 200
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

I lost faith in Duncan when he allowed the Suns to sweep his team.
Braincells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
game3524
Local High School Star
 
game3524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,668
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

They are done.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
824
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan24
420...how appropriate

What's 420 have to do with anything? Just call him stupid and don't make yourself look stupid too.

Does anyone even care how many wins the Spurs get? It's not like they are going to do anything beyond the 1st or 2nd round.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
indiefan24
Banned
 
indiefan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 1,763
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 824
What's 420 have to do with anything? Just call him stupid and don't make yourself look stupid too.

Does anyone even care how many wins the Spurs get? It's not like they are going to do anything beyond the 1st or 2nd round.

look up the significance of the number...then come back to me. idiot.
indiefan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #10
SCdac
NBA rookie of the year
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,941
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

They got swept by a Suns team that wasn't exactly championship material themselves, so it's certainly not unreasonable to "sleep" on the Spurs or put their current squad in the right perspective as a team that is no favorite to win it all.

Having said that, I think it's far from "over" for SA personally. At least if over is not making the playoffs, and generally being a losing team with a low ceiling. I don't think their ceiling as a team is that low, they could win 55 and make it to the WCF and that wouldn't surprise me. 50 wins in the west for a struggling team that had a lot of new faces, and some faces leaving mid-season, is pretty good.

The Spurs are slept on every year... then they go on to show they are still somewhat of a force and still a team focused on the bigger picture if not anything (whether they get there or not is a different story, but that's their aim for sure)... I've gotten used to the Spurs not being held in the regard they once were, it's not like the Spurs are exactly the defending champs or anything.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91
As long as they have Timmy, they're always a threat.

No lol. Timmy D probably isn't even the best player on the team anymore... and Parker due to injuries had a really off year and Ginobli doesn't seem to be quite the same either. That's your core right there... doesn't matter if you have a bunch of young guys.... a lot of teams have a bunch of good young talent. I have faith that Pop can develop them well... but you only get a player like Duncan once a generation.... I mean you can't just pull ships out of your ass with anyone. Now that Duncan is really no longer a threat, the Spurs are done winning ships for a while.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
OmniStrife
Suns to rise again!
 
OmniStrife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Planet ORNG
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
SCdac
NBA rookie of the year
 
SCdac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,941
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWGXKA0I_Q
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #14
Torious
Great young streetballer
 
Torious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 541
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

will do, thanks
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #15
spursdynasty420
Banned
 
spursdynasty420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,982
Default Re: keep sleeping on the spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife


you better just hope the suns even make the playoffs this year. how do you think a spurs vs suns outcome would fair without amare?? LOL i cant WAIT
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy