Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Blazers sign Wesley Matthews to offer sheet

They've overpaid for him...

The Portland Trail Blazers announced today they have signed restricted free-agent guard Wesley Matthews to an offer sheet. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

The Utah Jazz will have seven days to match the offer sheet from the day on which they receive it.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
TheCord#20
I hit open layups

TheCord#20 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blazers sign Wesley Matthews to offer sheet

Solid player. Probably over paid him though.
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Luckily the contract is front loaded, so that in the future his contract will be easier to trade compared to if we gave him the same amount of money on a traditional contract.

And here are some of his highlights from last season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8S9JOngLIk
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
TheCord#20
I hit open layups

TheCord#20 has an OK reputation so far

Nice mix. He's a better finisher than I thought.
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

So does this mean the end for Rudy Fernandez as a Blazer??? Anyone have an idea of who would want him in a trade or what we might be able to get for him???
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

I never saw him play... what kind of player is he? You can compare him to who?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2...interview.html

I was kind of dissapointed we spent so much money on him, but he actually sounds like a very postive, level headed player. Glad he's here.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, and humble too. I loved the way he addressed the "overpaid" issue.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Just heard his interview on The Fan.. very well spoken, and like you said, humble.

Hopefully some of his attitude rubs off on Aldridge and the rookies.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 AM   #10
midnight_show
I airball my layups

midnight_show has not been impressing people

Yeh reckon he will be a good back up at SF, with he and Batum we'll have the best defensive SF position in the game.

Take down Lebron, Kobe, Wade and the rest of the bogans.
midnight_show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:40 AM   #11
Myth

I went to the Fanfest today and it was the first time getting to see Wesley play (well, first time paying attention to him when he played, I paid no attention to him when he was on the Jazz). I was really impressed with the skills he demonstrated, especially his D. He was named MVP of the scrimmage, but it was close between him and Bayless (and Roy who was on the losing team).
Old 10-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #12
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I went to the Fanfest today and it was the first time getting to see Wesley play (well, first time paying attention to him when he played, I paid no attention to him when he was on the Jazz). I was really impressed with the skills he demonstrated, especially his D. He was named MVP of the scrimmage, but it was close between him and Bayless (and Roy who was on the losing team).

yep he's a nice defender.
I like a lot our team in terms of defence, guys like Batum, Matthews, Camby, Pryz, Oden and also Miller or Johnson .. this could be a terrific team at the defensive end.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #13
Myth

lol, mentioning Miller shows how deprived we have been for defense from the PG position. He is an upgrade over Blake defensively, but he doesn't play great D. I think he plays average defense for a PG, we just haven't had an average defender at the point in years.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:36 AM   #14
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
lol, mentioning Miller shows how deprived we have been for defense from the PG position. He is an upgrade over Blake defensively, but he doesn't play great D. I think he plays average defense for a PG, we just haven't had an average defender at the point in years.

Yep, that's why i "second level" him lol
Although i think Armon Johnson could be good if he get some minutes, i hope for a Bayless breakout season too.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #15
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Looks like he's doing pretty well so far.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: