Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,523
Default David Andersen traded to Raptors

Honestly, I kinda forgot about him. Should we keep him around?
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: David Andersen

with yao out last season i was happy to have him.

Now our big men depth is solid

C:Yao/Miller/Hayes
F: Scola/Patterson/Hill/Jeffries

andersen is 6'11, played center but is really a power forward. he has a pretty solid shot that can be streched out to the 3. he has an ok post game. he is not a good rebounder or defender.

im sure he's not going to be in houston for long but i think some team will pick him up or if we do a trade he might be packaged in.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 AM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: David Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
with yao out last season i was happy to have him.

Now our big men depth is solid

C:Yao/Miller/Hayes
F: Scola/Patterson/Hill/Jeffries

andersen is 6'11, played center but is really a power forward. he has a pretty solid shot that can be streched out to the 3. he has an ok post game. he is not a good rebounder or defender.

im sure he's not going to be in houston for long but i think some team will pick him up or if we do a trade he might be packaged in.

Yea the games he got hot, he was doing great, but when he has an off game he's terrible. Like you said he mainly needs to get stronger and work on his rebounding because he got tossed around last year.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
YouGotServed
Russia 2018
 
YouGotServed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: H-Town
Posts: 10,409
Default Re: David Andersen

Andersen has a post game but his overall rebounding is just HORRIBLE. He can't box out for shit, and if his jumper is off.....he's pretty much useless. He can shoot the ball but it seems like he never got comfortable with Adelman's system, don't know why. Last season he started great, but then just became a defensive liability...he needs to improve his defensive rebounding big time. I do like the big game he had against the Lakers last season though, he had a good game every now and then.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: David Andersen

yeah he's expendable. i hope we can ship with the Iggy deal.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: David Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
Andersen has a post game but his overall rebounding is just HORRIBLE. He can't box out for shit, and if his jumper is off.....he's pretty much useless. He can shoot the ball but it seems like he never got comfortable with Adelman's system, don't know why. Last season he started great, but then just became a defensive liability...he needs to improve his defensive rebounding big time. I do like the big game he had against the Lakers last season though, he had a good game every now and then.

Yea in pre-season last year Dejuan Blair pushed him around with ease.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: David Andersen

Officially shipped out to Toronto for a 2nd round pick. Good deal.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
mattevans11
National High School Star
 
mattevans11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,344
Default Re: David Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
Officially shipped out to Toronto for a 2nd round pick. Good deal.


am i the only one that would rather have andersen over hayes?
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,649
Default Re: David Andersen

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have acquired centre David Andersen and cash considerations from the Houston Rockets in exchange for a 2015 protected second-round pick obtained from the Los Angeles Clippers as part of the Hassan Adams trade January 7, 2009.
Andersen, a 6-foot-11 native of Carlton, Australia, appeared in 63 games last season for the Rockets, averaging 5.8 points and 3.3 rebounds during his rookie NBA campaign. He posted a career-high 19 points November 15, 2009 against the Los Angeles Lakers and reached double figures in scoring 12 times.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
YouGotServed
Russia 2018
 
YouGotServed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: H-Town
Posts: 10,409
Default Re: David Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
am i the only one that would rather have andersen over hayes?


I think you might be the only one. Andersen's defensive liability was just too much, I rather have Hayes. I know Chuck doesn't have an offensive game but I think as a our 3rd center, he's the better option over Andersen. Hayes doesn't make too many mistakes and sticks to his roll, besides..I like his behind the back passes form the elbow.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #11
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: David Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
am i the only one that would rather have andersen over hayes?

yeah i would rather have hayes. andersen had a poor low post defense and was a poor rebounder. his only asset was his jumpshot. he was more of a liability. hayes on the other hand isn't going to get major minutes but when his number is called, he is a tree stump on defense and he is a solid rebounder, quick hands, and hustles. and andersen has a little hook shot but andersen and hayes' low post scoring is about the same. you can't really say andersen had much low post scoring advantage over hayes... hell hayes has developed decent footwork and moves on the post.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy