Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool
Default Somewhat outlandish prediction: Wade is 3rd highest scorer on Heat next year

I read somewhere someone said that Scottie Pippen could score 8 points and dominate a game.

Does anybody else suspect that Wade might be that type of guy as well? I would not at all be surprised to see Wade be the mature one of this group, the one who facilitates for the others.

Yes he has been a 30/6 player. He's shown that he has the ability to do that. But I don't think that's essentially Wade in the way it is essential for Lebron and Bosh to score 25 points every night. If Lebron or Bosh goes a quarter without a bucket, things start to feel wrong. I don't get that feeling with Wade. I don't see a guy who has anything riding on his scoring. He just does what's needed.

I would not be surprised to see Wade average under 20 next year. Maybe even as low as 16-18 per. I am expecting him to take on the mature Billups role here (while being way more talented than Billups). Being calm and constant no matter how the game seems to be going, giving guys the ball in the right spot, playing league-leading defense for his position.

Wade can score 30 a night, we know this. But high-volume scoring comes much more naturally to Bosh and Lebron does it not? These guys are giants, always quicker than the guy guarding them. Wade always had to work harder than Lebron for his points. Always had to get knocked down a few times a game, 10, 12, 16, at times 20 FTAs to have a 35-40 point night. Lebron doesn't even feel contact. Bosh is a finesse guy.

Anyone else get this feeling? I also think the Heat are best off if this happens. I used to think there was no way Wade would be an all-star level player after 30 the way he had to sacrifice his body on a nightly basis. Either that, or, (perhaps worse), he'd become Rockets T-mac. Last year we also got a hint of what it's like for Wade to hold back. Best, I think, for him to settle into a style of play that suits him and that helps the team out but that allows him to pick his spots.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
Tha Catalyst
High School JV MVP

Tha Catalyst is considered somewhat coolTha Catalyst is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Somewhat outlandish prediction: Wade is 3rd highest scorer on Heat next year

Lebron should really be the one to sacrifice his scoring to concentrate on other parts of his game. Heat will need Wade's scoring in tight games and playoffs.
Tha Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Somewhat outlandish prediction: Wade is 3rd highest scorer on Heat next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
Lebron should really be the one to sacrifice his scoring to concentrate on other parts of his game. Heat will need Wade's scoring in tight games and playoffs.

better.

Or how about, they both just do everything on the floor (great defense they play, passing, their great rebounding etc) and let them go with the hot hand later on in games?

hmm, now there's an idea!!! I bet they easily make the Finals with that formula. What do you think ?
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
LeFraud Shames
Banned

LeFraud Shames has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
better.

Or how about, they both just do everything on the floor (great defense they play, passing, their great rebounding etc) and let them go with the hot hand later on in games?

hmm, now there's an idea!!! I bet they easily make the Finals with that formula. What do you think ?

I bet Hank's uncle touched him when he was younger. What does the rest of ISH think?
LeFraud Shames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Not happening. Wade will peak and lead the league in scoring next year.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
He better put up one more peak year he only has one compared to Lebron and Kobe who have 3 to 4.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
He better put up one more peak year he only has one compared to Lebron and Kobe who have 3 to 4.

That was due to injuries. Imagine if Wade has been healthy the last couple of years. He would have put up insane numbers.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

as much as i love wade there is no way he is leading the league in scoring next yr... probably that guy kevin durant again lol
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
That was due to injuries. Imagine if Wade has been healthy the last couple of years. He would have put up insane numbers.
Yep he would of had similar seasons in 07 and 08 like he did in 09 if he didn't get injured. But there was no excuse last year he was a better player but he came in out of shape, if Wade played hard for the whole season last year the Heat easily could of won 5 to 10 more games. This year i can understand he had to adjust his role, the whole custody thing, a few injuries and still a pretty good year. I'm hoping for a big year next year
Old 06-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #10
Ikill
i be killah swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
as much as i love wade there is no way he is leading the league in scoring next yr... probably that guy kevin durant again lol
Durant put up 28 points Wade could do that but i doubt i think Melo leads the league in scoring.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Boston C's
Local High School Star

Boston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat coolBoston C's is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

What? No...
In fact, the Heat need Wade's scoring. Wade can pass, but LeBron is a natural passer.
I don't see Wade averaging fewer than Bosh.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: