Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
CryinInTheCar
I hit open layups

CryinInTheCar is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default 2010 USA Basketball Showcase Vegas game, July 24

Here are the rosters for Saturday’s USA Basketball Showcase, which will be televised on ESPN2 at 10 p.m. ET…

Blue: Chauncey Billups, Tyreke Evans, Rudy Gay, Jeff Green, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love, O.J. Mayo, JaVale McGee, Rajon Rondo and Russell Westbrook

White: Tyson Chandler, Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Eric Gordon, Danny Granger, Andre Iguodala, Lamar Odom, Derrick Rose and Gerald Wallace.

I think it's going to be a good game.. The blue team has the size with Lopez, Love and McGee, but the white team has the better scorers by far..

Predictions??

I think the Blue team probably wins, as no one on the white team will be able to stop Brook Lopez... Tyreke isn't playing though due to injury, which is a big loss...

But the white team has a bunch of scorers, and the blue team is going to have a tough time defending Durant, Curry, Igoudala, Granger and Rose...

Who wins? What players do well?
CryinInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board
Default Re: USA Basketball Showcase - Tomorrow - ESPN 2 - 10PM EST

If you look at the white team, you can tell that they are just sensing Derrick Rose's presence. He's just a star in the making. They all defer to him.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
AK47DR91

#75 is Singler from Duke?

Don't the college/amateur guys have their own Olympic/FIBA team? Or is he that good that he's on the main USA team.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
CryinInTheCar
I hit open layups

CryinInTheCar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91

Don't the college/amateur guys have their own Olympic/FIBA team? Or is he that good that he's on the main USA team.

All those players won't be on the final roster.. most will be cut.
CryinInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Gotta see what Lopez does. I really hope he makes the team, and I think he will. Best true big man in the camp with no Dwight, Amare, Bynum, etc. not there.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91

They do have their own team, they'll practice against the final team after cuts. It's just a picture of everyone involved. I hope we get to see some of those practices, it'll be funny to me watching Jajuan Johnson get abused by guys like Lopez and Love. Physically Johnson's the spitting image of Durant. Except that he's a post player.

After being worried about Granger getting hurt, especially with the offseason so far (AJ Price broke his knee in a charity game, Hibbert banged his knee in a Jamaica scrimmage), I'm pretty excited about seeing him rep the USA. Hopefully he can be a major piece of the team and bring a spotlight or two to the Pacers.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 07-24-2010 at 01:56 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: 2010 USA Basketball Showcase Vegas game: 10pm ET Saturday, ESPN2

I actually think that it is clever constructed teams. It is obvious that coach K stacked the legit bigs on one team. So guys like Wallace, Granger, Odom, Durant who can play 3,4,5 in international play can have some taste in guarding them probably will play a zone.

However, at the end of the day one team has OJ Mayo the other doesn't i'll leave it as that, ball don't lie.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #8
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rose and Durant on the same team. Let's go white team.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #9
rfoster24
Decent playground baller

rfoster24 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
If you look at the white team, you can tell that they are just sensing Derrick Rose's presence. He's just a star in the making. They all defer to him.

He's already a dam star.
rfoster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I'm really looking forward to seeing Rose and Durant on the same team. Let's go white team.

The op is trolling. Obviously the white team is going to win. Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are suppose to be the two best players on this team.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:19 AM   #11
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1955
The op is trolling. Obviously the white team is going to win. Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are suppose to be the two best players on this team.

Rudy Gay shits on Durant everytime they play for USA
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

I'm looking forward to seeing Westbrook vs Rose
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
detotronix
I Still Believe

detotronix has not been impressing people

I'm excited to see Curry and Durant on the same team. (my 2 favorite players in the league)
detotronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Whats the word on Reke's injury?
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #15
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Starting line-ups anyone ?
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: