Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Starcraft 2?

Anyone fans? Anyone getting tonight? I'll probably get tomorrow.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Blackisbig
Serious playground baller

Blackisbig has decent reputation
Default Re: Starcraft 2?

I'll pick a copy up tomorrow for sure. Haven't played in forever, but I loved the first one.
Blackisbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

buying a copy online at www.blizzard.com
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
ashlar
High school junior varsity star

ashlar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I got my copy last night. The two dudes standing next to me in line were talking about origami for 3 hours. Shit drove me nuts and almost made waiting in line not worth it.
ashlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Got it just now. Dude at Gamespot asked me why i didn't pre-order. Told him becaues they have 5,000 copies and he said "what if we sold out?" Asshole, just take my money and hand me the ****ing box...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

I got it last night at midnight. Waited for so long for this game. It's awesome, though.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Awesome Game.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Got it just now. Dude at Gamespot asked me why i didn't pre-order. Told him becaues they have 5,000 copies and he said "what if we sold out?" Asshole, just take my money and hand me the ****ing box...

Sounds just like the guy at my store... dude goes on 10 minute rants everytime I'm there about upcoming games, gamestop website, pre ordering
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just got it after years of playing SC1.

just realized that this game was 1/3 of SC2... wtf....

otherwise, game is incredible
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 AM   #10
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Just got it. Amazing game, especially if you have a friend(s) to play 2v2 with. (Theres a little bit too much going on in 3v3 for me.)
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm still debating on whether or not I should get it. I don't really know anyone who has it, and my fiance doesn't like RTS games. Plus I'm a little turned off on the pace of the old Starcraft. The resource gathering was really slow. It had such a slow pace compared to the Warcraft games, and especially compared to Command and Conquer.

How is it though? For those that bought it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Rofl, yeah I can't stand that shit. They're always hounding me to pre-order things, and I always tell them the exact same thing.

But what pisses me off is when you got to buy a game that's been out for awhile, and they hand you the floor model box with that sticker that's impossible to get off the case without leaving the sticker residue behind. . .when they've been using the game as a demo in the store and try to pass it off as a "new" game that hasn't been opened. That's happened to me the last like 3 times I went to Gamestop.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
I'm still debating on whether or not I should get it. I don't really know anyone who has it, and my fiance doesn't like RTS games. Plus I'm a little turned off on the pace of the old Starcraft. The resource gathering was really slow. It had such a slow pace compared to the Warcraft games, and especially compared to Command and Conquer.

How is it though? For those that bought it?

I wasn't the biggest fan of old Starcraft either but that could just be because I started playing around 2008 and it was mostly just elites playing. However Starcraft 2 seems a lot easier to play and the Campaign mode is pretty nice too.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #13
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What are your guys strategies?
What build orders do you guys use? I'm not very good but what has been winning me some matches as of late is:

early on I wall off build two rax's one of each add ons for them. I pump out as much marines and mauarders as possible, so that I can hold off 1 or 2 attacks. I try and get two gasses quickly and upgrade my CC so that I can get mules. mean while I try to get as many BC's as possible and upgrade. I try and hide them so that they other player doesn't think I have them and assumes I'm just massing M&M's. Once I get what I think is enough I go in for the kill... However mass voidrays really f*ck me over on that.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #14
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

I love banshee raiding so much.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
I wasn't the biggest fan of old Starcraft either but that could just be because I started playing around 2008 and it was mostly just elites playing. However Starcraft 2 seems a lot easier to play and the Campaign mode is pretty nice too.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too fun. That's how all multiplayer games get eventually. You can just bulldoze everyone when games first come out, then the crappiest players stop playing and it gets fun, then only the people who take it too seriously keep playing.

I might grab that for campaign mode though. Blizzard usually does a nice job of their campaign modes ever since Warcraft 2. Warcraft 3 had a great campaign mode.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: