Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default NFL - Teach a noob

Ok, I've been very slowly starting to get into NFL lately, and after giving the Madden 11 demo a go, I really want to start watching the sport more often and take more of an interest in it.

The rules I'll learn and pick up in my own time, unless someone is willing to outline the basics for me.

What I'm more interested in is who are the more well known teams, or 'hot' teams, and which teams are the NFL form of the Clippers (no disrespect intended ). Maybe also a brief history about some of the teams? I'd also like to know who the best players are. I've heard of quite a few, but don't know much about them.

Help a brother from across the pond out.

Thanks guys.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NFL - Teach a noob

Well for starters anybody who likes the Dallas Cowboys is known as a homosexual.

Also if you like the Bobcats you may want to get into their football team, the Panthers. DeAngelo Williams and Johnathan Stewart form the league's best RB duo. Chris Johnson of the Titans is probably the most exciting player to watch in the league currently.

Here's some of the most exciting plays from last season for your interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azqo9br91gE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPXoK4Rb62k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3B7Og-FS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQDxxbNJ2Js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJuGjb-FKEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiWjUszakBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5HtJidMZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4euhbD07w

And everyone loves hard hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwJNBwupCYM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q9MnaZ7tsw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgmVp...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7WkJnEzqM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwML...eature=related

Any specific questions just ask.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 08-05-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

The Lions, Bengals, or Cardinals are the Clippers of the NFL
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Posterize,
No Josh Cribbs? I would certainly argue that he is amongst the most exciting players in the league. His highlight package from the last three years would be possibly the most mind-blowing in the entire league.

Here are just a few clips from last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_VP_Ehi4E

I don't think that he gets the recognition that he deserves for how dynamic he really is when he gets the ball in his hands.

ukballer,
Any questions on specific teams or with the league in general, let us know. You can jump on the Browns' bandwagon early.

With Mike Holmgren running the show and on the heels of what was a great draft (potentially), you can beat everyone else to the punch.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was just going off of plays from the top of my head. Are they going to involve Cribbs in the offense more this year?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I was just going off of plays from the top of my head. Are they going to involve Cribbs in the offense more this year?
I believe so. I think they are working on packages with both he and Senaca Wallace on the field, so teams aren't going to know if either guy is lining up at QB, RB, or WR. I think we are going to see a very unique take on the Wildcat.

Plus, he is seeing a lot of time in training camp with the first team in the slot. He is just too electric not to utilize in the regular offense.

I've been to two days of training camp so far this year and the Brown and White scrimmage is this Saturday. Have you checked out any of the Philly camp?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Bryant
The Lions, Bengals, or Cardinals are the Clippers of the NFL

Those days are over.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I believe so. I think they are working on packages with both he and Senaca Wallace on the field, so teams aren't going to know if either guy is lining up at QB, RB, or WR. I think we are going to see a very unique take on the Wildcat.

Plus, he is seeing a lot of time in training camp with the first team in the slot. He is just too electric not to utilize in the regular offense.

I've been to two days of training camp so far this year and the Brown and White scrimmage is this Saturday. Have you checked out any of the Philly camp?
A guy I really liked last year once he got to play was Jerome Harrison. He's got that #1 spot on like I'm sure? Not sure what's in line for him as a runner but I like his pass catching ability out of the backfield. He's got a good ability to get to the outside as a runner. Multi-dimensional is never a bad thing.

I would've liked to go out there for a day or 2, just haven't had time to take that drive because I've been busy. So I've had to stick with reading online and video. I'd probably have a heart attack if I was out there watching live though...DeSean, Maclin, Bradley, and Asante have all been "carted off" this year along with about 5 non-regulars.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

this is no "Clippers of the NFL"...the crappiest franchise is the Jags...but unlike the NBA, every team has a chance every year...

except for Philly...they will never win shit...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
this is no "Clippers of the NFL"...the crappiest franchise is the Jags...but unlike the NBA, every team has a chance every year...

except for Philly...they will never win shit...
Jags are far from worst franchise as far as performance. Maybe in support but they are nowhere near as bad as the Lions, Bills, or Browns have been this past decade. They actually have a pretty respectable history for an expansion team.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Jags are far from worst franchise as far as performance. Maybe in support but they are nowhere near as bad as the Lions, Bills, or Browns have been this past decade. They actually have a pretty respectable history for an expansion team.
yeah I didn't mean preformance...I was just thinking in terms of a small market teams...like the Grizzlies or Clippers or something...

preformance would be Rams, Raiders, Lions, Browns, ect....but those teams have great history, unlike the Clippers...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
yeah I didn't mean preformance...I was just thinking in terms of a small market teams...like the Grizzlies or Clippers or something...

preformance would be Rams, Raiders, Lions, Browns, ect....but those teams have great history, unlike the Clippers...
??
Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
??
they are small market...

right?

Lakers own their market...I assumed...

I don't see many Clipper fans running around here...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Milwaukee Brewers MLB Bud Selig Trust $238 million
Miami Heat NBA Micky Arison $236 million
Philadelphia Phillies MLB B. Giles/D. Montgomery $231 million
Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Glen Taylor $230 million
Memphis Grizzlies NBA Michael Heisley $227 million
Chicago White Sox MLB Jerry Reinsdorf $223 million
Chicago Blackhawks NHL Bill Wirtz $218 million
Denver Nuggets NBA Stanley Kroenke $218 million
New Orleans Hornets NBA G. Shinn/R. Wooldridge $216 million
Los Angeles Clippers NBA Donald Sterling $208 million
San Diego Padres MLB John Moores $207 million
Los Angeles Kings NHL P. Anschutz/E. Roski $205 million
Atlanta Hawks NBA Atlanta Spirit LLC $202 million
Cincinnati Reds MLB Carl Lindner $204 million
Orlando Magic NBA Rich DeVos $199 million
Seattle SuperSonics NBA Howard Schultz $196 million

Anaheim Angels MLB Walt Disney Co. $195 million
Golden State Warriors NBA Chris Cohan $188 million
Montreal Canadiens NHL George Gillett Jr. $187 million
Toronto Blue Jays MLB Rogers Communications $182 million
Milwaukee Bucks NBA Herb Kohl $174 million

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/forbes.html

the Clippers are like a bottom 5 NBA team in terms of market...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #15
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Those days are over.

I'm more talking about historically, not present.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: