Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Give me reasons against gay marriage

I am for gay marriage but for my government class we are having a debate and i am on the side AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE.

Give me reasons why gay marriage shouldnt be legalized THAT DOESNT INVOLVE RELIGION CUS RELIGIOUS BACK UP IS WEAK!

Thanks.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

You're out of luck because there aren't any, ban on gay marriage is based entirely on christian belief, just sad for you that you live in a nation where others attempt to force their religion upon you through legislation.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #3
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

ya that is true.
You have the freedom of exercise of religion not to force religion on others.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

1) It's disgusting.

2) They can't have kids who can't grow up and contribute to the economy.

One point you could use is of the psychological aspect of it to where it's not so much love, but of a sick lust. Or how the person was around the opposite sex all his life and developed a desire for the same sex that the opposite sex shared. For example: A guy hangs around girls all his life, and he developed feminine habits, including liking boys. Basically just kill the entire debate by saying that homosexuality isn't even real, that it's all in the mind.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
You're out of luck because there aren't any, ban on gay marriage is based entirely on christian belief, just sad for you that you live in a nation where others attempt to force their religion upon you through legislation.
That's not exactly true. Religion isn't "forced" through the government. Now that the Dems hold the power, there won't be any religious influence at all. Dems are basically, not really anti-Christian, but there isn't much, if any, religious influence at all.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

There are some things about taxes you could say. Gay marriage opens the door for all types of civil unions and tax breaks, a weak argument sure, but your not going to find much if you eliminate the religous aspect.

Also people that argue against it often go to the slippery slope, declining morals, etc... for instance if we start allowing allowing gay marriage people are going to want to marry animals next. Ridiculous thinking sure, but those are often the arguments that get used.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

TheTrueKnicksFan has an OK reputation so far

It goes against nature. It is meant to be a boy and a girl. And, gays don't contribute anything good to life. They are full of themselves, sovenistic, and overly emotional. And the government is taking a stand by banning it. If they change the marrage law to cater for gays, then soon people will want to marry people in their familys, or have 3 person marrages. The government is doing the right thing by holding their ground and keeping those f@gs from destroying society.
TheTrueKnicksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Excluding religion. F#@k that. The Bible says stick another man in his arse, and you can look forward to the afterlife, with a pitchfork being stuck in YOUR arse.

Not only is it gross but it's downright immoral. Think about the kids. What about the kids? I like that America has taken a stance saying that NO we don't want your immigrants wrecking our cars and then grabbing their sombreros and making like a leaf, and NO we will NOT let another man wed another man and accept it.

God bless America
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueKnicksFan
It goes against nature. It is meant to be a boy and a girl. And, gays don't contribute anything good to life. They are full of themselves, sovenistic, and overly emotional. And the government is taking a stand by banning it. If they change the marrage law to cater for gays, then soon people will want to marry people in their familys, or have 3 person marrages. The government is doing the right thing by holding their ground and keeping those f@gs from destroying society.

You're an idiot.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Without the religious nonsense there is nothing that even pretends to hold weight, but you could always pull a Cartman and dig up dirt on the opposing side of the class to discredit them... lol
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
TheTrueKnicksFan
Banned

TheTrueKnicksFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
You're an idiot.
How so? If you give marrage to one party of people, do you think other partys won't want the same marrage rights? Marrage is meant to be boy and girl only.
TheTrueKnicksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueKnicksFan

i agree w/ your 1st two sentences since they are both unbiased facts. the rest of it spins off into homophobic ramble. i'm not gay and i'm not particularly fond of gays, but they are still human afterall and i will treat them as such.

gay couples can't reproduce naturally. looking at that in nature, it's just wrong for gays to be together in marriage. i also don't like seeing gays adopt kids and bring them up inside the gay lifestyle. kids deserve to know what is supposed to be natural and not be influenced otherwise.

Last edited by jbot : 11-21-2006 at 05:01 PM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #13
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

There are gay animals so "unnatural" doesn't work - you should say that scientifically it does not promote the perpetuation of the species.... that's all there is to it

altho on a personal level I couldn't give a flying F@#!
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism
There are gay animals so "unnatural" doesn't work - you should say that scientifically it does not promote the perpetuation of the species.... that's all there is to it

altho on a personal level I couldn't give a flying F@#!

yeah, i guess that sums up what i was wanting to say.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm for gay marriage also...

But to play the devils advocate I'll say this

1) family....which would lead to people thinking gay couples should not also have the right to adopt or raise children. This would lead to taxes for famlies etc.

(I belive gay couples SHOULD have this right by the way.)

2) First read and learn number one.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: