Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Security orders fan to remove McNabb jersey at training camp

Quote:
BETHLEHEM -- Eagles fan Jim Devlin, of King of Prussia, was directed to remove the Donovan McNabb Redskins jersey that he was wearing on the Eagles sideline at training camp this morning by security.

Devlin said that security told him that coach Andy Reid wanted the jersey removed. A team spokesman said he was unaware whether the directive came from Reid.

Devlin was on the sideline, not in the stands, on a guest pass, provided by friend Frank Deutchki, of Schwenksville, who is with him. A team spokesman said guests with sideline passes are supposed to be screened at the gate.

Devlin was surprised but also really angry. He was curious what other fans' reaction would be so he also wore the jersey to Sunday's Phillies-Mets game.

Deutchki now has the jersey in a bag, with Devlin wearing a red T-shirt.

Devlin said he thought Reid would be more concerned with what was happening on the field rather than on the sidelines.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz0wJHvVpt7
Quote:
In the dust up of the morning, a fan on the sidelines was asked to take off his Redskins Donovan McNabb jersey. The fan said an Eagles staffer told him coach Andy Reid had noticed it. The fan said he was looking to get a rise, and maybe some good-natured ribbing, from Eagles backers -- he had worn it to a recent Phillies game -- but didn't expect to catch the coaches attention.

"I would be worried more about these guys" -- he said, pointing to the field, "more than these guys," he concluded, gesturing toward fans.

He was hardly outraged about the situation, though. He remained on the sidelines for the rest of practice, his white jersey in a plastic Eagles bag, and even said he would probably buy some Eagles gear on the way out.

The Eagles said they don't allow spectators invited to the sidelines to wear opposing teams' paraphernalia.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...xzz0wJI FYbZA

At first I thought he had on a McNabb 'Eagles' jersey but the second article makes it known it was a Redskins jersey. Do you think that this is taking it too far? Fans are allowed to wear opposing jerseys to the stadium (at their own risk) but not training camp?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Default Re: Security orders fan to remove McNabb jersey at training camp

I think its taking it a little to far but I can see Andy Reid not wanting his players getting distracted by it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I think there is a difference from paying to see 2 teams play vs training camp of 1 team where you are invited by that 1 team to watch practice on the sidelines. Not everyone who attends training camp gets sideline passes. So if Andy Reid didnt approve of what the fan was wearing I have no issue with him mentioning it to staff. The guy said he purposely wore it to get a rise out of folks and have them respond to him.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
1manfastbreak
just win

wtf if i was at my teams training camp and some dipshit wore another team's jersey.. who is in our division none the less i would be pissed. he'd been gettin hit by my gatorade bottle
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

A little petty, but I can understand them not wanting any BS popping off over the #5 jersey...

not like it was a game anyway... its practice...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
SALFORD-RED
High School Starter

The fan is idiotic obviously wanting to make a name for himself and get attention (he succeeded).

If I was a Eagle fan I would be pissed off at someone wearing a Redkins shirt at my teams practice, you just don't do it.
SALFORD-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry

Lots of Eagles fans do things to be purposely aggravating round my way so I don't have a problem with this guy but I agree, it more than breaks NFL fan etiquette. What a clown.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: