Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Friday Night game thread

Kolb is shittin right now. 2-4 for 50 yards. Would've been 3-5 with a TD but Celek dropped it in the end zone. Had a 6 yard run for a 1st down too. Hooked up with both Maclin and Jackson.

I've got McNabb's game on DVR but lookin at boxscore he went 1/3 for 11 yards on 1st drive.

Damn great defensive plays. Great wrap up tackle by Hobbs and one following it by ASANTE (to which he got a big ovation ). Bunckley batted down the first pass, 3 and out! Here comes Kolb!

REDSKINS are on NFL network for anyone who wants to watch

Last edited by Posterize246 : 08-13-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Friday Night game thread

I'm going to give a description of what I watch tonight after the game and then do the same for the Skins game after I watch that.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

OMFG DeSean just shook some dude out his shoes on a juke move on an end-around run
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

can't watch anything...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

42-17 I know it's preseason but being a skins fan, I've waited a long time to see a game like this
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
42-17 I know it's preseason but being a skins fan, I've waited a long time to see a game like this
+1
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

+ 2
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Posterize how did the OL look? What was the playcalling like? How did the defense look (and any new additions we added how did they fare)?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Posterize how did the OL look? What was the playcalling like? How did the defense look (and any new additions we added how did they fare)?
For the whole quarter that the 1st string was on the field Kolb didn't have any pressure on him and when he did he was able to roll out. I don't know how you measure it because I honestly don't think I can name a guy on the Jags D-line, but still good. He rolled out a couple times and made some throws on the run. He pretty much had all day and the 2 times the receivers weren't able to get open Kolb was able to make a play with his feet, gain 6-7 yards and get outta bounds.

Play calling was some of the same and some changes. They subbed in Vick for one passing play where he faked a hand-off and threw it to Celek for a 1st down. I hope they eventually abandon the Vick sub-in stuff because I think Kolb is good enough that he should be out there every play. They had an end-around play to DeSean where he shook some guy out his shoes and went for I'd say 16-17 yards.

Ways that I noticed play calling was different? There was an actual mix of run and pass, 8 carries to 11 passes. There weren't any passes to McCoy or Weaver in the backfield, they pretty much stayed back and blocked. The offense went more vertical than horizontal and trying to get yards after the catch.

The defense wasn't on the field enough to get a feel because they got stops and got right off. But Brandon Graham constantly had pressure on the QB and it wasn't all vs. the 2nd string. He popped Garrard something serious as he was releasing the ball.

If you read philly.com the guy on there talks about Kurt Coleman the safety from Ohio State. Says he was the best guy on the field but I didn't watch much of the 3rd and 4th, just peeked. He did lead the team in tackles though as I look now. Nate Allen, Mikell, and the linebackers really didn't get any work but Hobbs and Asante (shocker!) played well and had some good wrap up tackles. Asante's was even on a TE.

Chad Hall is an exciting little ****er. And Riley Cooper made some big catches but they were from Vick not Kolb.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: