Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Post 11.22.06: Kings v Jazz

This will be an interesting game. I don't know if AK47 is going to play, and the Jazz are the best team in the NBA right now (next to the Spurs), and I hope Big Nasty, K-9, and SAR can handle the imporved play of boozer and the shooting of Okur. Bibby and Martin need to step up their game. I am going to be at this game in ARCO, so I hope they can pull the upset.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

let's go kings!
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
Targus™
Good college starter

effing pathetic. ok here i go. Artest, you are a freaking ball hog who thinks he can take over games when really you can't! ur not clutch, not anywhere near clutch. pass the ball to k-mart and stop trying to do everything yourself. god, at the end of the game this guy just shoots us out of it. misses freethrows, turns it over....horrible 2nd half by the kings. way to blow another huge lead. AT HOME. what are we now, 0-3 vs. above .500 teams?? Bibby, you need to step it up, injured or not, and least try to stop playing like a girl out there. salmons is really rusty so ill give him a break. but that was just pathetic...
Old 11-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Kings 101, Jazz 110

Utah looked very good and like a legit contender in the second half but their first half makes me doubt they really deserve to be called the best in the league.

Keep in mind the Kings were playing:
=without brad miller
=without bibby for the second half
=without a healthy artest (he was planning to leave the game, until bibby decided not to comeback)
=and this one salmon's first game back.

Nevertheless, the Jazz looked very good. And to think they were giving up on Booz last year. Booz is a legit 20/10 guy. Williams has improved a lot from his rookie year. The two things I noticed was his speed, I remember him getten burnt a lot last year, and his shooting was phenomenal tonight.

The Jazz don't seem to be missing AK47 much. IMO, he is a little overrated in terms of his importance to the Jazz. He can't do much on offense and the Jazz don't need him to with the way williams and booz are playing. Defensively, he is a top notch defender but the Jazz rely more on rebounding and rough play rather than steals or lockdown defense.

Can someone tell me KMoney did not get more looks in the 4th?

The Price on Boozer dunk was sick, definite early dunk of the year candidate.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:47 AM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
Bibby, you need to step it up, injured or not, and least try to stop playing like a girl out there
Judging from the way Bibby got hit, it looked like his thigh was sore.

I had the exact same injury about 2 weeks ago. I fell to the floor and didn't get up for about 5-10 min; however, I could still play because my muscles were warm. It was very painful after my muscles cooled down. It felt like the muscle could not be stretched all the way. It slowly went away over 3-4 days, but the first morning was the worst.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

yeah but i mean even before he got hit. i know the wrist, but still, he's been taking only jumpshots, avoiding contact, and just not wanting to go inside strong like the real bibby. he hasnt missed many games in his career.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
yeah but i mean even before he got hit. i know the wrist, but still, he's been taking only jumpshots, avoiding contact, and just not wanting to go inside strong like the real bibby. he hasnt missed many games in his career.

I'm sure his reluctance to go the rim has a little to do with his injury, but it seems like the drives and cuts through the lane that bibby used to get now are taken up by artest and martin. Martin cutting through the lane kind of prevents Mike from doing it.

But he looked really good in the first half. His jumper was on and if the jumper is falling, the drives will become a lot easier.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:22 AM   #8
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

the crowd (including me) went absolutely nuts when Price threw down that dunk. Too bad the Kings collapsed in the 4th. There was one Jazz fan a few seats away who got up at the end of the game and yelled to the crown "gimme a J....gimme an A...gimme a Z..." lol
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: