Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Do you guys think there will be an NFL lockout?

I'm still trying to read up a bit on this subject.

WHo is well versed on the issues? I'd like to get a dialogue going with this.

From the bits and pieces of info I've gathered, a lockout seems very likely. Could this be the death blow for some NFL teams, like the Rams, Jaguars, and other teams with already fledging fan support?

It seems to me that they need to fix rookie contract scales, and maybe take better care of retired NFL players. I would assume that players are pushing for guaranteed contracts as well?

A lockout would be a damn shame. The sport is at the height of its popularity right now.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Do you guys think there will be an NFL lockout?

There is DEFINITELY going to be some type of lockout...and it SUCKS too b/c the NFL is easily the top sports league in America.

I place a good bit of the blame on the owners. Its not like the players were demanding MORE money or anything, its the owners who wanted to change the money issues up. But players are partly to blame as well.

And rookie contracts SHOULD be taken care of. It makes NO sense at all for Sam Bradford to make more money than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think they'll let a lockout happen. Too much $$ to lose and the league would run a risk of losing it's fan base. A lockout could lead to a severe decline in the NFL
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think they'll let a lockout happen. Too much $$ to lose and the league would run a risk of losing it's fan base. A lockout could lead to a severe decline in the NFL

I PRAY you're right and I totally understand your line of thought and it totally makes sense, but everything I'm hearing, most of the talk from involved parties is that the two sides are too far away for anything to come to a resolution anytime soon at all. But hopefully they all realize how big of a blow it'd be if there was a lockout.

Could you imagine a year w/o the NFL? We'd have to settle for the UFL
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

i dont understand why, if a CBA can't be agreed upon by the deadline, they can't just extend the current CBA for one year, or create a temporary one to avoid a lockout and give them more time to negoitiate. that would seem to benefit all parties - owners, players, league and fans.
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I PRAY you're right and I totally understand your line of thought and it totally makes sense, but everything I'm hearing, most of the talk from involved parties is that the two sides are too far away for anything to come to a resolution anytime soon at all. But hopefully they all realize how big of a blow it'd be if there was a lockout.

Could you imagine a year w/o the NFL? We'd have to settle for the UFL

UFL
Old 08-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

a year without football. idk what i would do
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873

I'd watch something else.(like college football) Can't really say that I would miss any league if they didn't play for a season.

Both sides should take their time and get the best possible deal that will prevent future stoppages long-term.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873

Eh, I'll survive. It will be different though. I'll focus more on Soccer and NBA then.

I'll manage.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

I would cry without Football. A year without the Saints would make me sad. The Hornets give me nothing to look forward to. And I like football way more than basketball. It would be nice if we had a baseball team here to watch. Until then I stick with the Rays.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last I heard the PA and the NBA have kinda made a little ground.

But could you imagine a Double Lockout year?

No NFL and then no NBA? Uhh even just thinking about it...

But from what I gather an NFL lockout is much more likely at this juncture.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #12
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Well at least the NCAA is to save so we can all watch some football and basketball if that happens.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

A lockout would tarnish the NFL's image a bit, a few fans lost in the shuffle, but they'll come back... it's the NFL, it's going to reign supreme one way or another. I think there will be a lockout, unfortunately. A lot of issues need to be addressed. A lot of pride, greed, and scheming will be taking place in the next coming season or so. It all boils down to being a business for the owners, high life for the players, and anxiety for the fans.

The NFL has become so popular and lucrative without proper guidelines and management in place to properly conduct and manage owner/player/fan relations. Owners wants more bank. Players want more bank. Networks want more bank. Fans just want to watch some damn football!
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #14
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

A double lockout? Would they make a Madden and a 2k? IF so, I would put in crazy hours on that and probably play a lot more myself.

I dont think the NFL can afford a lockout in today's what have you done for me lately society. A year of little/no press wont be good at all.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: