Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default LOVE my team!

.5 ppr league

carson palmer
miles austin
anquon boldin
ochocinco
steven jax
ladanian tomlinson
jermychael finley
tim hightower
vinateri
balt def

robert meachem
darren sproles
larry johnson
todd heap
sam bradford

im thinken championship here... what yall think???
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: LOVE my team!

Not tryin to rain on your parade, but its not the best looking fantasy team I've seen this year.

For instance, here's my team:

Matt Schaub
Ray Rice
Steven Jackson
Roddy White
Anquan Boldin
Jermichael Finley
Jerome Harrison
Dan Carpenter
49ers Defense

Joe Flacco
Ryan Mathews
Pierre Thomas
Mike Williams (Rookie WR Tampa)
Mike Sims-Walker
Kenny Britt
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Not tryin to rain on your parade, but its not the best looking fantasy team I've seen this year.

For instance, here's my team:

Matt Schaub
Ray Rice
Steven Jackson
Roddy White
Anquan Boldin
Jermichael Finley
Jerome Harrison
Dan Carpenter
49ers Defense

Joe Flacco
Ryan Mathews
Pierre Thomas
Mike Williams (Rookie WR Tampa)
Mike Sims-Walker
Kenny Britt

How many teams in your league? because you must be playing with retards if its 12 or something.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

10 team league.

One of the guys is an idiot for sure lol. He took Miles Austin 3rd overall, which let Ray Rice drop to me at #5. Then he took Brett Favre in round 3, before Favre even announced he was coming back. The guy is a Cowboys homer, so he took a few Cowboys players a bit too high. And he took LT in the 5th round or so.

I like my team, but I don't even think I have the best team in my league though.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Bird
I Drain 3's

Bird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected posterBird is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
.5 ppr league

carson palmer
miles austin
anquon boldin
ochocinco
steven jax
ladanian tomlinson
jermychael finley
tim hightower
vinateri
balt def

robert meachem
darren sproles
larry johnson
todd heap
sam bradford

im thinken championship here... what yall think???

I'm thinking not.

Your #1 WR and #1 RB are solid. Hell, I even like Boldin. But your #2-#5 RB are questionable (I doubt Larry Johnson does anything worthy). Hightower and LT are backups (I don't care what AZ's depth chart says) and sproles may not see a ton of time.

Taking Bradford as your backup QB is kind of funny.

Just saying, even in a 12 team league, this team is weak.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
I'm thinking not.

Your #1 WR and #1 RB are solid. Hell, I even like Boldin. But your #2-#5 RB are questionable (I doubt Larry Johnson does anything worthy). Hightower and LT are backups (I don't care what AZ's depth chart says) and sproles may not see a ton of time.

Taking Bradford as your backup QB is kind of funny.

Just saying, even in a 12 team league, this team is weak.

Agreed. I was just being nice.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

Here's my team from my first draft of the year. 12 person league.

Weekly lineup: 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, 1 DEF, 2 D Players
QB:
Kevin Kolb

RB:
Chris Johnson
Jahvid Best
Arian Foster
Monterio Hardesty
Leon Washington

WR:
Roddy White
Steve Smith (NYG)
Dez Bryant
Jacoby Jones
Devin Hester
Chris Chambers
Louis Murphy

TE:
Kellen Winslow
Dustin Keller

K:
Lawrence Tynes

DEF:
49ers

D Players:
Charles Woodson
Steven Tulloch
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Team looks good Zac. No backup QB? I ended up with both Foster and Hardesty as backups in my money league. Both were good picks (for both of us!). Receivers could use a little work, maybe moving one of those rookie backs later in the year. Everything else looks real good.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Team looks good Zac. No backup QB? I ended up with both Foster and Hardesty as backups in my money league. Both were good picks (for both of us!). Receivers could use a little work, maybe moving one of those rookie backs later in the year. Everything else looks real good.
I literally just dropped Chad Henne to pick up Leon Washington because no one had him year and he has been projected by some to get the starting job in Washington. I may drop Dustin Keller to pick up Henne again but right now I only need a back up for my bye week for Kolb and Henne, Bradford, Delhomme, Josh Johnson, Marc Sanchez, Matt Moore, Leinart/Anderson, and Garrard are all still available. Do you guys think I should pick any one of those up instead of Keller? I initially picked Chad Henne just for having Brandon Marshall alone.

Edit: I went ahead and picked Henne up just in case he starts killing it with Marshall, I might start him over Kolb or trade him. Also Keller should be available as well as a ton of other back up TE (really deep this year) whenever I want.

Last edited by zac : 08-30-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Honestly backup TE isn't even worth bothering with until you hit that bye week. I think Justin Forsett is going to be starting in Seattle by the way but who knows. I think Garrard is probably the most solid backup out there, but maybe Henne will show something more with Marshall this year.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #11
zac
Local High School Star

Yeah, the only reason I picked up Keller to begin with is because I think he is going to have a big year this year. It's not for sure though so I let him go. I also think Jacoby Jones (everyone covering Andre), Hester (new offensive coordinater, Cutler not sucking as much), and Louis Murphy (new competent QB, breakout year) all have big potential this year. Also Chris Chamber did really well in KC last year that kind of went unnoticed, but I picked him up towards the end of last year. White is obviously a #1 receiver, Smith is the best NYG have. Dez Bryant is the only unproven or shakey one but I couldn't pass him up that late.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #12
clipse026
Local High School Star

I still think Aromoshadu is going to benefit more than Hester will. And yes Jacoby Jones is definitely due to breakout. He's currently the #3 but that doesn't mean much. He will have a good year this year. Louis Murphy will have a good year as well. Also Chaz Shilens is going to be pretty good with a QB throwing to him that isn't brain dead.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

yeah my leagues 12 team and all these guys know what they're doing it's also a $200 entry fee league so its highly competitive.. for you too get rice and sjax etc.. yeah you must be in a weak league

i grabbed bradford by accident, i was puttin him in my que list and i wanted to grab keating but i forgot to clik bradford outa the way

I think LT is going to have a monster year, jets will be the highest running team in football and with shon greens running style he's going to get hurt, also if the jets were smart they would conserve green to the end of the season, i love sproles i think san diego will use sproles alot with LT out and usually sproles takes advantage of xtra playin time, hightower i grabbed cuz i needed a extra rb and he was the best available at the time, and with larry johnson ca mon worth the grab cuz of portis's injury prone plus shanahan likes to run a lot, im also hoping for todd heap to emerge as a top 5 TE so i can use jerycheal finley as trade bait for a #2 rb
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
clipse026
Local High School Star

Larry Johnson might not even make the Skins roster. Keiland Williams is going to see the field alot this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: