Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What are the most common weaknesses among experienced players?

Experienced means playing for 3+ years.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What are the most common weaknesses among experienced players?

Lack of weak hand, not being able to finish with weak hand, boxing out seems to be an easy fundamental that isn't honored..

Will prolly post some more when i think of them but it also does depend on the level that people are playing with.. someone who starts playing basketball with good players will get better quicker than someone playing with scrubs..
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly the biggest thing i think would be defense. Because most players focus so much on scoring and the offensive end that often times the other side can be short-changed.
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i guess there's no "common weakness", it always depend on the guys that you play and their skills.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I like lack of lack of an off hand and boxing out... those are things you see a lot with players at all levels including the NBA.

Defensive discipline tho... and that includes boxing out, is ignored at times. When guys get a little tired, their defense suffers way before their offense.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I like lack of lack of an off hand and boxing out... those are things you see a lot with players at all levels including the NBA.

Defensive discipline tho... and that includes boxing out, is ignored at times. When guys get a little tired, their defense suffers way before their offense.
Yea when guys get tired they also give up on defense quicker.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

Well all of the other comments were right on. Something I do notice about people that play 3+ years is that they sometimes choke during basketball games(I do too so I'm working on it. I'm getting challenged by alot of people during lunch, because they heard i'm good. It's kind of scary too see them shooting 80% and dunking while I'm shooting 30% and barely touching the room).
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916

I entirely completely agree with defense. Contrary to popular belief, one can get by without a good ability to finish strong with the off hand. But too many players truly lack in a real ability to play defense.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maga_1
i guess there's no "common weakness", it always depend on the guys that you play and their skills.

I was gonna say the same thing. The weaknesses for someone who is 6'1 probably aren't going to be the same as someone who is 6'8. It all depends on what position/style you play.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

My weak hand had improved pretty significantly recently but that was my biggest concern for a while
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: