Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #1
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Law Abiding Citizen

First 95 minutes I was like

But in the last 15 minutes I was like

Seriously, I had this movie pegged into my top 10 by the 50-ish minute mark but the ending screwed everything up
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
chungerball
High School JV MVP

chungerball has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Law Abiding Citizen

What would you want the ending to be like?
chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

I thought it was a good movie.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

as soon as they dropped the bit about him being CIA the movie started to lose me. When they asked us to believe that a man so smart he can kill people without being there is too stupid to have some sort of alarm to let him know intruders have made it into his hideout, I became annoyed I had sat through the thing.

The more I thought about it the days after seeing it, the less I liked it.

I give it a C.

Last edited by kentatm : 09-06-2010 at 01:28 AM.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungerball
What would you want the ending to be like?

I would have loved it if Gerard's plans actually worked since everyone in the movie was saying he was a mastermind. I also thought he wanted Foxx to find his secret layer as part of the master plan. Turns out, though, that Butler made a stupid mistake and then Foxx planted that bomb to kill him.

Now a better ending could have been something like this:

Butler still dies, but not before killing those city hall people and eventually causing Foxx to kill him, thereby putting him in custody and eventually changing the criminal justice system. That's the direction I was hoping the movie would go.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
chungerball
High School JV MVP

chungerball has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
I would have loved it if Gerard's plans actually worked since everyone in the movie was saying he was a mastermind. I also thought he wanted Foxx to find his secret layer as part of the master plan. Turns out, though, that Butler made a stupid mistake and then Foxx planted that bomb to kill him.

Butler still dies, but not before killing those city hall people and eventually causing Foxx to kill him, thereby putting him in custody and eventually changing the criminal justice system. That's the direction I was hoping the movie would go.

Spoiler alert!!!

That would be a pretty good ending, but hollywood is full of morons that are incompetent at best. The hiding inside the jail angle is so absurd....
chungerball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #7
wRedJ10
Decent playground baller

wRedJ10 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLWeBWX3JQ

best part in the film
wRedJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #8
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG

Yeah I basically wanted your ending. I love the movie, but the ending was disappointing. They sorta killed the entire message behind the movie by not having Butler's plan go through.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #9
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I was thinking that someone was gonna end up harming or trying to harm Foxx's daughter in the movie and that he'd get a taste of his own medicine. The ending was wack but the movie was good. Why are we talking about this like it just came out again?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #10
Captain Kirk
Beat the world...

Captain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation hereCaptain Kirk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I was thinking that someone was gonna end up harming or trying to harm Foxx's daughter in the movie and that he'd get a taste of his own medicine. The ending was wack but the movie was good. Why are we talking about this like it just came out again?

Kind of an underrated film I'd say. Minus the ending it's a very good movie.
Captain Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #11
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
as soon as they dropped the bit about...

The more I thought about it the days after seeing it, the less I liked it.

I give it a C.

That's exactly when it started to lose me too. I kept watching thinking maybe it wasn't a big deal, but the ending blew it. I wouldn't say a different ending would make it a great movie, but it definitely would've made it much better as a whole.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #12
AJ2k8
Banned

AJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAJ2k8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watched it the other day, loved the movie but the ending was average...
AJ2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Foxx was out of his league in this one. His acting skills or lack thereof, were exposed
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #14
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wRedJ10

I liked this part the best
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well well... law-abiding-zitizen.
i found this movie average at least. mainly because on seen-before patterns and the stupidness of that guy in jail. revenge isn't the answer.
kNIOKAS is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: