Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Poodle
Banned

Default I'm trying to get rid of Cedric Benson

for a WR preferably. what do people think of him for Brandon Marshall? does that sound even or lopsided, and which way?

a lot of people in my league don't seem to like Benson, i don't either tho. if this doesn't go thru i'm thinking of offering him for Boldin, even tho the Ravens have 3 good WR's now, but i just want to peddle Benson before the season starts.

i could be screwing myself but i don't like their schedule, and i'm not a big fan of Benson's running skillz. i'm also kind of worried the Cinci offense. its just tough since everywhere i read Benson is supposedly a low 2nd round value pick. it just seems i can't get anywhere near that pick value for him in my league
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Default Re: I'm trying to get rid of Cedric Benson

looks like you made a mistake by drafting benson in then first place. im assuming he was good value when you took him (late second or early third?)...

instead of unloading him for .70 cents on the dollar try to acquire bernard scott who is a very capable back up with high upside. I dont have a great feeling about Benson and own him on a team but if he's on the field he'll produce as a low end RB1.

a guy like him you should just let someone else draft. eventually there comes a point in time when he's too good of value to pass on but i wouldn't feel comfortable drafting him in the first three rounds of any draft, especially a 10 team.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
looks like you made a mistake by drafting benson in then first place. im assuming he was good value when you took him (late second or early third?)...

instead of unloading him for .70 cents on the dollar try to acquire bernard scott who is a very capable back up with high upside. I dont have a great feeling about Benson and own him on a team but if he's on the field he'll produce as a low end RB1.

a guy like him you should just let someone else draft. eventually there comes a point in time when he's too good of value to pass on but i wouldn't feel comfortable drafting him in the first three rounds of any draft, especially a 10 team.

i had him as a keeper. i drafted him last year in someting like the 5th or 6th round or so. i don't like his game, and they have a tough schedule this year, and even then expectations/hype on Cinci seems to be based a lot on getting TO with Ocho and Carson stepping it up this year but even with that i have my doubts about Carson Palmer. i don't know what happened to him but he isn't the same Palmer he was before he got hurt, and i'm not sure if he will be this year either.

i just hate Cedric Bensons straight forward running style, granted he doesn't fumble, but he just doesn't impress me nearly as much as the hype he gets. i'm about to offer him/B.Edwards for Boldin/Cadillac, but i doubt they'll do it. i really want to peddle him before thursday tho...
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
for a WR preferably. what do people think of him for Brandon Marshall? does that sound even or lopsided, and which way?

a lot of people in my league don't seem to like Benson, i don't either tho. if this doesn't go thru i'm thinking of offering him for Boldin, even tho the Ravens have 3 good WR's now, but i just want to peddle Benson before the season starts.

i could be screwing myself but i don't like their schedule, and i'm not a big fan of Benson's running skillz. i'm also kind of worried the Cinci offense. its just tough since everywhere i read Benson is supposedly a low 2nd round value pick. it just seems i can't get anywhere near that pick value for him in my league
Benson on a per game basis is better than marshall but a lot of people are citing all those touches and lack of proven seasons being able to carry such a big workload as red flags for benson (say he's prone). I personally had Benson very high on my board, top 15 non-PPR but I didn't take into account risk factor with injury as I just would grab Scott late if I did draft Benson because Scott is damn good if something should happen to Benson. At this point I think you lose badly from Benson to Boldin. I would target someone like Greg Jennings, DeSean Jackson or Marques Colston at the very least. Or like Stinky Dog said try to acquire Bernard Scott, the RB position in that Cincy offense is going to be very lucrative this year, they weren't in the RZ too much last year but with T.O and the passing game improving they will score a lot more which is why if somehow Benson can get through 16 games I think he can put up 1,400 rushing yards 200 receiving yards and 10 TD's. But you have to have Bernard Scott...
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
craigthomasb
College star

Brandon marshall is a little high

If it was me, i would go for a young WR with some potentail like hakeem nicks, and try to package benson and a position your weak at for a strong one and nicks, EG, Benson and weak CB for strong CB and nicks
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Poodle
Banned

i already have Nicks. but yeah the B.Marshall trade got rejected.

and i can't justify handcuffs. every time i've taken handcuffs its never paid off, and i've always dropped them in favor of someone that is getting their touches.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I'm not high on him either, but if you can't get equal value, then just keep him. RB is a valuable position. How many people are in your league?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
Poodle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
I'm not high on him either, but if you can't get equal value, then just keep him. RB is a valuable position. How many people are in your league?

10 teams. 2 starting QB, 3 player keeper league.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: