Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation
Default The Official Baltimore Ravens Thread

Any Ravens fans up in here?

Pumped for the Jets.

With Housh I think we can go 13-3
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Rendezvous32
Banned

Rendezvous32 is considered somewhat coolRendezvous32 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Official Baltimore Ravens Thread

Ravens will win monday night, pos rep me, pos rep you.
Rendezvous32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
darius15
High School JV MVP

darius15 has decent reputationdarius15 has decent reputation

We have a really well balanced team this year, I think we're gonna win 10-14 games this season. Can't wait for the return of Stallworth and Reed. And yeah, the Jets are getting embarassed Monday night.
darius15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

being a saints fan, and major frustration with stallworth, you guys shouldn't be glad stallworth is coming back. hell i'd be happy with an older brandon stokley over stallworth right now. the guy is not clutch. luckily he is down deep in the wr depth chart.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

he will be the #4 WR.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Are you gonna throw at Revis or what?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I got the Ravens winning the superbowl this year.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

i love the Ravens this year. finally a stacked O, and the D is supposed to be even better. just tempering my expectations since they look too good to be true on paper.

and i hope they throw at Revis, and abuse him. i'd be really disappointed if they didn't.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As a Bengals fan, I have a couple of different thought on this:

First off, hopefully it's a physical game that leaves them a bit worn, because we got them next week at home

There is also a part of me that hopes they won in convincing fashion, so that maybe they are overconfident coming into next week's showdown.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 AM   #10
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Bring-Your-Js has decent reputation

Baltimore fans are going to love Boldin. Clearly not the most explosive guy, definitely one of the toughest and most physical. He's a bad Son of a ***** who shows up everyday and will play through all types of various injuries and still perform. Basically, he plays Raven Football with a defensive player's mentality, on offense and this was pointed out by Gruden and Jaworski tonight. Seen him play almost every game since '03 and that trade was among the dumbest things the Cardinals could've done IMO. He's easily going to go over 1000+ again this year and be a huge weapon in the arsenal.

Last edited by Bring-Your-Js : 09-14-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Bring-Your-Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

**** Willis McGahee. That is all.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring-Your-Js
Baltimore fans are going to love Boldin. Clearly not the most explosive guy, definitely one of the toughest and most physical. He's a bad Son of a ***** who shows up everyday and will play through all types of various injuries and still perform. Basically, he plays Raven Football with a defensive player's mentality, on offense and this was pointed out by Gruden and Jaworski tonight. Seen him play almost every game since '03 and that trade was among the dumbest things the Cardinals could've done IMO. He's easily going to go over 1000+ again this year and be a huge weapon in the arsenal.

I didn't watch all of the game, but noticed in the box score that Boldin had 7 receptions for 110 yards. Were those caught on Revis or did they have someone else on him? That would be a lot for Revis to give up.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I didn't watch all of the game, but noticed in the box score that Boldin had 7 receptions for 110 yards. Were those caught on Revis or did they have someone else on him? That would be a lot for Revis to give up.

Neither did I, but for the most part Revis was Revis. The only thing I recall going against him was a pass interference call that was rather blatant even though he didn't appear to be beat. Cromartie on the other hand, got thrown at constantly. Jets secondary just couldn't stop Baltimore's third down conversions. Revis covered all three receivers at one point or another and they'd go the opposite way and move the chains.

I expected the Ravens to show a lot better offensively, but the Jets suffocated the run game per usual even without Jenkins. Against any other team, Baltimore should be incredibly formidable with all the weapons they have (Rice, Boldin, Mason, Houshmandzadeh, Stallworth, Heap). Rice had 700+ yards receving last year in addition to his 1340 on the ground; not sure he has to this year.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

boldin was abusing their rookie on a lot of his catches. if not him it was Cromartie. Revis was on Mason a lot i think.

i think it was the Jets D and both D's were really fired up going into this. it was like a playoff game the way they were both fired up pregame, altho they're probably the 2 teams with the most attitude in the NFL.

Ray Rice will get a lot more yards against most other teams running like he did. same with LT imo. Flacco was sort of off but he still played well.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #15
Bring-Your-Js
I hit 30-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
boldin was abusing their rookie on a lot of his catches. if not him it was Cromartie. Revis was on Mason a lot i think.

i think it was the Jets D and both D's were really fired up going into this. it was like a playoff game the way they were both fired up pregame, altho they're probably the 2 teams with the most attitude in the NFL.

Ray Rice will get a lot more yards against most other teams running like he did. same with LT imo. Flacco was sort of off but he still played well.

There were a couple instances where Rice came damn close to being in a foot race with the Jets secondary but was tripped up on each occasion before he could get free. Credit to the Jets' dominant run defense.

It'll be interesting to see how Brady and Belichick attack this week. One of the things that has irritated me is Moss getting into his 30s just as Revis has become dominant. I personally feel like an '03 Moss would roast his ass dry. Hell, even '07 Moss. We'll see.

Last edited by Bring-Your-Js : 09-14-2010 at 10:21 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: