Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Default IlliniFan NFL Power Rankings

I've decided to copy Primetime and make my own power ranking thread. No ridiculous rules for these, just my personal opinion. Will update weekly.

WEEK 7

1. Jets (1) (5-1) – Probably should have lost, but they found a way to pull it out (with a little help from the refs)
2. Steelers (3) (4-1) – Convincing victory against a Browns team that has been playing everyone close.
3. Patriots (5) (4-1) – Huge win against a tough Ravens team, and did it without a deep threat.
4. Colts (6) (4-2) – They need a good running game to keep winning.
5. Saints (7) (4-2) – Brees looked great, and Ivory went for 150. Coincidence?
6. Ravens (2) (4-2) – No one has played a tougher schedule than the Ravens.
7. Falcons (4) (4-2) – Michael Turner needs to wake the **** up.
8. Giants (12) (4-2) – Great turn around for this team after a rough start.
9. Eagles (14) (4-2) – Looking good with Vick or Kolb. Good problem to have.
10. Texans (13) (4-2) – Offense is great, defense is awful. Don’t think they’ll do much if they get to the playoffs.
11. Dolphins (16) (3-2) – Beat the Packers in Green Bay. This team can be very good.
12. Titans (15) (4-2) – Beat up on a Jaguars team fresh off a big win against the Colts.
13. Bears (8) (4-2) – Have to find a way to shore up that offensive line….
14. Packers (9) (3-3) – What happened to this team?
15. Chiefs (10) (3-2) – Still think they win that division.
16. Redskins (11) (3-3) – Played the Colts tough at home. Torrain has been a nice surprise.
17. Vikings (22) (2-3) – Got a season saving win against the Cowboys, now have to keep the momentum going.
18. Bengals (21) (2-3) – Bye weeks are going to move a lot of teams up this season.
19. Chargers (17) (2-4) – Probably should be lower, but are they really this bad?
20. Broncos (23) (2-4) – I know they lost, but they played well enough to win against the #1 team, so they move up.
21. Buccaneers (19) (3-2) – Feels like the Saints have always had their number.
22. Seahawks (25) (3-3) – Never easy to win on the road in the NFL.
23. Cowboys (18) (1-4) – LOL
24. Jaguars (20) (3-3) – Such a Jekyll and Hyde team.
25. Rams (28) (3-3) – Need consistency from the Rams. How do you get blown out by the Lions, then beat the Chargers?
26. Cardinals (24) (3-2) – Rare bye week descent.
27. Lions (27) (1-5) – Yeah they lost, but they are better than the teams around them.
28. 49ers (30) (1-5) – First win in week 6. Who would have thought?
29. Browns (29) (1-5) – Did anyone really expect them to win this week?
30. Raiders (26) (2-4) – Should have been able to beat the 49ers, but it’s Oakland so expect the unexpected.
31. Panthers (31) (0-5) – Mercifully, a bye week.
32. Bills (32) (0-5) – See Panthers.

Last edited by IlliniFan : 10-19-2010 at 10:57 PM.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: IlliniFan NFL Power Rankings

Don't like the Bears at 6. They should have lost to the Lions. Don't like the Texans at 3. They should have lost to the Skins. The Dolphins at #10? They had 2 close wins over your #24 and #32 ranked teams. Vikings at 24? 2 close losses, 1 to your #1 team and the other to your #10 team.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

THIS is why I have a 3-move rule

the Bears at #6 overall???

th Dolphins at #10 overall???

Dallas at #19 and Vikes at #24???

Chiefs at #12

this list has 10x more knee jerking than the f*ckin ESPN list

this has the "must move 10 spots for a win" rule...

it is a good thing you don't have a 3-move rule, because with that list you are going to be moving teams around 20 spots at a time cause they are so off...

what happens if Dallas or Minny loses again at starts 0-3? gonna go ahead and knee jerk them down with Browns and Rams even though it is obvious they are better???

If Peterson gets ONE YARD the Dolphins are at 24 and the Vikes are at 10???

this is the list of someone that doesn't follow anything other than the final score and overall record...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Don't like the Bears at 6. They should have lost to the Lions. Don't like the Texans at 3. They should have lost to the Skins. The Dolphins at #10? They had 2 close wins over your #24 and #32 ranked teams. Vikings at 24? 2 close losses, 1 to your #1 team and the other to your #10 team.
No they shouldn't have lost to the lions. The Lions were outplayed the entire game, and it really shouldn't have been that close in the first place. The Bears are a top 10 team right now. Texans beat the colts then went to Washington and beat the Skins. Good enough for #3 to me. They are playing great football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
THIS is why I have a 3-move rule

the Bears at #6 overall???

th Dolphins at #10 overall???

Dallas at #19 and Vikes at #24???

Chiefs at #12

this list has 10x more knee jerking than the f*ckin ESPN list

this has the "must move 10 spots for a win" rule...

it is a good thing you don't have a 3-move rule, because with that list you are going to be moving teams around 20 spots at a time cause they are so off...

what happens if Dallas or Minny loses again at starts 0-3? gonna go ahead and knee jerk them down with Browns and Rams even though it is obvious they are better???

If Peterson gets ONE YARD the Dolphins are at 24 and the Vikes are at 10???

this is the list of someone that doesn't follow anything other than the final score and overall record...

If Dallas and Minnesota lose again, they will probably move down a couple more spots on the list. It's not the offseason anymore. We can't base the list purely on how good we think teams are. Right now, both those teams are playing like shit, and are ranked where they deserve. Chiefs are 2-0 and beat a damn good Chargers team. They deserve the 12 spot. Don't see how you think the Dolphins at 10 are a joke when you have the Cowboys at 0-2 EVEN higher than that on your list. That's ridiculous. If this list was only final score and overall record, Dallas and Minnesota would be a lot farther down and all the 1-1 teams would be ahead of them, and the Bucs would be top 10, along with a ton of other changes, so that's just not true.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
JerrySteakhouse
Sophia Bush > ALL #JSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
I've decided to copy Primetime and make my own power ranking thread. No ridiculous rules for these, just my personal opinion. Will update weekly.

1. Saints (2-0) - Superbowl champs, still undefeated, deserve the #1 spot.
2. Packers (2-0) - Defense has looked good, along with an explosive offense. Will face a good test from division rivals this week.
3. Texans (2-0) - Impressive in beating the Colts, and coming back from large defecit on the road.
4. Steelers (2-0) - That defense is amazing. If Big Ben comes back in form, this team is scary.
5. Colts (1-1) - Annihilated the Giants, looking more like the team we expected after speed bump against Houston.
6. Bears (2-0) - Defense has been decent, Cutler looking better with Martz. If they can beat the Packers, look out..
7. Jets (1-1) - Made a statement beating the Patriots and making Tom Brady look ordinary. Sanchez making strides.
8. Patriots (1-1) - Still not sure about this team, can the offense be as explosive as it was a few years ago?
9. Ravens (1-1) - Great defense as always. Offense is brutal...Flacco has looked awful, Rice average..
10. Dolphins (2-0) - Defense playing well, strong running game, can passing game catch up?
11. Falcons (1-1) - Responded very well to week 1 loss. Can they keep it going?
12. Chiefs (2-0) - Beat a very good Chargers team, avoided let down in week 2. Deserve this spot. Cassell must start playing better for them to have a chance.
13. Chargers (1-1) - We saw the Chargers well all expected to see in week 2.
14. Redskins (1-1) - Should be 2-0, let a win get away from them against a very good Houston team.
15. Bengals (1-1) - Impressive win against the Ravens, though they failed to score any touchdowns. Must get offense going.
16. Eagles - Offense looks great with Vick at QB, must prove that they can beat other playoff contending teams.
17. Giants (1-1) Eli and company got a major wake up call from the Colts.
18. Titans (1-1) They got absolutely shut down by the Steelers. Nothing to be ashamed of, but must prove they can beat teams better than Oakland.
19. Cowboys (0-2) - Huge game against Houston this week. Must avoid going 0-3 to maintain playoff hopes.
20. Buccaneers (2-0) - Haven't beaten anyone of note, but they have taken care of business with a young, talented offense. Can they beat the Steelers?
21. Jaguars (1-1) Looked awful in San Diego after solid opener against Broncos. Which performance is more indicative of who this team is?
22. Broncos (1-1) - Good win against the Seahawks. What will they do against the Colts?
23. 49ers (0-2) - Had a chance to beat defending champs, showed a lot more after a pathetic week 1 performance.
24. Vikings (0-2) - Defense looks good as expected, but has Favre lost his touch? Must win this week.
25. Cardinals (1-1) - They need a legit QB. Derek Anderson is not the answer.
26. Seahawks (1-1) - Big letdown after nice week 1 victory.
27. Raiders (1-1) - Still a couple years away from being good. Can Al Davis build a good team?
28. Lions (0-2) - This team can be good. Offense is explosive even with a backup QB, and Suh is a difference maker on the line. Terrible luck with Stafford.
29. Panthers (0-2) - Is Clausen the answer here?
30. Browns (0-2) - I feel sorry for all Browns fans. Is any team consistently this bad?
31. Rams (0-2) - They have their franchise QB, can they build the team around him?
32. Bills (0-2) - What a mess...Major rebuilding project here.

JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Quote:

I feel that. I like the list, the Bears are little high and the Chargers are a little low to me but it's a good list.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
If Dallas and Minnesota lose again, they will probably move down a couple more spots on the list. It's not the offseason anymore. We can't base the list purely on how good we think teams are. Right now, both those teams are playing like shit, and are ranked where they deserve. Chiefs are 2-0 and beat a damn good Chargers team. They deserve the 12 spot. Don't see how you think the Dolphins at 10 are a joke when you have the Cowboys at 0-2 EVEN higher than that on your list. That's ridiculous. If this list was only final score and overall record, Dallas and Minnesota would be a lot farther down and all the 1-1 teams would be ahead of them, and the Bucs would be top 10, along with a ton of other changes, so that's just not true.

WTF are you talking about?

that is EXACTLY what you do...

NOT THIS:

1. Bears (2-0) this team is great, I mean just look at their record
2. Dolphins (2-0) wow, how awesome they are, even though the Vikes were one yards away from winning and Favre gave them the ball 100x, this team is clearly top 10
3. Steelers (2-0) they are undeatfeated in week 2, so they are clearly awesome, even with Batch at QB
15. Chargers (1-1)they lost a game, so they are average
31. Cowboys (0-2) winnless, they SUCK
32. Vikings (0-2) wow, can this team win a game?...I know they were one yard away, but WOW they suck!!!

^^^ your thought process

these rankings are worse than ESPN's...the knee jerking is unreal and I hope you keep it up because it will be laughable how much moving around you will be doing next week...
Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
I feel that. I like the list, the Bears are little high and the Chargers are a little low to me but it's a good list.

Thanks.

I Think the Chargers at 13 is fair. They pounded on an average Jacksonville team at home. East coast teams usually suck when they travel all the way to san deigo.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

WTF are you talking about?

that is EXACTLY what you do...

NOT THIS:

1. Bears (2-0) this team is great, I mean just look at their record
2. Dolphins (2-0) wow, how awesome they are, even though the Vikes were one yards away from winning and Favre gave them the ball 100x, this team is clearly top 10
3. Steelers (2-0) they are undeatfeated in week 2, so they are clearly awesome, even with Batch at QB
15. Chargers (1-1)they lost a game, so they are average
31. Cowboys (0-2) winnless, they SUCK
32. Vikings (0-2) wow, can this team win a game?...I know they were one yard away, but WOW they suck!!!

^^^ your thought process

these rankings are worse than ESPN's...the knee jerking is unreal and I hope you keep it up because it will be laughable how much moving around you will be doing next week...

So you don't take results into consideration at all?

This is your thought process?

1. Cowboys (0-2) - I think they're great, doesn't matter if they lose still a top 10 team in my mind.
2. Vikings (0-2) - They made the NFC championsihp game last year!! MUST BE AMAZING!!
30. Dolphins (2-0) - Chad Henne only threw for 150 yards..they must suck
31. Steelers (2-0) - LOL BATCH AT QB, who cares about the best defense in the league this team is shit!

You can't just take that one sentence out of the context of the paragraph. You have to take results into account somewhat, and you're really not doing it much at all. This isn't the preseason anymore.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
30. Dolphins (2-0) - Chad Henne only threw for 150 yards..they must suck
Henne throws 1/4 of the attempts Romo throws. 1 QB wins, 1 QB loses. Headscratcher.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

no you don't...not in WEEK 2 POWER RANKINGS

you go by who you think is playing the best...the W/L shouldn't really come into play until mid season...

week 8, if you have a losing team in the top 10 that is a problem...

week 8, if you have a winning team in the bottom 10 that is a problem...

YOU are going to be moving teams around 10 spots at a time, flip flopping all over the place...beacuse you are only looking at wins and loses and not WHO IS BETTER!!!

do you REALLY think Vick and the Eagles are better than Dallas???? if so you are a fool...the spread would be like 9 points Eagles THE UNDERDOG!!!

9/26 1:00 ET At Houston -3 Dallas

^^^ that means the general public has Dallas and Houston EVEN on neutral ground...
Old 09-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Henne throws 1/4 of the attempts Romo throws. 1 QB wins, 1 QB loses. Headscratcher.
Romo has won much more than Henne...

neither of you would bet on the Phins to win against Dallas with an even spread...and that is because YOU THINK DALLAS IS BETTER
Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

you have the f*cking Titans, who just got done benching their QB, above Dallas...
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
AirGauge23
Team NWO

I won't put much weight into any Power Rankings until after Week 8.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #15
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Taking a brief look at these rankings..
-They actually look pretty darn good. You came down hard on the Vikings and Cowboys for being 0-2 but that's just your opinion.

- I'm not fully convinced with the Bears that high but knowing your a fan it's not suprising at all. And they do have a quality win now that they've beat Dallas on the road.

-Good to see you gave both the Texans and Steelers some love..along with the Colts they've been the best teams in the AFC.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: