Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 09-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Default What are your expectations for next season?

What are your expectations for next season my fellow Suns fans?

Will we be able to return to the conference finals? (Hopefully)

How will Hedo/Childress/Warrick do? (They will do well but we'll really miss Amare)

We have no interior scoring, will our 3 point shooting keep us in games? (Lack of interior scoring will cost us more than a few games)

Will Robin Lopez Break out? (I dont see it yet, maybe next season I could be wrong though)

Your thoughts please? (My opinion in the brackets)

Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
dillion Stockman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: What are your expectations for next season?

You no I like are team and agree with alot of the things you said i just think we need more bigs wish we could get the mediocre Erick Dampier for some reason i think we will be fine i hope i am right
dillion Stockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
joe
College superstar

I think, if they don't have the play the Lakers in the first two rounds, they can easily make the western conference finals. I don't see another strong contender for the "2nd place throne." The thunder get a lot of hype, but outside of Durant and Westbrook they're weak. The Spurs can be good if Ginobli, Duncan, and Splitter all play to maximum potential, but I find that hard to fathom.

Outside of those two teams, no one else seems especially mentionable. The Jazz added Al Jefferson but lost a bunch more. The Hornets improved a bit but not a jarring amount. Mavericks seem solid but not dangerous. People keep saying the Suns will miss the playoffs, but I just don't see where they're coming from.

They lack interior scoring but whatever. The league is changing. I'm not saying interior scoring isn't important, but you can make the WCF finals with a swing-heavy line up. Where are all these bigs that are supposedly going to punish the Suns? Al Jefferson, David West, and who else that isn't on the Lakers out west? Those guys aren't going to single-handedly win a series. Tim Duncan's too old.

I usually don't feel like depth is a great asset once the playoffs roll around, but the Suns have so much of it that it really matters. Being able to have two starting line-ups basically kills the other team. The Lakers are obviously still better than the Suns, but all these other teams are way overhyped in my opinion. But I could be wrong, we'll have to see what happens.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
DatWasNashty
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I think, if they don't have the play the Lakers in the first two rounds, they can easily make the western conference finals. I don't see another strong contender for the "2nd place throne." The thunder get a lot of hype, but outside of Durant and Westbrook they're weak. The Spurs can be good if Ginobli, Duncan, and Splitter all play to maximum potential, but I find that hard to fathom.

Outside of those two teams, no one else seems especially mentionable. The Jazz added Al Jefferson but lost a bunch more. The Hornets improved a bit but not a jarring amount. Mavericks seem solid but not dangerous. People keep saying the Suns will miss the playoffs, but I just don't see where they're coming from.

They lack interior scoring but whatever. The league is changing. I'm not saying interior scoring isn't important, but you can make the WCF finals with a swing-heavy line up. Where are all these bigs that are supposedly going to punish the Suns? Al Jefferson, David West, and who else that isn't on the Lakers out west? Those guys aren't going to single-handedly win a series. Tim Duncan's too old.

I usually don't feel like depth is a great asset once the playoffs roll around, but the Suns have so much of it that it really matters. Being able to have two starting line-ups basically kills the other team. The Lakers are obviously still better than the Suns, but all these other teams are way overhyped in my opinion. But I could be wrong, we'll have to see what happens.
I'd rather stay under the radar than have high expectations. Agreed with your breakdown, btw. I think Denver could give us some trouble granted they are firing on all cylinders and don't have chemistry issues (Melo trade rumors, Karl's health etc).
DatWasNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: