Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 09-30-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Little room for Austin Daye at SG, SF

The Detroit Free Press reports:

If the roster stays put, it would appear that the presence of Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Ben Gordon and Tracy McGrady would be roadblocks for Daye to earn playing time.

Daye admitted Wednesday that those thoughts have crept into his mind, but he isn't dwelling on it. He is just going to go about showing he can be the player the organization envisions.

"I'm confident within myself that I think I should be playing, but it's up to the coaching staff to see what I've done, all the work I've put in," Daye said. "But I got to go out there and prove it to the coaching staff.

"That's the whole thing -- proving I should be playing and things like that."
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Little room for Austin Daye at SG, SF

Man the pistons roster has been scrambled up with big guys.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think someone will get injured at some point and that will clear up some playing time for some of the people who might be lower on the totem pole. I also think as we get closer to the trade deadline there might actually be some movement on this roster.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think someone will get injured at some point and that will clear up some playing time for some of the people who might be lower on the totem pole. I also think as we get closer to the trade deadline there might actually be some movement on this roster.

Yah, that's the idea. I could see almost anyone getting dealt. Gordon if someone really wants him, but he's least likely. Rip would certainly be dealt, Prince is a valuable expiring(most valuable in league?),Mcgrady could be hurt by then but we don't have bird rights on a one year min deal, so if he performs he could be dealt for value.

For what it's worth, I think Charlie V's going to have a huge season. I think he's a poor man's version of a Bosh/Sheed combination. I am also excited to see Monroe get passes to Rip and gordon off screens. Our bigs aren't near as bad as people think.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, they have been saying good things about Charlie so far. Hopefully he steps up. The sky is the limit with Monroe. It might take him a little bit to get used to things, and he won't have the opportunity to get major minutes to do so though. It could hinder his growth a bit, which is something I'm worried about. I think a rookie like him needs about 25 minutes per game. He more than likely won't get that.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: