Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Default Will Keke Palmer be the next Zoe Saldana? Possibe for Brian K. Vaughn's Runaway

Keke Palmer in Brian K. Vaughn's Runaways?

Now, the comic adaptation of Brian K. Vaughn's RUNAWAYS may not be as huge as X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, but it's possible that they will rival one another in casting news.
From the beginning of the comic, there are quite a few characters. The kids in the storyline are just as important as their extraordinary parents.
It looks like Keke Palmer might be the first person to join the cast. A reader tipped off /Film about an excerpt from Ms. Palmer in Essence Magazine. She told the publication this, "I’ve had a nice little break with the steady TV show but I’m definitely ready to do some more films again. I was just asked to join a new Marvel comic project called, “Runaways.”
Most of you might be familiar with Palmer as she was the title character in AKEELAH AND THE BEE. Unless you are just a really huge fan of TRUE JACKSON, VP. We don't judge here.
I've slapped Palmer's pic with the skrull sex changer, Xavin. Now, the actress has obviously not mentioned which part she would be playing, but I will bet money this is the one they offer her. Xavin is in training to be a super skrull and first appears as a male. I'm wondering if they will just skip that and keep her female. The skrull is sent to the Earth to find one of the Runaways, Karolina Dean.
I won't divulge anymore, just on the off chance that I am wrong, but it's worth a try.
Source: Essence Magazine , /Film
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I predict that once she gets around 20-22 she'll blow up.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Default Re: Will Keke Palmer be the next Zoe Saldana? Possibe for Brian K. Vaughn's Runaway

Haha, I auditioned for this movie a few weeks ago. Didn't think they were actually going to make it, figured a project like this would be stuck in production hell for eternity. I doubt that the vast majority of moviegoers have the slightest clue that the comics even exist not like it's the big names (Spiderman, Iron Man, X-Men, etc) really a niche comic, might not do so hot at the box office. But maybe the success of Kick Ass made them rethink the whole teenage super/anti hero thing.

But Disney/Marvel are churning out whatever properties they own into film. Scarlett Johannsen (sp?) was tabbed to play the Black Widow in the upcoming Avengers movie and she might get her own feature. Then they're doing Captain America, Dr. Strange, Black Panther might even get some burn... there won't be a shortage of superhero films in the next 4-5 years from Marvel.

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 10-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Default Re: Will Keke Palmer be the next Zoe Saldana? Possibe for Brian K. Vaughn's Runaway

Xavin shouldn't be in the 1st Runaways film. I get the feeling they are going to skip the first story arc, which was the best of the series. That would be a mistake.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Xavin shouldn't be in the 1st Runaways film. I get the feeling they are going to skip the first story arc, which was the best of the series. That would be a mistake.
+1

wonder who they are going to get for Nico?
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Dasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
+1

wonder who they are going to get for Nico?
Before the blogosphere went nuts, and threatened to lead a boycott of the film, the casting directors intended to cast Nico Minoru as a white girl.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Dasher

Kick-Ass made nearly 100 million dollars at the box office. It made it's budget back and then some.

Scott Pilgrim bombed hard, but should do great with DVDs and other merchandising. The books became best sellers after the film was released.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Before the blogosphere went nuts, and threatened to lead a boycott of the film, the casting directors intended to cast Nico Minoru as a white girl.
that just seems like an unnecessary change, there have been changes of race for comic characters, Kingpin and Fury (yes i know he's black in the ultimate universe, but still) first come to mind.
But well... there aren't many non-ninja/samurai/martial artist Asians in comic books, and it's not like there is a shortage of Asian actors. So i can see why there would be an uproar
Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Kick-Ass made nearly 100 million dollars at the box office. It made it's budget back and then some.

Scott Pilgrim bombed hard, but should do great with DVDs and other merchandising. The books became best sellers after the film was released.
+1

had the books, saw the movie, plan on getting the Dvd
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: