Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anyone else getting the new Medal of Honor?

Out in about a week and a half.

Game looks great though. The only thing I'm worried about is that apparently sniper rifles can take you down with a chest shot. That doesn't sound too good. Otherwise, it looks good.

I'll be playing on ps3 btw, if anyone wants to play MP with me. This is your chances to kill me!
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Anyone else getting the new Medal of Honor?

newegg 10$ off + free ship
EMCZYZN77 - pc
EMCZYZN78 - 360
EMCZYZN79 - ps3
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wasn't planning on it and now with the wave of mediocre reviews coming in, definitely not getting this.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Had planned to, but I've spent enough on games already, and I'm far more interested in getting Black Ops, and like Qwyjibo said, the reviews have been mediocre so far.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

holy shit these can't be the real graphics, can they?

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/M.../Item2808.aspx

those are practically video quality images
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Link to more gameplay

Link to gameplay

Check out videos. Meh, the one thing I like about the multiplayer that COD doesnt have? The sound effects. So much is going on. COD its more quiet as you are trying to hear your enemy or detect them. Medal of Honor? Kind of like chaos. And you hear screaming, gun sounds of all kinds, RPG wizzing by, explosions. That is tight. Outside of that? Its Black Ops for me. And I cant see myself buying 2 military games close to one another like Medal of Honor and COD are. Overkill.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

quick look

generic console shooter/cod rip off. no thanks.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:38 AM   #8
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

The game supposedly ends with Linkin Park in the background....
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Link to more gameplay

Link to gameplay

Check out videos. Meh, the one thing I like about the multiplayer that COD doesnt have? The sound effects. So much is going on. COD its more quiet as you are trying to hear your enemy or detect them. Medal of Honor? Kind of like chaos. And you hear screaming, gun sounds of all kinds, RPG wizzing by, explosions. That is tight. Outside of that? Its Black Ops for me. And I cant see myself buying 2 military games close to one another like Medal of Honor and COD are. Overkill.

This. I'm not going to buy both. If Black Ops doesn't impress I'll keep playing CODMW2 and get MOH but it's going to take some convincing. I barely got DECENT at COD (I suck at shooters but am good at sports games) I don't want to start over and suck at MOH.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The game looks and plays great, provided you understand/accept that they are going for realism and not "video game cool".

I'm not a online player so I have no clue about the multiplayer first hand. That said, from what I've seen team work>movement>target acquisition.

Overall its a cool game, though I'm glad the single player is short that way I can play it, beat it, and trade it in before the value drops too much.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #11
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
The game looks and plays great, provided you understand/accept that they are going for realism and not "video game cool".

you really believe that? gameplay is completely ripped from cod, its so blatant i don't see how anyone can dispute it. and watch that vid i posted, lol the amount of scripted sequences are ridiculous. a guy goes invincible so he can start a fire, you literally can't shoot him until he is finished.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I picked up a pre-owned copy of BFBC:2 instead of pre-ordering this.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
KareemCambell
Banned

KareemCambell is a pretty well-respected posterKareemCambell is a pretty well-respected posterKareemCambell is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
The game supposedly ends with Linkin Park in the background....

i might check it out once the price goes down
KareemCambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #14
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
quick look

generic console shooter/cod rip off. no thanks.

When did COD become unique? That is the most generic console shooter.

Socom 4 is going to destroy both series, watch. Zipper is back, better get your PS3 fixed.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
miamiandorlando
Serious playground baller

miamiandorlando is popular on this boardmiamiandorlando is popular on this boardmiamiandorlando is popular on this boardmiamiandorlando is popular on this boardmiamiandorlando is popular on this board

when did COD get such a rep?
miamiandorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: